Author Topic: shore rd  (Read 25294 times)

melv

Re: shore rd
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 04:22:34 PM »
Sam I have one of them in my back garden ;D how did they manage :o

i know Paul, little more than a tin hut ;D ;D. sam

C.O.Y.S.

slan

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 04:59:53 AM »
I lived in the prefabs up until they were demolished in 1966. They were made of asbestos, and we used to break it up with bricks or play about with it in the lofts. Most of the early residents of Springhill took the fridges with them when they moved up there.

mmcgoverne

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 04:54:41 PM »
hi richard, do you rem mclowes paper shop? ,and the jamesons, they used to have an old garage ,one of the brothers was always in trouble with police, thats back in the 60s,

Hello, just joined as I'm looking for pictures/info - I am one of those Jamisons! (With an "I" please!)

I lived at 265-269 Shore Road between about 1972 to 1975/6, my father was Frederick ian, my grandfather was (Charles) Frederieck, and yes more than one of the Jamisons was known to the peelers I'm sure!

I would love any information or pictures from that period - my dad died in 1984, and my mum wasn't able to bring lots of our old pictures when we moved - I am also researching our fmaily tree, so any stories, pics or infor most gratefully received!

PS Does anyone remember the McCloys sweetie shop just up from the garage at 269 Shore Road?

Kind regards Margaret McGoverne (nee Jamison)
Looking for info re the Jamisons @ garage 265-269 Shore Rd 1950s-70s
Fred & Eliza, Ian, Clifford (Caesar) Stanley, Ken, Harold, Winnie, Phyllis, Hilda

harrydunn

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 11:17:15 AM »
There are still lots of these old bungalows around with people still living in them, one site in Monkstown another in Carrickfergus I know of.

mmcgoverne

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 01:52:08 PM »
Re the bungalows on Shore Road, my mum's family lived there in the 60's - the Conways - Harry and Margaret (Red) and three daughters - Margaret, Isabell and Jennifer. My mum had a stroke in 1976 but she says she remembers the Pattersons, the Corrs, the Brannocks, Quinns, Creightons and of course the Jamisons!

If you want to see some moving pictures of the bungalows, there's a DVD called Trolleybus days in Belfast - it's 6.47 from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trolleybus-Days-in-Belfast-DVD/dp/B0015083WQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236692936&sr=1-1

I bought it for my mum and there's some great shots along Shore Road and going past the bungalows.

Re the families, does anyone recall the Conways or other families - I know Doris Corr still lives on Mount Vernon with her husband, and her sister Margaret I believe sadly died a few years ago.

Margaret x
Looking for info re the Jamisons @ garage 265-269 Shore Rd 1950s-70s
Fred & Eliza, Ian, Clifford (Caesar) Stanley, Ken, Harold, Winnie, Phyllis, Hilda

floral

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2009, 08:59:42 PM »
tates row does ring a bell but not that sure of it

Tates Row was further up the Shore Road where St Marys Nursery School is now

floral

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2009, 09:02:03 PM »
I lived in the prefabs up until they were demolished in 1966. They were made of asbestos, and we used to break it up with bricks or play about with it in the lofts. Most of the early residents of Springhill took the fridges with them when they moved up there.

I went to Greencastle School with the Holland Corr, Flanagan, Holmes, Brennan. Tate,Excuse only new today to Forum

Bread Basket

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2009, 10:28:57 PM »
I went to St Joseph's school on the shore road....a boy in my class lived in Arosa Parade. .his father was a German. ..."Lottery" was their surname

Bread Basket

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 06:36:53 PM »
i was born on the shore rd in 1957,in the old prefabs or bunglaows does anyone recall them ?,they used to burst into flames for no reason ,the place was alive with rats ,as it backed onto the tip head .i know now that the motorway runs over the area .
Hi Robert, you can't see too much of the prefabs  .you might even be one of the kids in the pic.

robertc1

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »
Hi Robert, you can't see too much of the prefabs  .you might even be one of the kids in the pic.

hiya cant see what ypu wrote to me the pic is covering the words ,thats a great pic brings back some mems for me the pic tells what the prefabs were tho

irish dance

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »
I went to St Joseph's school on the shore road....a boy in my class lived in Arosa Parade. .his father was a German. ..."Lottery" was their surname
Did you know my cousin Seamus Murphy, he also went to St. Joseph's School on the Shore Road

Bread Basket

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 12:51:11 AM »
Did you know my cousin Seamus Murphy, he also went to St. Joseph's School on the Shore Road
from Fleet St?

delane

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 05:00:22 PM »
hi,guys, this is off main track alittle,. did anyone remember maureen meek, from whitla st way, sorry....cheers,...delane..
the older you get the worse you get..

cazste

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »
Hi, I was born on the Shore Road in 1959 next to the prefabs at 125 Shore Road. My dad was Tommy McTernaghan and my mum was Lizzie Fee. We lived with my granny who was called Catherine (Cassie) Mehaffey (nee Boyd). My dad worked accross the road at Barbours Mill all his life. Does anyone know any of my family?

robertc1

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 05:57:40 PM »
Hi i was born on the Shore rd , in the prefabs, downview area late 1950s til early 60s Creighton family , ring any bells for you ?