Author Topic: Ancestry Lookups  (Read 35762 times)

Shakti677

Re: Ancestry Lookups
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »
Hello could you look up Matthew Ware and Mary Callaghan Ware 1871 Cencus Irelan Scotland thank you very much  :)

bnezzy

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 07:23:40 PM »
shakti677, I have sent you a PM   Bill

Shakti677

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »
Bill Thank you so much  .wrong family   O0. .What i do know is they lived at one time in Portadown Lurgan and Greenock Scotland  .Cheers

Shakti677

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 12:48:25 AM »
Bill could you see if ther is any nfo on Owen Callaghan or Bridget Callaghan   :)IN THE 1861 CENSUS IN Ireland or any year below or over Thank you

jp08

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 01:25:30 AM »
Bill could you see if ther is any nfo on Owen Callaghan or Bridget Callaghan   :)IN THE 1861 CENSUS IN Ireland or any year below or over Thank you

Where is he going to get the 1861 Irish census from? He'd need a time machine and if he has that he might as well just go back and ask the people in question  :)  Even if it still existed in any form there'd be quite a few Owen Callaghans I'd imagine.

Shakti677

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 08:03:25 AM »
Callaghan`s may have came from Ballamaycarratt or Portadown Lurgan  ..Thanks again.
And to reply to the post above  .Have a nice day  :)

teap

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
Where is he going to get the 1861 Irish census from? He'd need a time machine and if he has that he might as well just go back and ask the people in question  :)  Even if it still existed in any form there'd be quite a few Owen Callaghans I'd imagine.

Do you always have to be so sarcastic and rude?

teap

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 11:07:51 AM »

Hi shakti here is a wee bit of info from the public record office

1851 - Taken on 30th March, this government census followed the format of 1841 but added a column for religious affiliation. Returns for many of the parishes in Co. Antrim remain and are available in the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (MIC/5A/11-26). A searchable database of the Co. Antrim census data is available here. There are also individual census returns for various other parts of the province in the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (MIC/15A).

1841 and 1851 - With the introduction of the old age pension in the early twentieth century government officials used the 1841 and 1851 census returns to prove the age of the claimant. Abstracts from these searches have survived and include the name of the claimant, his or her parents' names, the townland, parish, barony and county, age at the time of claim and age at the time of the relevant census return. The forms giving the results of the searches have survived and are available in the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland (T/550 and MIC/15A).

1861, 1871, 1881 and 1891 - These census returns were destroyed by government order.

Colette

Shakti677

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2008, 12:01:58 PM »
Hi Colette thanks for the info  ..

jp08

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2008, 12:58:53 PM »
Do you always have to be so sarcastic and rude?

There was a  smiley ;)

Anyhow, why request a lookup specifically for a census that no longer exists in any significant form? If you read the start of this thread (Ancestry lookups) it makes clear that Ancestry doesn't have significant Irish records in any case.

Then asking to find a person like John Murphy without any additional clues is asking the impossible!

If you want other people to do your research for you, you should at least do some basic homework, know what information is available and be very specific about what you want.  I would rather help someone that has at least made some effort over someone that hasn't.

bnezzy

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »
When I started Family research, a number of years ago, I was chastised a number of times for asking silly questions, not all researchers know all the ways and and methods of research. A number of very kind people helped me progress, something I have always been very grateful for, and I would like to think I will help ALL as those kind individuals showed me the way. We have to remember not all are experts, and many experts don't know everything. The site has a number of strong characters that may put off genuine people from joining us, We not only need information we also need to help each other. I would like to see a web site were all the info we collate would be freely available to the forum members, and not held by an organisation that profits from, what is basically our own family history.

I rarely am serious and I promise it will be a long time before I feel the need to be serious again "I Hope"

Shakti677

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2008, 07:13:50 PM »
Hi   .well Bill I was over in Portadown Lurgan last year ...what a lovely wee place  .have put 3 articles in Irish papers and not had any feed back which was not cheap  .and have been on many ancestor sites Spoke to David from Emerald Ancestors ...who was so helpful  .and a lovely man ...it has been a long and drawn out Journey  .but i am sure someone out there will come along one day and will be connected to my family Ware/Weir Callaghan  .I am sure of that  .yes we all start somwhere and it is all money oriantated  .so glad i found Belfast Forum as it has so many interesting articles and people
so i would like to thank you once again for your kind offer.....if there wee more people like the  people on this site the world would be a better place  ...Kind Regards Mary

bnezzy

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2008, 08:31:59 PM »
each year they release more information, I will keep looking for you, eventually we will solve all the mysteries

kptz

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
I have hit a brickwall.

If you still are available for look-up on Ancestry, I am looking for birth information for my GGF and GGM.  On the 1901 census, in County Down the information is

John CARROLL    tailor    age   35   RC     born Belfast       
                (died 17 Aug 1904, buried Milltown- I have death cert)

Maria CARROLL   wife     age   35   RC     born England
                (died 1 Feb 1939, probably buried Milltown-I have death cert)

They were married in 1888, age listed as full.  Father's name for John is THOMAS.  Father's name for Maria is WILLIAM.  It is possible Maria was born in Manchester, England.  Her family did live in Ireland and spent time in Dromora; she does have a brother David.

I appreciate your time and help.

thank you, kptz
kptz

sadowds

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2008, 05:53:07 AM »
Record Type   Civil Birth
Date of Birth   25 Jun 1870
Name   John CARROLL
Gender   M
Fathers Name   Thomas CARROLL
Mothers Forenames   Bridget