Author Topic: New Comedy Night  (Read 1101 times)

Katie

New Comedy Night
« on: September 28, 2006, 03:52:05 PM »
A new comedy circuit is coming to Belfast!

It kicks off Sunday 8th October at the King's Head (opposite the King's Hall) on the Lisburn Road and features Karl Spain (of RTE's "Karl Spain wants a woman" fame) plus special guest, hosted by John Henderson.

Tickets cost £10 and are available from the King's Head.

Karl Spain has quickly established himself as one of Ireland’s top Comedians, continuing to go from strength to strength, performing all over the world.

Last year he took off around his homeland to look for a woman.  His search was documented in the hit RTE series Karl Spain Wants a Woman. Now he’s back and he’s looking for an audience for his brand new live show, Love..whatever that means.

Karl says: “If the show was to be made in to a movie it would be described as Cyrano de Bergerac with a Wham soundtrack. But very little from the first album.  The show may include bad dancing, football statistics, and a lot of pop trivia from 1984. The usual things that we've all used to impress the ladies.  Ex-girlfriends will be allowed in for free but they must bring a picture of the two of us together and admit that I've touched their bits.”

"Achingly funny" The Sunday Times
"the audience were in the palm of his hand" the metro
"the future of Irish comedy is in safe hands" hot press

Doors open 8.00pm

If you need any further information please email [email protected]

Should be a good night!

Christopher

Re: New Comedy Night
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 05:13:50 AM »
Hiya Katie, what are the chances of the Belfast Forum's "Man About Town" columnist getting in Free too ???
He's easily recognised as he wears the only Belfast Forum T shirt in existence :D Would he need to get his
rather scruffy beard trimmed or is it OK if he looks like Santa ??? Here's some more information about Karl Spain. Now here's a chance to listen to him or see his short video. A tenner a ticket is great value for money.
Oh! By the way Katie ... will you be there too ??? Like Karl, I'm looking for a woman :D

Katie

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 09:31:11 AM »
Haha, Not sure about the free ticket but as you said yourself a tenner a tickets is good value for money...

By all means come down, scruffy as you like and wear your tshirt.

Maybe you can ask Karl for some helpful woman finding tips....

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 02:41:10 PM »
Ach Katie, you mean I haven't found you .. like King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table I must continue my quest searching for a woman? BTW would there be a reduction for a poverty stricken pensioner? Ah! October 8th .. would there be anyone from Ballynahinch, at the Karl Spain event, who could give our "Man About Town" columnist a lift home? A taxi fare plus a tenner in his pecuniary state might be over the top :D Such an outlay would mean a diet of beans on toast for the rest of the week. 

droodroo

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 10:36:09 PM »
Christopher, pal, like, seriously?

You don't even live in belfast so why are you trying to scaff a free ticket?  Just do what the rest of us do and get down there and cough up the dough?

And i know Katie, intimately, and frankly sir, Im not liking the cut of your jibb.

D-man out.

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 10:39:04 PM »
Now there fine hospitality for you :D Oh BTW Welcome to the Forum droodroo, join the happy crew :D

pentio

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 10:04:26 AM »
sounds like a good night out we could all do with a good laugh now and again....and what would a tenner buy you. .what about a slight reduction for Chris the  poverty stricken pensioner lol say a fiver.

Katie

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 12:08:01 PM »
Being a student, I have had many a long stretch with nothing but beans on toast - I have to say it will do you no harm...