Author Topic: Reports on events attended by Forum members  (Read 1457 times)

Christopher

Reports on events attended by Forum members
« on: July 21, 2008, 04:25:18 AM »
If you've recently attended an art exhibition, been to the cinema, a concert, a gig or a play in a theatre in Belfast or elsewhere in Northern Ireland please feel free to tell Forum members about the event.

I attended one of Ludwig's Acoustic Sessions at White's Tavern last night and was slightly disappointed that there was not a larger audience. I don't know if there were any journalists or people from local radio stations at the event ... they certainly should have been there as this is one of the events where up and coming musicians meet for a bit of craic and play a short set. The audience were entertained by several great musicians last night ... Nancy Hartigan (Belfast), Jimmy Cullen (Co. Wexford), Ernie Kavos (Belfast), Malachy Costello (Belfast), Eve Williams (Belfast), Maebh Meir (Belfast) and Andy Train (Belfast) to name a few.

Belle Fast

Re: Reports on events attended by Forum members
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 02:14:02 PM »
I shall be attending a session  in the Crown 1st Saturday in October. Mine hosts will be the dynamic duo of the forum, I'll post a report if I can remember the night all welcome , free of charge O0

Christopher

Re: Reports on events attended by Forum members
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 01:08:31 AM »
Two events ... The opening night at the Acoustic Sessions at Charlie's Coffee Shop was great ... see the thread relating to this venue on this board and see the What's on in Belfast Board to see who played ... there was also a brilliant trio called Sparks Fly playing at this gig.

The second event was in the Black Box. This is a great venue for an evening's entertainment. There's also the Black Box Coffee Shop which is open daily Monday to Friday ... 10.00am to 5.00pm The space in the Black Box and the Coffee Shop is available for hire for Corporate and Private Functions. See details on www.blackboxbelfast.com