Author Topic: Metal Detecting Club in Newtownabbey  (Read 16104 times)

anderson

Re: Metal Detecting Club in Newtownabbey
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 10:03:55 PM »
Hi Christopher,

3 members are from the South and they travel every other weekend and would also like to know the answer to this question.  If you find out anything please let me know.  A bit unfair having to come this distance but if they could get a club in their own area they would save a lot of travel time.

Cheers

Colin

Christopher

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 12:43:09 AM »
Hi Colin,

Metal Detecting Ireland is the country's first (un)oficial club.

www.md-ireland.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1&Itemid=29

Have you any members from Fermanagh? There's a store in Enniskillen which sells a good range of detectors. There must be quite amount of items to be found in that county.

Christopher

anderson

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »
Hi Christopher,

Thanks again for that, I will pass this on.  Please could you tell me what is the name of the metal detecting shop in Enniskillen as this would be a great help to the club and its members rather than having to send to the Mainland everytime we want something.  Cheers.
Colin

Felix

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »
Hi Christopher,

Thanks again for that, I will pass this on.  Please could you tell me what is the name of the metal detecting shop in Enniskillen as this would be a great help to the club and its members rather than having to send to the Mainland everytime we want something.  Cheers.
Colin

Hi all & Colin, I enjoyed our first meeting yesterday and thanks,
things are really starting to look up, (or down as the case may be)  ;)

My father in law (shotgunman) mentioned Re: an Enniskillen outdoor shop
that sells MDs for which I believe Christopher is referring to:

http://www.homefieldandstream.com/index.php

Catch you later

Derek

Christopher

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 01:09:57 PM »
Hi Christopher,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Home, Field and Stream, 18-20, Church Street, Enniskillen.

They do have a website too. Good man Derek O0

Colin, a post on the Sports and Leisure board of www.enniskillen.com might get guys in Fermanagh with an interest in metal detecting. 

Christopher

Felix

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 01:45:59 PM »
Hi Colin,

Home, Field and Stream, 18-20, Church Street, Enniskillen.

They do have a website too. Good man Derek O0

Colin, a post on the Sports and Leisure board of www.enniskillen.com might get guys in Fermanagh with an interest in metal detecting. 

Christopher

Cheers Christopher O0

On first appearence though they appear to specialize in only one make, C.Scope..
A trip to Enniskillen on Monday will be needed to confirm. There is a good selection of outdoor clothing there too (I must remember my credit card)

Another good site on the hobby that I found with lots of links is:

http://www.ourpasthistory.com/metal/
 O0

Redditch

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2011, 02:17:42 PM »
Hi, was just looking through having recently moved back to NI (Been gone since 73, travelling the world), and there didnīt appear to be an answer regarding if you need a permit to detect beaches ? Iīm interested detecting the beaches of Benone, Castlerock, Portrush, Portstuart etc.
Looking forward to a reply

Ray

Bugsy

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 07:03:08 AM »
Is the Club still going?

david123

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 12:21:04 PM »
I'd like to know if the club is still current too, and if they're still accepting new members.
I am He as You are He as You are Me and We are All Together

Bally900

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 04:51:30 PM »
Is this club still going?

GOVINDA

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2012, 11:00:50 PM »
Hi, also looking for a club or advice, I'm in Ballymena, pm me, thanks.

Chloecray

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 08:06:04 AM »
Glad to find here people of the same interest. I use a metal gold detector and search old abandoned home steads,crop fields,public parks and beaches in hopes of uncovering some long lost piece of the past.

For me it's not about the gold,silver and other riches....it's about the rush I get when I uncover something that has been lost for years and knowing that I am holding something that at one time was held by the people who helped form this great nation...whether it be a lost piece of military history or a personal item of a man or woman who remembers what it was like when you had to actually had to put effort into day to day living. detectorall.com

Dommo

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 02:26:17 PM »
Is it the Norn IRON metal detecting Club?  hope you have some decent weather soon Colin....I would be interested if I was over there O0
That was a cracker! :D
if yer gonna act the chivo, beware the chupacabra

Watsy

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2013, 10:44:21 PM »
Started doing a bit of detecting fairly recently and usually head out with a mate from work. I love it, best find so far has been a Ģ1 coin although I have found a few of them.  :)  Get a real laugh too at some of the junk wee dig up too from bbq grilles to a steel toe cap boot recently. Aye and no more littering folks when you're at the beach, take your WKD bottle tops and Tunnock tea cake wrappers home with you, I've dug some load of them up.  ::)