Author Topic: who made the best fish and chips in belfast ??  (Read 66395 times)

Knoxy

Re: who made the best fish and chips in belfast ??
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2008, 11:17:51 PM »
Hi
It's ages since I've had a fish supper and the best one I ever had was in Newtownards Road.  I fancy one right now after me reading all the replies. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

ourjim

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 11:37:41 PM »
If thats you Angela then ask your Da about Davie Longs and Jock Wrights, absolute magic. There was another cracker chippie on York Street called Geordie's, also the Mayola on North Queen Street, brilliant fish and peas with a bottle of orangeade & bread and butter..

Knoxy

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2008, 12:02:51 AM »
Hi OurJim
That would go down really well as you can't beat our chips from Belfast as we always know how to make the chips!!!! O0 O0 O0

feejeeks

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2008, 09:04:12 PM »
Fuscos on the Grosvenor Rd--great pasties

desi

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
raffo,s on the andytown road best everything and the quickiest service  O0
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

debisioux

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2008, 03:20:54 AM »
Is Raffo's owned by the man Aldo who also owned Eats in Lisburn ?

I was living up Ballygomartin Rd from March till May this year and there's a chippie beside the Eagle news and their stuff is all gorgeous.
There's a wee chippie in Dunmurry beside the bank called pescado and they are pretty hard to beat.  O0

johnjoe

« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 11:19:14 PM »
hi maddog only now seeing your mention of KENS chippie worked nights for a long time we used to ring in an order by the time we got there waiting for us great thanks for the memory

twiggy

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008, 12:00:28 AM »
Is Raffo's owned by the man Aldo who also owned Eats in Lisburn ?

I was living up Ballygomartin Rd from March till May this year and there's a chippie beside the Eagle news and their stuff is all gorgeous.
There's a wee chippie in Dunmurry beside the bank called pescado and they are pretty hard to beat.  O0
I go to Eats ...kingsway Dunmurry beside tesco's fish and chips are good...

debisioux

« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2008, 09:26:55 AM »
I go to Eats ...kingsway Dunmurry beside tesco's fish and chips are good...

That Eats in Kingsway is lovely too but I thought it was a lot dearer than Pescado... I got charged 4 for 4 sausages last time I was in   everywhere else is cheaper.
I have to admit to being fussy about fish & chip shops as I managed a couple of them in a former life, one of which was really busy and attracted regulars from as far away as Ballymena.  O0 O0

twiggy

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2008, 09:43:59 AM »

That Eats in Kingsway is lovely too but I thought it was a lot dearer than Pescado... I got charged 4 for 4 sausages last time I was in   everywhere else is cheaper.
I have to admit to being fussy about fish & chip shops as I managed a couple of them in a former life, one of which was really busy and attracted regulars from as far away as Ballymena.  O0 O0
hi deb....your right it is dear in there....thanks for the info didnt know about pescado's will give it a try...

Timber

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008, 09:57:29 AM »
There was a chip shop on the Woodstock Road opposite the Willowfield picture house.  I think it was also called Ritchies, same as the one on the Castlereagh Road.  Used to call there on the way home from the 'Winkie' - great scallops.
Cogito Ergo Sum

tonynuts9

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 10:11:09 AM »
If buying fish and chips today do not go to the chipy in Brittons Parade in the Whiterock you will end up in the RVH for a few weeks do that thing and go to Jonny Longs.

bricat

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 10:28:44 AM »
Although being brought up on the shankill i was sent to Raffo,s on the falls every friday night, they were definitely the best within walking distance of us, and as for the worst. ...i wouldn't recommend "the big feast" on the crumlin rd to my worst enemy, you need a hammer and chisel to eat the chips, >:( >:( >:(   absolutely terrible, we now get them from "the bus stop" on the shankill, really good. ;)
If i'd known i was goin ta live this long i would've taken better care of meself

pq

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »
in the 60s we had a great chippy in cromac st all we ever called it was sissys. you could sit in or take out and then go up the street to joes ice cream shop and sit in or take out.great night out when you first started courtin lol.
quae sursum volo videre

floral

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 12:37:45 PM »
in the 60s we had a great chippy in cromac st all we ever called it was sissys. you could sit in or take out and then go up the street to joes ice cream shop and sit in or take out.great night out when you first started courtin lol.

The best chippy I kow is the Captains Table in Glengormley commonly known as Greasy Joes.