Author Topic: who made the best fish and chips in belfast ??  (Read 63900 times)

Gerard Mcg

Re: who made the best fish and chips in belfast ??
« Reply #375 on: September 11, 2019, 09:09:56 PM »
The best kept secret that I know of is that nobody made fish and chips like my Grandmother.They were "to die for".

Nellie Mc Convery (nee Leonard".

Number26

« Reply #376 on: September 14, 2019, 10:07:32 PM »
Sorry of subject again,but post doesn’t sit well on troubles etc.two good eating places in east Belfast,5% on the gilnahirk road and general merchants on the upper n,arms road.worth a visit

Bigali

« Reply #377 on: September 14, 2019, 10:25:52 PM »
Sorry of subject again,but post doesn’t sit well on troubles etc.two good eating places in east Belfast,5% on the gilnahirk road and general merchants on the upper n,arms road.worth a visit

General Merchants is good , no doubt about it if you can manage to fight your way through all the Yummy Mummy’s and ladies who lunch and actually get a seat !
Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .

misssmyth1

« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »
For me it was Longs in Durham street or Tony Fuscos on the Grosvenor Road .. they did good pasties too ..Always fresh food as always busy and Mary and Tony were very nice and Frances at Longs was a lovely person she was  a friend of my mums  ..I earned a few pennies going for fish n chips for neighbours on a Friday night  i had a little bag with a strap across my shoulder to look after the money and the notes telling me what to buy. I was quick to deliver the goods so kept my clientele LOL ... happy memories

derdrei

« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2019, 11:12:14 AM »
I thought Fuscos was the best.

boxer1949

« Reply #380 on: October 08, 2019, 02:17:06 PM »
the best