Author Topic: Shipbuilding Connells of Belfast  (Read 7537 times)

avril jones

Re: Shipbuilding Connells of Belfast
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 11:58:55 PM »
Hi Patrick - Burnfoot
I have checked an address book and I now know you are a cousin of mine.  Please get back to me.
Avril - does that ring a bell

avril jones

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »
Hi Christopher
Sorry about delay replying - could not get into site.
I have quite a bit of info about the Connells in Ayrshire and Belfast and am related
Have you any info?
Avril

jeff

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 11:26:14 PM »
Hi 

I am new to this forum. I have traced my grandmother's family back to Charles Connell, the ship-builder. I have details on Charles' son Alexander (Sandy) his son Alexander and his sons & daughters if you are interested

delane

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »
hi,bryan,.. just a matter of interest, has your family the unemployment records from years, back,??...have they remained in your family, ..cheers,.. delane...
the older you get the worse you get..

Pretani

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2014, 09:09:08 PM »

My wife is descended from Grabowskys,Therese Grabowsky was married to Arthur Connell who owned the Connell Scotstoun shipbuilding yard in Glasgow.We have a tree on Ancestry.co.uk.

I am interested in any descendants of Charles Connell born approx. 1872 in Ayrshire, Scotland. He went on to become a prominent shipbuilder//

scotmum

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 09:42:36 AM »
Hi 

I am new to this forum. I have traced my grandmother's family back to Charles Connell, the ship-builder. I have details on Charles' son Alexander (Sandy) his son Alexander and his sons & daughters if you are interested

I realise this is a very old thread and those posting originally may not still be around but anyhow, Jeff, if you are, could you kindly check if your details include a Jane Connell, daughter of an Alexander Connell, so believed to be Alexander Connell and his first wife Ann Sheppard (various spellings)? If yes, do you have her marrying a James Lilley and their having a son Albert? Just hoping to cross reference my research and establish that the Jane who married James was indeed the one born to Alexander and Ann (marriage and birth certs checked thus far seem to indicate this).

JoelLough

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »
Alright guys my great great grandmother was Annie Connell daughter of Alex connell any information on the connells would be great I've just took a notion to search my family tree a friend has been putting it together for me so any more info would be brilliant thanks