Author Topic: MOLLY,SEATON.FROM. GREENCASTLE.  (Read 34583 times)

delane

Re: MOLLY,SEATON.FROM. GREENCASTLE.
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 05:39:36 PM »
many,thank,s lad,s,& lasse,s, i will try & see if i can e,mail, carnmoney,cemetry, to find out about molly, if molly lived in her 60,s, i think we need to try & find how old molly was? she most of bin born the turn of the centery,1900, to play football in the 1920,s, can anyone help, i wonder if some one on the emerald-ancester,s can [help]? many thank,s to u all for your great help,..delane.
the older you get the worse you get..

Headline boat man

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 05:51:27 AM »
Think it would be a dead loss e-mailing the cemetery,records held at Mossley Mill.

delane

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
hello,headline, boatman,again thank,s for your help, where is mossley-mill. i will get in touch with some family member,s as they have family buried in carnmoney-cemetery, i did pass the cemetery last year, as i got lost driving  around, looking for somewhere, & keep the joke,s coming u are as bad as moondog,. all the best,boatman,.delane,..

delane

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2008, 12:59:12 PM »
hello,everyone, hope everyone is well, on specking to someone today about molly, she did,nt die that long ago,& had family in [bournmore] is that how u spell it? is this true? can u help guy,s.also got in touch with the cemetery,[council] they need a date, for them to give me detail,s for molly? do u guy,s know anyone who can help who know her well, i know most are dying off, as age get,s us all, all the best, to u all, ..delane

delane

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2008, 03:32:59 PM »
hello everyone, well some more info, on molly seaton, the BLAIR,S from BENCROME-PARK, RATHCOOLE, NEW,molly very well, dose anyone know this family, can we find a member,& find out where molly is buried? any small detail,s can help, i don.t know where rathcoole is, myself i would go to bar & asked about molly, in that area?. well i have had one telling off for phoning a [BAR] i promise i would phone any club,s bar,s pub,s hen-club,s carry-out,s, lap-dancing,. o.k. love u all all the best,..delane,..

beegee

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 01:38:35 AM »
For what its worth-------I've had the pleasure of seeing Molly,s team play at the Crusaders Seaview ground------------way back before the ww war 2 when I was a wee buck    lol-Im into my 83rd year now   

beegee

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 01:43:24 AM »
and--------------I have a thought that she may have lived in the Nelson St in the Sailortown  area at some time   .  maybe a coincidence that Delane mentioned Barney Vallerys pub in Nelson st?

Headline boat man

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2008, 06:24:21 AM »
The Blairs from Bencrom Park are long left that area.  Bawnmore is the estate you are talking about.

delane

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2008, 10:27:50 AM »
hello,boat man& beegee,my ggranfather used to drink with molly, in that bar,[barney-vallery,s]my ggranfather was called,john mullan,[solider] his name for being in the 2nd boer war,so the BLAIR,,S have gone,do u know anyone who is still on that estate, who may be [old] & know some one has any detail,s? of molly, would crusaders football club have any history of molly do u think,, i think i went to a car-boot last year by rathcoole, it was on the shore,rd, boat man am i close,to rathcoole? is the estate BIG, see i would normly go there & ask people for info,on molly seaton, would that be stupid,boatman, i will keep trying?. & well done beegee,83,year,s old, all the very best,to u all ,..delane,..

beegee

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 12:37:48 AM »
delane.  ... Have sent you a personal message re head  the ball!!!!!!!lol      My father   was friendly  with  a          MIster      Blair   .and he lived in NILE ST. .Have you tried to GOOGLE            Molly  Seaton           Might be worth a try--------------------------I'll give it a go   Crusaders have a web site   try them       www.crusadersfc.com

Headline boat man

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2008, 04:51:42 AM »
Delane you would be unwise to go to Rathcoole and start searching for anyone.  It once was the largest housing estate in Europe.  Strangers would be treated with great suspicion.
Molly was just a resident not at all well known in the estate. She was legendry in other areas.
What would be your final goal in this search?. 

delane

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2008, 03:42:24 PM »
hello,headline,boatman, my final goal, is to do a feature on molly seaton, it was my pop who mentioned when he worked at the mill,with molly, he has alway,s wanted to know what happened to her,,i said i will look on the p,c for u, there was nothing said of this great female football player,. i am trying to gether as much as i can to do a short story,& put it on the forum, so other people can see there was a local famous person, living in your area, i don,t want to write a noval . u mentioned some time back about molly, being a real character, & fist fighter, hard football player,.don,t get my dad left belfast [1959] so it,s a little story for him to.[his past]. if i can find where molly is buried i will take my dad & say hello, it,s nothing personal it,s for my dad. thank,s boat,man...delane..

Christopher

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
Julie Gault mentions Molly in her article about Garmoyle Street, "On the street where I lived", on the Sailortown site. www.sailortownbelfast.org/Streets%20folder/Garmoyle.htm

delane

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2008, 07:22:41 PM »
hi, Christopher, i have spoken to sailortown,society, they will e,mail me with any info on molly seaton. they have a number of members who know molly, so they are going to put there head,s together & write some detail,s down for me. we are getting there slowly, may thank,s to u,..delane..

delane

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »
 hi,everyone, hope u are all well, i have more info ,send to me[,may anne seaton],of 10, bawnmore place,newtownabbey, died on the 12,Jan 1974,, the in formant, Michael king. 4.mount st, greencastle,. well guy,s i need your help again, if molly did die on that day,can we look in the local paper,s through the obit, column for detail,s? if we can find these we will know where molly is buried. also dose anyone know Michael king, from greencastle,. . many thank,s again guy,s,.. all the best,..delane,..