Author Topic: Ballymurphy  (Read 256251 times)

Ballymurphygirl

Re: Ballymurphy
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2008, 09:08:01 PM »
Hi Live in Derby ,not a bad place .I have four daughters the eldest is 31,had 4 in 3 and half years then wised up lol.I have 3 grandsons which is great.All my daughters have done well thankgod .I ,d hate to bring kids uo in these days but then i suppose its how thier brought up eh.I work in the local hospital & have done for 18yrs wouldnt work anywhere else.I am the ward receptionist on a cardio ward & love it.Am not a follower of football myself but hope Tyrone did well. Did you go to St Roses ?
The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

bhelena

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2008, 11:04:18 PM »
Hi Live in Derby ,not a bad place .I have four daughters the eldest is 31,had 4 in 3 and half years then wised up lol.I have 3 grandsons which is great.All my daughters have done well thankgod .I ,d hate to bring kids uo in these days but then i suppose its how thier brought up eh.I work in the local hospital & have done for 18yrs wouldnt work anywhere else.I am the ward receptionist on a cardio ward & love it.Am not a follower of football myself but hope Tyrone did well. Did you go to St Roses ?
Tyrone murdered theDubs   to Tyrone score 3-14    Dubs 1-8 mind you my 2kids are devestated but there is allways next year,my daughter is 29yrs and my baby is 21yrs this year past where does the time go :)well i have not worked since the80s Iwas on dialysis for 10yrs and I got a transplant 3yrs ago so it was touch ango for awhile but I came out the other end and making up for lost time.I went to St Teresas on the glen rd.do you know it  

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2008, 11:20:09 PM »
I know what you mean about time passing ,though it seems like only yesterday my kids all toddlers, god you been through a lot girl , thankgod you come through it & to bring up children as well.I guess you find the strengh from somewere.

Aye i know where St Theresa,s is you lived in Turf Lodge then .I remember the time it was being build .had family live in the flats there then when troubles started my aunt took her family to Sheffield to live all those years ago .

Its odd i,ve spent all these years away & now im getting homesick again though in this day & age its so much easier to be able to travel back , im very lucky in the fact that i,ve had good health lifes been not easy but i.ve not had to cope woth that for myself

The truth will set you free . I support Ballymurphy & Derry families Justice for the innocent

bhelena

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 11:49:38 PM »
I know what you mean about time passing ,though it seems like only yesterday my kids all toddlers, god you been through a lot girl , thankgod you come through it & to bring up children as well.I guess you find the strengh from somewere.

Aye i know where St Theresa,s is you lived in Turf Lodge then .I remember the time it was being build .had family live in the flats there then when troubles started my aunt took her family to Sheffield to live all those years ago .

Its odd i,ve spent all these years away & now im getting homesick again though in this day & age its so much easier to be able to travel back , im very lucky in the fact that i,ve had good health lifes been not easy but i.ve not had to cope woth that for myself

Ilived up the Glen rd all the years that I was in school and loved every moment of it we moved out in 1968 the family all went their own way after my Mom died it was asad time for all of us.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2008, 12:02:24 AM »
Ack same here mammy died 1973 all the family seemed to drift apart

Such is life eh

bhelena

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 12:10:10 AM »
Ack same here mammy died 1973 all the family seemed to drift apart

Such is life eh
did you live long in Ballymurphy

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2008, 02:51:55 PM »
Aye lived down Falls moved to Murph 1962 til i left home

bhelena

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2008, 02:56:01 PM »
Aye lived down Falls moved to Murph 1962 til i left home
I was born down the Falls then we got a house up yhe Glen rd was there untill 68 I think? then lived in Larne nevrer settled untill we came to Dublin in 73 ...

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »
Small world eh

Mammy from pound loney ,dad from lower clonard st but we lived earlscourt st then up the road.Small world indeed

rocky1

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2008, 09:06:27 PM »
Hi all My sister was personnel manager of Ross mill until it closed a few years back.Her name Shirley kelly. The mill has been turned into blocks of apartments now AND WAS LAST OF THE MILLS TO CLOSE IN THE BELFAST AREA.

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 09:21:13 PM »
Hi Rocky ,been a long time since i worked there .was a great place to work in but very hard going

Aye i knew it had closed as a mill

Am sure your sister got some good memories of those days

bhelena

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »
Hi all My sister was personnel manager of Ross mill until it closed a few years back.Her name Shirley kelly. The mill has been turned into blocks of apartments now AND WAS LAST OF THE MILLS TO CLOSE IN THE BELFAST AREA.
Hi rocky did your sister go to St Teresas on the Glen rd..

rocky1

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 07:16:30 PM »
Not sure but she may have as we came from the Whiterock and St Teresas was one of the local schools.

Liz51

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 08:08:14 PM »
Hi Rocky ,been a long time since i worked there .was a great place to work in but very hard going

Aye i knew it had closed as a mill

Am sure your sister got some good memories of those days
hi ballimurphygirl i worked at the blackstaff first when i left school , went to london ,then home again to the blackstaff the salt of the earth worked in the mills seen ross's before it was converted were did your mammy come from in the loney my family from the loney

Ballymurphygirl

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
Hi Rathbone did you spend many years there then?

Christen Place

And yours