Author Topic: Advice needed for nightlife in Belfast  (Read 2686 times)

Charliecat5

Advice needed for nightlife in Belfast
« on: July 25, 2008, 01:35:53 PM »
I am coming to Belfast with a group of 8 girls at the end of september for one night (saturday) It is my friends 21st and she is insisting that we all get dressed up in fancy dress (no rules about what to wear) - i am not to keen on the idea and wondered if we would look like a load of idiots and really stand out - or if you have seen other such groups in fancy dress around the bars??

I'm thinking there won't be many at the end of september!

Will we not be allowed into certain places if we are dressed up?

Also - could anyone advise me where the best places are to go and drink, dance and have a giggle?

stewie

Re: Advice needed for nightlife in Belfast
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 01:42:46 PM »
Charliecat best place to head would be the odyssey complex O0loads of night clubs and bars under one roof :Pthere is no problem with fancy dress hen or stag night,s there the place is full of them at the weekends O0for just a drink and laugh,head to robinsons bar or the botanic inn O0 and for cheap booze :)the bridge house aka witherspoons :P enjoy your stay Charlie :-*

Charliecat5

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 02:12:16 PM »
Thanks for your advice! Is the Odyssey quite rough though (chavs, fights etc)? We are from Newcastle but tend to go to kinda more upmarket bars when we are out. Is there an area in which we may find places like this - and would stand out / be let in these places if we are dressed up?

stewie

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »
Thanks for your advice! Is the Odyssey quite rough though (chavs, fights etc)? We are from Newcastle but tend to go to kinda more upmarket bars when we are out. Is there an area in which we may find places like this - and would stand out / be let in these places if we are dressed up?
;D it,s not to bad loads of young one,s,and you dont get many chavs here ;Dthere,s a place called Bar7 in there would probably suit you ok O0give them a ring before you turn up,and ask about dressing up O0You also have loads of bars and clubs around the City Center,Madisons,the Wellington park,Benidicts,pot house bar,cafe Vauderville classy place O0 the whig,theres loads of places Charlie,you wont be stuck for somewhere to go O0

AL CAPONE

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 02:29:06 PM »
try the pigeon club on a friday night, many a one in there look as if they are dresseup up for halloween. Seriously though most places in town are sound.Wish i was in newcastle myself now sitting in the Groat house or the Chambers bars, i thought they were quite good. O0

Mrs Timberlake

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 03:29:37 PM »
Charlie

It can be a bit of a nightmare getting a taxi home from the Odyssey and there can be quite a few chavs hanging about outside causing trouble.

If I were you, I would head to Cathedral Quarter (any taxi driver would be able to take you).  There are lovely bars round there.  I would suggest the Northern Whig or The Pothouse (good club upstairs) or Mynt (gay bar but great fun and excellent club upstairs with plenty of straight people).  Not too far from there is Milk nightclub or Cafe Vaudeville.  Everything is within walking distance.  There are loads of groups dressed up but to be honest when we see them we say "look at them [censored]" (no offence).  Some of the bouncers can be a$$holes and would turn you away if you are being over-rowdy so if I were you I would leave the fancy dress at home  O0
Does my face look bothered?

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 09:36:46 PM »
I am coming to Belfast with a group of 8 girls at the end of september for one night (saturday) It is my friends 21st and she is insisting that we all get dressed up in fancy dress (no rules about what to wear) - i am not to keen on the idea and wondered if we would look like a load of idiots and really stand out - or if you have seen other such groups in fancy dress around the bars??

I'm thinking there won't be many at the end of september!

Will we not be allowed into certain places if we are dressed up?

Also - could anyone advise me where the best places are to go and drink, dance and have a giggle?

Hi Charlie,

Send a message to [email protected]

She should be able to advise you where to go.

Auntie Annies Saturday Skibunny has alternative pop music with DJs Mark and Tanya.The music ranges from DJ Format to Jon Spencer, from German electro, to garage rock .Skibunny events have included -The Make-up, Fridge, Sparklehorse, Snowpatrol, David Holmes, and The Go! Team. As recommended by Radio 1 and the NME.

Have a look at the Limelight's site too www.thelimelightbelfast.com/manager/default.asp

Christopher