Author Topic: INFO ON MOLLY SEATON  (Read 2736 times)

delane

INFO ON MOLLY SEATON
« on: August 14, 2008, 10:52:11 AM »
MOLLY SEATON, from greencastle. worked at [upper corgery rd] spinning mill , a doffing mistress, late 40,s & 50,s. she worked with my father,[jackie] & were drinking partner,s with my great grand father,solider mullan.please help with any info. many-thank,s,...delane...
the older you get the worse you get..

northstar

Re: INFO ON MOLLY SEATON
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:13:35 PM »
Big Molly,used to drop into our house every now and then,she was agood friend of my mother,yes she was adoffing mistress top off the Mill road,larger than life, big booming voice,once give my older brother ablack eye,for messing around at work,there is aphoto some where of Molly with women Irish football team she was the captain,I,d hate to be the one to tackle her. I was only awee boy the last time I seen her  hope this helps

delane

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:23:07 PM »
hi ya, northstar, if molly was the captain, do u have a photo or would it have in the local paper,s,etc, how old was molly, do u know were she was buried? i feel  like a [detective] a am so sorry. i take my dad to belfast every-year to look around & c family, & for my dad to c were molly was buried as he is not getting any younger to. i am greatful 4 any info. all the best,..delane..

BOUTYIZ

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 06:52:47 PM »
MOLLY SEATON RINGS A BELL, both my parents worked at the mill and i must have heard the name and it stuck.. my da was joe shields, my granny shields lived behind our lady's acre on longlands... my ma was maureen gilmurray from whitewell crescent. ma & da and my sister terry are all buried in our lady's acre (R.I.P)

delane

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »
hi, boutyiz, if u go to belfast chat, page 4. i have alot more info on molly seaton, all the best. delane.

BOUTYIZ

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 03:12:48 PM »
thanks for that delane...you people are all sooo nice

york street st lily

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 01:37:21 PM »
My da is Joe Wilson from Greencastle , He grew up with Molly.

delane

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »
hello,lily, if you go to [belfast chat page 9] on the forum, you will see molly in her in the 1920,s playing football,..molly was in charge of my pop at the mills, back in the 50,s...there is lots of comments from people on the forum who knew molly well,..ok.....enjoy....all the best,...delane..