Author Topic: oldpark road torrens rd the bone  (Read 1361462 times)

welder

Re: oldpark road torrens rd the bone
« Reply #10365 on: June 17, 2018, 04:20:41 PM »

Does anyone know anything about the C of I Trinity Church with Silas and Immanuel

Grandparents married there
If the fates decree you're going to lose give them a damn good fight...

alexander1213

« Reply #10366 on: July 15, 2018, 12:18:29 PM »
Maybe this needs a new thread?   Defo.   Nothing happening here!   Am very fond of the Oldpark Road ... well, I was 50 years ago.

parkie

« Reply #10367 on: July 15, 2018, 02:18:06 PM »
Maybe this needs a new thread?   Defo.   Nothing happening here!   Am very fond of the Oldpark Road ... well, I was 50 years ago.
Alexander1213 then why  don’t you make something happen & post on this thread? :o

alexander1213

« Reply #10368 on: July 22, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »
Oh Cripes.   I really am lost.   It's taken me 15 minutes to work out how to answer this!   I am PC dumb!   Internet stupid.   But let me think.   Maybe we can get a thread going.   Remember the Park cinema?   My mum used to work there.   When my dad was courting her they used to get one of those Cadbury's chocolate tins that made a chocolate drink.  Then they would sit with a spoon and eat it!   Can't do that now.   I tried.   Horrible.   Not chocolate at all ... a mixture of cocoa and powdered milk.   Yuk!!

parkie

« Reply #10369 on: July 24, 2018, 03:39:25 PM »
Oh Cripes.   I really am lost.   It's taken me 15 minutes to work out how to answer this!   I am PC dumb!   Internet stupid.   But let me think.   Maybe we can get a thread going.   Remember the Park cinema?   My mum used to work there.   When my dad was courting her they used to get one of those Cadbury's chocolate tins that made a chocolate drink.  Then they would sit with a spoon and eat it!   Can't do that now.   I tried.   Horrible.   Not chocolate at all ... a mixture of cocoa and powdered milk.   Yuk!!
hi alexander1213 i remember the park cinema i used to go mostly on sats to the matinee. don't really remember much about the films i saw but in my mind it was always cowboys & indians & of course the indians always lost :D  i also remember it was always very rowdy

Jimmy mac

« Reply #10370 on: October 04, 2018, 08:09:33 PM »
Alexander 1213 good on You I loved it I came from  Torrens Rd and always loved it the people where great so keep the memory by the way I started this oldpark road torrens rd the bone but it was under Jimbo so keep up the I love The Oldpark 

Jimmy mac

« Reply #10371 on: October 07, 2018, 11:20:11 PM »
Hi honor just looking at some of the comments I see Hugh was you dad I no them when was young I done the windows with your dad and your uncle Alex would carry me on is shoulders when they played football granny and my Mum where the best of friends  by the way mrs Walker lived in the first house in Heathfield Drive it was nice to here from Hugh family. Jimmy mac

alexander1213

« Reply #10372 on: November 01, 2018, 07:44:19 PM »
Many thanks for your reply Jimmy mac.   First house in Heathfield Drive belonged to my aunt Jean and uncle Joe (Allen), unless i'm gettin addresses mixed up.   My Uncle Jim lived a bit further up, and then my Granny (Kernaghan) and uncle Alex and Olive after Granny died.   I always loved the Oldpark, and even as a kid felt totally safe down there.   Things changed with the Troubles of course.   The Park cinema became a favourite spot of mine, and I was still going to it regularly up to my early twenties.

Jimmy mac

« Reply #10373 on: November 01, 2018, 08:57:12 PM »
How Alexander1213 my sister lived next door to the allens Rene peoples by the way your uncle lived down beside me  in newmossley glengormley I don't no your age bracket but I am in my eighties and at the time everboy new each other in Torrens did you live in Torrens yocan let me know I will sign of now by

simonjm

« Reply #10374 on: December 25, 2018, 11:36:06 PM »
Does anyone remember Victor Cushley who was a mattress maker and lived in Byron Place. The Cushley's were a big family and some were coal men? Also Lena Murphy of Alloa Street they were friends in the 1950s, and went to dances (ballroom dances?) in the Hall just off the Old Park Road. My Mum Joan used to live in Alloa Street too, next to the Fusco's :)

Mooreso77

« Reply #10375 on: May 08, 2020, 10:21:11 PM »
Hi To everyone & a merry Christmas to all , My name is Mark Carlyon  born in Clitheroe 1966 I now live in Australia since 1970,  I am only new to this forum and only came across this a few days ago.
I have been looking for any relatives still in Belfast where my mother and grand parents lived . My mothers maiden name was Annie Johnston and lived in Mountview street Born 9Th October 1942.
I know she had sisters called Margret , Doreen and Eta , and a Brother named Peter. there the only ones I can remember. Would any body know any of my relatives, as I have seen a few Johnston`s
mentioned on this subject . Would love to hear back if any one can help.    Thanks, Mark
http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/Smileys/excellent/scratch_ones_head.gif
. Hi mark, I believe that we are cousins, my name is also Mark. I am doreen Johnson son. Would really like to hear back from you. Thanks...

Mooreso77

« Reply #10376 on: May 08, 2020, 10:28:08 PM »
great photo of your mum and dads big day i am in the photo just in front of granda johnston my brother billy second left i think eta is brids maid but i cant see doreen my two girls ar haveing a good laught at photo
. Hello there, I think we may be related, my mother's madien name was doreen Johnson twin sister of eta. It would be great to hear back from you. Thanks

Johnjoemoore

« Reply #10377 on: May 09, 2020, 11:23:34 AM »
Is doreen ad eta in the school photo in page 134 curious as doreen is my mum

markc

« Reply #10378 on: May 10, 2020, 06:13:15 AM »
. Hi mark, I believe that we are cousins, my name is also Mark. I am doreen Johnson son. Would really like to hear back from you. Thanks...

Hi Mark , it is great to hear from you if we are cousins , I found this forum a few years ago and seen the Johnson name a few times. As Mum came from a large family I was sure
there would be quite a few cousins still in the Belfast area. I have had a reply from Marcus and confirmed we are cousins. Are you still in Belfast? I visited Ireland late last year and spent
a few days in Belfast looking around and went to Mountview street ,it looks like my Grandparents and mothers old house hasn't been there for quit a few years.  Would you know of any other relatives? Would be great to hear back from you.
Regards Mark.

Mooreso77

« Reply #10379 on: May 10, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
Hi Mark , it is great to hear from you if we are cousins , I found this forum a few years ago and seen the Johnson name a few times. As Mum came from a large family I was sure
there would be quite a few cousins still in the Belfast area. I have had a reply from Marcus and confirmed we are cousins. Are you still in Belfast? I visited Ireland late last year and spent
a few days in Belfast looking around and went to Mountview street ,it looks like my Grandparents and mothers old house hasn't been there for quit a few years.  Would you know of any other relatives? Would be great to hear back from you.
Regards Mark.. Hi Mark, I'm sorry for this short reply, but I wanted to let you know if you don't already that our cousin helen that lives in Australia passed away yesterday.  😔.. I will get back in contact with you shortly.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy