Author Topic: who are we  (Read 1250 times)

maitland

who are we
« on: September 02, 2008, 06:58:07 AM »
we all come from the same place,my name is bobby maitland from ballyhackamore
why we left belfast is immaterial,the thing is to remember why you left and why you want to keep in touch,my reason is better opertunities elsewhere.Before we go any further i am on belfast forum as maitland dont ask.We are all here to help
each other as life is short and memories are nice but expensive for our children
but with friends on this website they can be a lot cheaper so help if you can others seeking

ELEANOR

Re: who are we
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 08:17:40 PM »
Hi Maitland. I left Belfast because I needed a change of scene. I was studying Music at Queen's so I just transferred to Cardiff. My eldest sister was living in Swansea but they didn't have a music department. Ironically, the same year I came to Cardiff her husband got a new job and they moved to Cheshire! I don't regret it; I feel like I've lived here all my life, but I still love where I came from. I'd never go back, though; this is home now, after twenty-six years. :)

andy

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 09:05:26 PM »
 hi maitland,     i used to live off the donegall road, i went to linfield
                        school and had 2 mates billy and john maitland, john
                        is on friends reunited, but i cant raise him, but i was
                        wondering would there be any connection.

john and billy lived at no82 bentham street i lived
                          at no59 just across the street.
yy u r yy u b i c u r yy 4 me

maitland

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »
hi andy
i had no relatives at that address in fact none with those names,if i come across any in my Dr who travels i will certainly let you know take care
bob

andy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »
maitland,         thanks a lot!
yy u r yy u b i c u r yy 4 me

ELEANOR

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 11:51:24 AM »
we all come from the same place,my name is bobby maitland from ballyhackamore
why we left belfast is immaterial,the thing is to remember why you left and why you want to keep in touch,my reason is better opertunities elsewhere.Before we go any further i am on belfast forum as maitland dont ask.We are all here to help
each other as life is short and memories are nice but expensive for our children
but with friends on this website they can be a lot cheaper so help if you can others seeking
Hi Maitland.  Have ou heard the saying,'he's got a head like a Ballyhackamore bailiff?' My Dad used to say it. :)

Mageeka

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »
Hi again Maitland
I will P M you later with a picture of a Belfast guy named Maitland.  Excellent jazzer