Author Topic: Property Prices in Belfast  (Read 28460 times)

Mageeka

Re: Property Prices in Belfast
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2008, 09:40:25 PM »
I bet that child is spoiled already Stewie  

stewie

« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2008, 09:43:43 PM »
I bet that child is spoiled already Stewie  
you bet correctly mate :)

Mageeka

« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2008, 12:48:19 AM »
you bet correctly mate :)

Jeez Stewie I can only imagine Christmas in your house :) :)

sj

« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2008, 03:13:05 AM »
M ...House prices here are holding well but people only have so much money. .I transferred my wife superannuation ( pension) fund some 8 months ago into cash deposits and bank shares ( well known high St banks) but even that fund has been effected by the world economic downturn.   At least she isn't losing lots .
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Mageeka

« Reply #214 on: August 01, 2008, 02:17:47 PM »
The US jobless has just risen to 5.7 %  Highest in four years  This is turn will cause more foreclosures

EllCee

« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2008, 02:32:25 PM »
The US jobless has just risen to 5.7 %  Highest in four years  This is turn will cause more foreclosures

Irish unemployment hits 9-year high
The Associated Press
Published: July 30, 2008

DUBLIN: Ireland's unemployment rate has hit a 9-year high of 5.9 percent, government statisticians reported Wednesday, as economists warned that layoffs were spreading quickly from construction to most parts of the economy.

The Central Statistics Office said a growing proportion of people who had lost their jobs recently were women, showing that the jobs market was suffering well beyond Ireland's male-dominated construction sites.

The rise from June's rate of 5.7 percent has put Irish unemployment at a level last reached in March 1999 - and economists warned it was only going to get worse.

Fergal O'Brien, senior economist at the Irish Business and Employers Confederation representing 7,000 companies and firms nationwide, said Ireland's number of failed jobseekers has grown nearly 40 percent in the past year - a pace last experienced in 1975.

"It is clear that a wide range of sectors in the economy are now being affected by the international credit crunch and the domestic housing slowdown," O'Brien said.

Alan McQuaid, senior economist at Bloxham Stockbrokers in Dublin, forecast that unemployment would reach at least 6.6 percent by the end of the year.

Leo Varadkar, employment spokesman for the main opposition Fine Gael party, called the rapid rise in joblessness shocking.

"These figures would be much worse were it not for the large number of immigrants who are leaving the country," Varadkar said, referring to anecdotal reports that thousands of Eastern Europeans - who flooded into Ireland when the European Union expanded in 2004 - were heading back because job opportunities were drying up.

In the latest sign of how Ireland's 1994-2006 Celtic Tiger economy has skidded off the road, one of Ireland's most prominent car dealerships, Maxwell Motors on the posh south side of Dublin, announced Tuesday it was laying off more than half its staff and dumping its BMW franchise.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/30/business/30irish.php
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Mrs Timberlake

« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »

Hope so Stewie even though I want that cottage   I was looking at the 4 sale signs in the streets of the Falls and I have never seen so many in my life   Are there few buyers or can the buyers just not able to get the mortgages ?

The amount of banks offering 90-100 per cent mortgages has fallen radically.  Due to the credit crunch, lenders are now mostly only offering mortgages at 80% and you have to make a down payment for the rest.  So a young couple looking to buy their first home at around 150,000 would have to find 30,000 as a deposit before the bank will loan them the rest.  Where a young couple would find this sort of money I don't know so this is the reason why so many houses are staying on the market, especially those wee terraced houses around the road which would usually be snapped up by young couples looking to get on the property ladder.
Does my face look bothered?

Mageeka

« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2008, 04:16:48 PM »
Why don't the bamks reintroduce the old system whereupon the borrower takes a mortgage on 50% of the homes value and the bank owns the other 50%

AL CAPONE

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2008, 08:26:06 PM »
That still happeng M, but you wouldn't want that wud ye.

Mageeka

« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2008, 09:15:50 PM »
That still happeng M, but you wouldn't want that wud ye.

But Al it gives out youngins a foot in the door

snowolf

« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2008, 11:57:58 AM »
check out this site property snake for n.ireland looks :( tells you how much property in your area is up or down

http://www.propertysnake.co.uk/site/location/13

EllCee

« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2008, 12:24:39 PM »
I see the percentage ranges from 0% - 41%, with some properties in the same post code falling quicker than others nearby.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Mageeka

« Reply #222 on: August 28, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »
How are the prices holding in Belfast guys ?  The sun belt here, is taking a beating Florida, Arizona and Vegas gave dropped 27% in this last quarter

stig5882

« Reply #223 on: August 28, 2008, 12:27:57 AM »
you wanna try living here in Kent.  a one bedroom flat with no garden costs at least 185,00.00  >:(
that is one hundred and eightyfive thousand pounds....
family names... Kelly, Connor

Mageeka

« Reply #224 on: August 28, 2008, 05:34:54 AM »
Stig
What is Gillingham , Rainham and Chatham like ?
I sold a house in Gillingham in 73 for 9 , 000 quid  I had it rented but being out of the country I could not keep control