Author Topic: ravenhill road 7 park parade school  (Read 46043 times)

giannineo

Re: ravenhill road 7 park parade school
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2008, 11:18:04 AM »
laganbank, when were you at Rosetta?

ravengirl

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2008, 01:58:13 PM »
Hi Ravengirl, or should I say Iris?

Sorry to say that I can't remember your name, but as I have a terrible memory that does not mean that we never met. My name is David Chambers, and I lived in 32 Florida Drive. I knew a family called Henry who lived in No 14. I think No 16 was Patterson, but I don't remember any girls.

Some of those I can remember who attended Park Parade were Margaret McMahon, who I think lived in Canada St, Sandra Moore, Geraldine Hood, and Phyllis Greenlees whose dad was the caretaker, and lived in a house in the school grounds, just around the corner on the Embankment. I also knew Roy Heayberd, who lived in Park Parade just across from the school gates. I went to Rosetta with him.

Regards to all.

David

Hello David! My aunt & uncle were Mr&mrs stewart and they definitely lived in no 16! Knew Sandra Moore and Phyllis Greenlees. I knocked about with her for while after I left school. Roy Heayberd became quite a power in the theatre as a writer,producer and director! His sister Irene was a very pretty girl.  :) :)
Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final Masterpiece.

laganbank

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
Hi Ravengirl and Gianninio,

Iris, you are right about Roy's sister Irene. I think she got her good looks from her mother. The last I heard she was living in London.

I looked up street directories for 1960 and 1965. The Stewart family were in the 1960 one, but the Pattersons in 1965. I joined the Merchant Navy in 1964, so they probably moved while I was abroad. I must be honest and say I remember the name, but I cannot picture the family.

The last time I saw Sandra Moore was in Australia in 1967. I had called at what I thought was her parent's home, and got quite a shock when she opened the door with a ba in her arms. Quite embarrassing, as she introduced me to her husband and insisted I stay overnight before they took me back to the ship the following day! The ship was the Laganbank, registered Belfast. I think they were a bit homesick when they read the name and port on the stern!

I was at Rosetta between 1950 and 1956. Mr Lowry was the head. I remember him caning me for something I had done. I can't remember what it was for! The last teacher I had was George Ross. He played rugby for Ireland-once!  I was told that after the game he had one too many and told one of the selectors what he thought of them, and then emptied a pint over him! I discovered years later that he was head of a secondary school here in Newtownards. I believe he died some years ago.

At the moment the only name I can remember, apart from Roy, is Jean Smith, who live in Candahar Street off the Ormeau Road. One thing this site has done for me is to exercise the old grey cells, hopefully I will remember some more!

Where in the world are you both?

laganbank 
Chambers, Shaw, Russell (all Banbridge), Slater/Sleator (Belfast/Co Armagh), McKaig (Belfast), Hanna(h) (Belfast), McClean (Belfast/Newtownards)

giannineo

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »
Laganbank, I went to Rosetta from 55-61....my brother Howard and sister Patricia were there in your time...I live in Perthshire now O0 Pop Lowry was Head when I was there.

ali

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 10:41:22 AM »
My dad Brian Sloan  went to park parade left in 1954-55
Family Names  Sloan, Wilson

ravengirl

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 12:15:40 PM »

Hi Ali! Your Dad would have been leaving just as I started, but I am sure we had lots of teachers in common,such as Mr.Hetherington for Maths and Bob Neilly for social studies! It was a good wee school and  I must say, I enjoyed my four years there! :)
Sure God created man before woman, but then again you always make a rough draft before creating the final Masterpiece.

laganbank

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 11:51:02 PM »
Giannineo, Thanks for that. The only Patricia I can recall was Patricia Wilkinson, lived in Flush something or other. I can also recall Doris Woods.

If I had a brain I would be dangerous.

Laganbank
Chambers, Shaw, Russell (all Banbridge), Slater/Sleator (Belfast/Co Armagh), McKaig (Belfast), Hanna(h) (Belfast), McClean (Belfast/Newtownards)

giannineo

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 05:52:02 PM »
cheers Laganbank...I knew Patricia Wilkinson....she worked in the Housing Trust and married some professional Irish golfer... lived in Knockeden Grove after Flush O0

giannineo

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 07:48:40 PM »
I stand corrected....it was Patricia Wilkinson's sister Carol who married ,then divorced the golfer.  [

naumai

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 04:00:18 AM »
did he have a brother called sammy.

ali

« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 01:46:52 PM »
No sorry naumai his brothers were  George, Tommy and Hugh
Family Names  Sloan, Wilson

miyagi

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »
I used to go to Park Parade and left it in 1965.Mr Holland was the headmaster,Sam Cuddy was my maths teacher,Mr Fieldhouse was my English teacher.If anyone wants to continue this discussion please feel free to contact me.Maybe talk about old friends and old teachers.
Michael

Jack The Kipper

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2009, 07:51:04 AM »
Anyone know of Jimmy Montgomery, lived in Shamrock St.
went to Park Parade in late fifties and joined the army?
God Bless Big Rosie up our street!!!

stickyra

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2009, 09:54:21 AM »
I used to go to Park Parade and left it in 1965.Mr Holland was the headmaster,Sam Cuddy was my maths teacher,Mr Fieldhouse was my English teacher.If anyone wants to continue this discussion please feel free to contact me.Maybe talk about old friends and old teachers.
Michael

My friends the Mathews went there, Bobby, Eileen, Ena, David in the late sixties.
Ní bheith mo leithid aris ann

andy

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2009, 09:50:04 PM »
  hi ravengirl,   my 2 sons attended park parade school
                        David Anderson my oldest started 1968
                        Paul Anderson my younger son attended
                        1971.  David left 1973,  Paul left 1974 when
                         we moved to Scotland.
                        if you attended in these years you might
                        have known them.
yy u r yy u b i c u r yy 4 me