Author Topic: Ex girl friend  (Read 13622 times)

Liam

Ex girl friend
« on: August 03, 2008, 10:09:36 PM »
Hello, I thought I'd posted this already, but apparently not!

I'm just wondering if anybody on the forum knows of a Joann Mackay, (probably married now, so not Mackay anymore!)

If this is the wrong place, please locate it somewhere suitable.

Thanks!
Live every day like it's your last...one day you'll be right!

Belle Fast

Re: Ex girl friend
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 02:17:32 AM »
Hello Liam welcome to the forum, have you got any more info? where abouts in Belfast she lives, age etc. Someone  will help as long as your not stalking her ;)

Liam

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 04:10:00 PM »
Thanks for the reply-by the way, 'Belle Fast' is a really good name to use!

Stalking!? No, not me...  :o  I live in England, and as far as I know, she still lives over there.

She's about 43, from Whitabbey area. Gorgeous auburn hair... :-[...but she's more than likely married now - for all I know, her hubby might use this site. I'm only trying to get back some of the memories that we had, with other friends too, since actually becoming 17 or 18 again isn't possible. It's true what they say about youth being wasted on the young...anyway, I'm from Belfast and I'd get the bus to Whiteabbey, then back in to town on the last one about twenty past ten. Will that do just for now?

See ya!

Liam

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 04:32:07 PM »
I tried modifying, but was too late... I lived in Little Corporation Street, down by the docks, if that helps...and when I was really young, I went to Earl Street school, but that's off the point!

stig5882

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 01:17:52 AM »
I tried modifying, but was too late... I lived in Little Corporation Street, down by the docks, if that helps...and when I was really young, I went to Earl Street school, but that's off the point!
Hi Liam, welcome to the forum.  I had cousins that used to live in Earl Street by the name of McKinstry....I used to spend a week or 2 there in the school holidays in the 60s.... they moved out to rathcoole in the early 70s.... cheers Stig5882
family names... Kelly, Connor

Liam

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 11:37:07 PM »
Hi Stig!

I don't know the name, sorry. You must have been young when you stayed in Earl St. I was only four when I started school, that would have been in '65.

I had a peek at your profile, and it seems we're the same age. We considered moving to Rathcool but in the end stayed where we were. Do you know any other people from the area?

stig5882

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 11:40:33 PM »
Sorry, as you said we are both around the same age (47) and I would only have been 7 or 8 when I used to go there but I can still remember the smell from Gallacher's and my cousins taking me to the playground (swing park) which was at the back of the factory as far as I can remember?

Liam

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 11:43:52 PM »
I remember that smell! Maybe that's why I never smoked!
Were the swings the ones in Henry Street/Little York St?

stig5882

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 11:45:45 PM »
That's the one  O0  lucky you, I been smoking for 30 yrs and though have cut down a lot haven't quite managed to quit.....YET  ::)

Liam

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 11:50:24 PM »
The 'watchie' was always yelling at us in case we got the boat stuck!!

There was a Noel Kelly lived in the area, maybe in his 30's then - could he be a relative of yours?

stig5882

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 11:53:30 PM »
No Noel's in my family, my aunt from Earl Street was called Sarah McKinstry (nee Kelly) the Kelly's were all from east Belfast.

Liam

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 12:00:40 AM »
Ah, well, not the same Kellys - but at least you played in the swings! That was a great place. And when the 'watchie' cleaned the toilets, the smell was....fresh!

I'm off now, but I will certainly be back tomorrow

Bye, and thanks

Liam

stig5882

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2008, 12:03:11 AM »
Goodnight Liam, and thanks for the memories....  O0

Liam

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2008, 08:56:38 PM »
Hello Stig, how are you tonight?

I don't know how well you knew the area by the swings etc. Most other people on here seem to be older than us, and talk about people I don't know-no offence to any body older!

Its a bit sad that memories are all you can ever keep, 'cos the memory isn't always reliable...

stig5882

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2008, 09:04:56 PM »
Liam, I am well thankyou. Yes I know we seem to be of the "younger set"  ;)
but there are many younger than us, they do pop up from time to time....lol
I am sorry that the playground and the factory smell are really the only memories I have of Earl Street, though I seem to remember there was a wee chuch/church hall at the bottom of the street that my cousins used to take me to. maybe it was the school you spoke of  :-\  I... I lived up the Cavehill rd. then and later moved to Benview Avenue, Ballysillan, then in 71 we moved to Manchester, then Fleetwood then 73 back to east Belfast where I lived until I seperated 5 yrs. ago. Now I'm in Kent, England and starting life over.   How the hell are you???  O0