Author Topic: Nazareth lodge orphanage in Belfast  (Read 114801 times)

skylark21

Re: Nazareth lodge orphanage in Belfast
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2019, 07:45:46 PM »
The home in the Somerton Road was called Brefne Residential Nursery for babies and young children up to the age of five. I worked there in the seventies and if there is anyone who also worked or lived there I would love to hear from you.

I lived there in the 70's. You probably dont log on here anymore but I figured I'd reply min the hope that you do. Would really love to chat.
Fs

Keyhole66

« Reply #331 on: April 28, 2019, 11:57:15 AM »
I was in st Joseph's kids home 1979-1984 in general the staff were all very good  "except one Martin Murphy" Perv  haven't seen anyone since I left . We used to holiday in ballyhornan "good times"  sister John was in charge of our group if anybody has any memories please let me know

highdreamer

« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2019, 04:28:56 PM »
Anyone in St Joseph's babies home on the raven Hill Road beside  Cherrievale Nazareth Lodge was right beside St Joseph's  between 1989 and 1994.. I have been looking so hard for people from that time as I left when I was 12 was there from the age of 7 my name is Ashline would love to hear from yous and how life has been for yous since then 

JacquelineK3

« Reply #333 on: June 09, 2020, 12:58:40 PM »
Hi Michael, I am searching for a relative Patrick Morris Hegarty or Morris Patrick Hegarty that would have been in St. Joseph's in the 70's would you have known him at all?

JacquelineK3

« Reply #334 on: June 09, 2020, 01:01:49 PM »
Hi, Would you have known anyone by the name of Morris Patrick Hegarty (Could have been Patrick Morris Hegarty) in the 70's when you lived there?

JTohill

« Reply #335 on: July 07, 2020, 01:56:03 PM »
What happened to the Mckittricks/Jordens, Tony Mccormick, Louie Tohill and any of the Staff you worked their?

My father is Louie Tohill. His father was also Louie Tohill. He would have grew up in the care homes around the 70s. Tohills from Grosvenor road.

Mickster

« Reply #336 on: November 03, 2020, 10:56:39 PM »
ME and my sister julieann grew up in there to dont know if u remember us   were there few years funny thing i was just thinking about it last night thought i would look found this site on facebook

Hi Nick, I came across your post there now. I was in Nazareth lodge with you and Julie Ann with my brother's (McEntee family). I have photos here of you and Julie Ann and my brother's taken of us back in the 80's. I hope you see this.
All the best mate!