Author Topic: calling all musicians  (Read 4217 times)

jammer1

calling all musicians
« on: August 17, 2008, 12:21:17 PM »
are there any musicians out there who would be interested in an informal jamin session on monday nights, at the moment. at the moment there are six of us who meet once a week and have a good nights craic, but more would be certainly welcome, i play the guitar myself, but wotever instrument you play you would be very welcome, variety being the spice of life and all that. so if your interested give me a shout.  cheers.   Geraldine   O0

Christopher

Re: calling all musicians
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 12:09:25 AM »
Hi Geraldine,

Where do you meet ???

Are any of you on MySpace ???

Christopher

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 03:05:41 AM »
are there any musicians out there who would be interested in an informal jamin session on monday nights, at the moment. at the moment there are six of us who meet once a week and have a good nights craic, but more would be certainly welcome, i play the guitar myself, but wotever instrument you play you would be very welcome, variety being the spice of life and all that. so if your interested give me a shout.  cheers.   Geraldine   O0

Hello Geraldine,

Where are you meeting ??? Have you increased the size of the group ???

www.fastfude.org or Belfast Gumtree are probably a better sites on which to post messages if you wish replies from musicians living in Belfast. The other way to make contact appears to be to visit the various Acoustic Sessions that take place around the town.

Christopher

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 04:08:18 PM »
Hello Geraldine,

How are you getting on with the informal Monday night jamming sessions ???

Christopher

machinehead

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:12:16 PM »
Hello Geraldine,

How are you getting on with the informal Monday night jamming sessions ???

Christopher

I'd like to know as well. Might be interested in going.
 :)

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:56:56 PM »
Hi machinehead,

It looks as though Geraldine has vanished :( Her one and only post was in August :(

Jamming sessions are great fun ... both for the musicians and members of the audience. I'm wondering if public sessions couldn't take place in community centres or leisure centres ... when they take place in a pub that restricts the sessions to those who are old enough to be in licenced premises. I'm certain younger musicians could gain a lot by playing with an older age group. Accordion bands, brass bands and the like don't practice in pubs so why should jamming sessions normally take place in a pub?

Christopher

machinehead

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 10:55:50 PM »
Good points Christopher.

I've been invited to a jam session in some club in Holywood but I probably won't go until after Christmas.

Ramie

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 11:26:15 PM »
Hello Folks.....sorry in replying to an old thread but I was wondering if there are still a few who would be interested in possibly getting together to play a few tunes for the craic and see where it goes....not sure of a venue but I would appreciate some feedback before deciding that.

I have been playing acoustic guitar for a couple of years and love the buzz..I have performed in a gig only once :( but would love to get together for the experience and to learn from better players. This may not be an open thread so I will post as a new thread as well and hopefully get a response.

Thanks in advance
Ramie

Nilights

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 04:18:05 PM »
Just on the topic, Our new site indexes Northern Ireland musicians, if any one is looking a musician, then are site is a good place to go..

If your a musician, let us promote you free.. @nilights

Northern Ireland Talent and Venue Promoters
Filmmakers, Venues, Musicians, Singers, Dancers, Authors, Artists, Photographers & Djs
www.nilights.info