Author Topic: Ballygomartin Secondary: Who was always sayin' "it's no skin off my nose"?  (Read 65970 times)

Fatneck

Re: Ballygomartin Secondary: Who was always sayin' "it's no skin off my nose"?
« Reply #270 on: November 08, 2015, 06:07:05 PM »
Woodwork Teachers, Wee Willy Williamson
one of the best teachers in the school Hendy O0 a first class bloke O0

Herbie Johnston taught me woodwork and McAllister Intyre taught me Tech Drawing. Bill Bailie taught Maths and Linda Cooper taught English. Lovely Lady. Mr Bingham introduced me to a life of Rugby and athletics and Mary Montgomery taught Biology as did Valerie Bennett. Another lovely lady for a different reason LOL.
Jim Elder.

jimbov

THERE IS A NEW BALLYGO GROUP ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148886155141871/
"The problem with you, son, is that all your brains are in your head" ( Shanks )

Bellevuelooker

I remember Ken well, think I was in 2nd year with him (2G3)? He was certainly the best farter, real or hand I ever heard. He would sent the teachers mental with his antics. Haven't seen or heard of Ken for donkeys years. He lived in Haddow Street which I think joined Bellvue and Sugarfield Streets at the Cupar Street end.

I remember a strange wee teacher at Ballygo who had the nickname of `Beatnic`I think he taught arts and crafts or something like that. He was a weird looking wee man and had a wee squeaky voice. I think he got the occasional punch in the gub for his troubles.
Ken shaw was a bully where he lived. He enjoyed picking on wee kids who couldn't stand up to him. He was a nasty piece of work. Hope he never got on.
😎🍭🥃

Lobsters

Wee Logie became my nemesis. Pulled the 'trigger' that lead me to get put on school probation.

Bellevuelooker

Where you one of nasty Kenneth Shaws followers??  Did u see him doing his despicable wee kid tormenting??
😎🍭🥃

JackM

Who is Kenneth Shaw. Was he a Teacher ?
Justice for the Massacred of La Mon and other atrocities.  The TRUTH will set them FREE.
Justice for the RUC and British Army. Support Soldier F

Bellevuelooker

Kenneth Shaw may have emigrated.   Hope the [censored] got his come uppance where ever he ended up.   His behaviour reflected on how ballygo taught.
😎🍭🥃

Bellevuelooker

Reading back again, perhaps Kenneth Shaw was radicalized by the sadistic teaching staff at ballygo??!!
😎🍭🥃

jjmack

« Reply #278 on: November 03, 2018, 09:15:32 PM »
Kenneth Shaw may have emigrated.   Hope the [censored] got his come uppance where ever he ended up.   His behaviour reflected on how ballygo taught.

Apparently he did get his comeuppance as you say. According to my nephew  who still lives in the Shankill and lived at the bottom end of Sugarfield Street, Ken Shaw died in a car crash around 1980. Hope that satisfies your curiosity.   ::)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

Bellevuelooker

« Reply #279 on: February 06, 2019, 07:08:40 AM »
Just heard the other day a name, John Potts, a thick big time ballygo ugly kid who tried to bully and terrorise . Remember him as a dimwit smoker who always stank of players no6 fags! Seems petty crime may have been his downfall?          What a wally!!
😎🍭🥃

Billy Mcc

I was in the first form 64/65 and was in 1P , Harry Wilson was the Form Teacher, don't remember a 1G2 but I was in 2G2 the second year.
Hi Hendy, we went through all the G2 classes together. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, do you ever have any reunions?Regards.
Billy Mcc