Author Topic: Ballymurphy  (Read 259132 times)

TINAT

Re: Ballymurphy
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
hi b/m girl i lived in whitecliff crescent from 1950 till 63 my ma and da left about 1968 1 know the lynesses (can,t spell)the first lot lived in no 4 catherine was my friend sadly passed away. there was lenord, jacaleen geordie mrs lyness was seperated from her husband we used to sneak down to smithfield to see him.the others moved into clintens old house i only saw them wheni was on holiday as i moved to wales. sean walsh lived in number 2 ,blakes, parkers,kearnys,loads more i remember but ive nearly writen  :) :)a book!!!!

AL CAPONE

« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2008, 02:50:57 PM »
Anyone know of the Mc Quillans from whitecliff cres?

Mageeka

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2008, 05:27:48 PM »
Hi Murphgirl
Knew the Coogans from Glenalina and Ted and John Smith from the Murph  Did you know the Toners or the Mc Guigans from Christian Place ?  What about The Mc Ardles from Cavendish Street . Did you know them ?

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2008, 05:56:13 PM »
hi, my sister is married to a mcardle but maybe a different family.  they came from  down the falls.  sixtyniner
sixtyniner

Gerri

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2008, 07:04:59 PM »
Hi tobytwo....i remember Eileen Mackin  RI.P.  Eileen went to our school st roses and was in the same year as me but not the same class.  I can still see her clearly to this day, the teachers and nuns were all very fond of Eileen as she had a cheeky/friendly manner. She chumed about with Lucy Kelly. I was one of the many at Eileens funeral from st roses and when i hear the song funeral of a friend by elton john i still to this day think of Eileen Mackin and say a prayer

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2008, 08:28:01 PM »
Hi tinat

Yes i knew both Lynas family but hung about with Eileen ,thats the ones whos mammy was Italian ( at least im sure she was )
I knew Kearneys very well was in same class as Clare ,Also knew Walsh ,what a lovely family they were just cant remember the girls name we were all the same age ,and of course knew the parkers,We didnt move to the Murph till 1962
You been left a long time then
Do you every go back ?
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2008, 08:29:58 PM »
Hi ALcapone yes i knew of the Mc Quillans

Cant really remember thier names though
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2008, 08:31:21 PM »
Yes Mageeka sure did knoe the coogans

Also lovely people

And who would ever forget maggie Toner from Christen place

Yes i remember Maggie

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2008, 08:34:32 PM »
Mageeka i was six when we left Earlscourt street to go to the Murph so sorry i cant remember names
I know Mc Parlands lived there & Kathleen Healy who was Headmistress at St Bernadettes school
I did go to St Catherines first

TINAT

« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2008, 09:45:01 PM »

TINAT

« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2008, 09:50:27 PM »
hi all from ballymurphy i remember the mcquillans the ma was called molly and the daddy was alffie cant re member the kids do u remember the macshanes john, gabrial, tony,and gerry( girl )

TINAT

« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 10:12:57 PM »
hi b/murphygirl there was sean walsh he lived at the top of the street but the others that lived next door to us were anne, briedge,mickycan't re call the others my little sister would remember the younger ones . i went to ballymurphy ithe end of april its not the same dead quiet i called to a house were wee kate rafferty lived but shes living some where in england the woman didn't know where. i left 63 but got home sick i used to go home every 8 to 10 weeks at first thisforum is making me home sick ill have to back soon :(

tobytwo

« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2008, 10:24:39 PM »
Hi tobytwo....i remember Eileen Mackin  RI.P.  Eileen went to our school st roses and was in the same year as me but not the same class.  I can still see her clearly to this day, the teachers and nuns were all very fond of Eileen as she had a cheeky/friendly manner. She chumed about with Lucy Kelly. I was one of the many at Eileens funeral from st roses and when i hear the song funeral of a friend by elton john i still to this day think of Eileen Mackin and say a prayer
Hi Gerri i remember the funeral as well and your right eileen did chum with lucy as a matter of fact lucy was also shot with eileen but thankfully she survived a lot of deathsin them times but thank god ireland is at peace.
never worry about life cause life will look after its-self.

tobytwo

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:53 PM »
Yes i knew the mc Quillans and i went with a girl who lived facing them called ann mc crystal also remember the boyles and canavans also the barkleys and there was two familys of lynas who lived in whitecliff cres.
never worry about life cause life will look after its-self.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2008, 10:37:12 PM »
aye Tobytwo i also remember the name Barkleys and i knew Bernie Mc Crystal ,also Both Lynas family,s

I knew more though in White cliff parade