Author Topic: Milltown / Bog Meadows Babies.  (Read 409224 times)

roseanna

Re: Milltown / Bog Meadows Babies.
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2009, 03:10:22 PM »
I go every Saturday to stand outside Milltown cemetry to protest,The Adults and little babies,who are buried in land that the Catholic Church sold to The Wildlife Trust.We thought part of that land was handed back, and some of the graves, which hold adults as well, were blessed by the Bishop, on Cemetry Sunday.I dont know if a blessing constitutes, that land now is consecrated, maybe someone can tell me.Went this Saturday as usual,23rd of May to Milltown, only to find to my disgust, the little bit of land that had the wooden fence taken down, and had been brought back into the cemetry, a stronger fence being put back up,back to the wildlife part. something to do with health and safety,SHAME ON THE CATHOLIC CHURCH. All of Milltown cemetry, is a health and safety risk, if youve ever been there looking at some of the graves, youll know what I mean.NO MORE EXCUSES, DO WHATEVER IT TAKES, TO GET ALL THE GRAVES BACK.

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2009, 05:35:08 AM »

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Campaign group Relatives of the Milltown Babies will hold a candlelit vigil at the west Belfast cemetery tonight ahead of a crunch meeting which could settle the future of their loved ones’ resting places.

Thousands of babies and adults are thought to be buried in formerly non-consecrated ground on the edge of the cemetery, which was sold by the Catholic Church to the Ulster Wildlife Trust in 2000.

The trust meets for its monthly board meeting on Wednesday and is expected to consider proposals from the cemetery’s trustees for the return to the Church of around two acres of its land.

It will also consider a ethnographic report by archaeologist Toni Maguire and evidence including a sworn affidavit from someone who recalls witnessing burials on a disputed part of the land in the 1950s.

Campaigner Donna Hanvey’s new-born baby brother Michael was buried on the land in 1966.

She said restoring the land to the cemetery would not affect the Ulster Wildlife Trust.

“It’s unkempt and full of rubbish, yet there are burials in there — as many as 11,000,” she said.

“It’s as simple as that.”

No-one from the Ulster Wildlife Trust was available for comment.

Last month the church apologised for selling the land.

It also promised to put up a monument in memory of those buried on the land, when it is returned to the church.

The land was blessed by Bishop of Down and Connor Dr Noel Treanor earlier this month.

The vigil will be held at 9pm tonight at the gates of Milltown Cemetery on Falls Road.

Erincyprus

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 12:21:36 AM »
Roseanna, my Aunt's Grave is now just behind the Fence they have just re-erected can you please advise me of the times the Protest takes place so my Family may attend to add all the Support we can in this awful situation.

Erin.

God made Whisky to stop the Irish ruling the World

roseanna

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2009, 12:26:20 AM »
The protest to have the land back in conscrated ground, is held every Saturday, outside the cemetery gates, as yet, after all the promises,it has not been been handed back, there are thousands of babies, and adults in land that is still owned by the Ulster Wildlife Trust, every one deserves dignity in death, please support this protest, come join the group outside the cemetery every Saturday between the hours of 2pm- 4pm.please be their.

Erincyprus

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 04:28:35 PM »
Thursday I was speaking to the Relatives and to the Archeologist Toni and there are Graves that have been tarmacked over to widen paths.  This land has still not been handed over and we have photographs of Cattle among our Children's Graves.  These will be published in the next few days to bring more shame to the Church to end this situation.

Please support the Relatives if you possibly can on Saturdays at Milltown and if you think you have a loved one there please do find the date of Death which will enable you to find the Grave.  If you need a contact number for the Relatives please email me. 

Erin.

bobdenn

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 05:27:01 PM »
Erin

I know I've posted this idea on another thread, but in case someone has missed it...

You are obviously not getting anywhere.

Why not arrange to hold your demonstration outside Cardinal Brady's residence every Sat night.

It's called "direct action".

Bet that gets results.  ;)

Good Luck

BD

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 05:28:05 PM »
Erin

I know I've posted this idea on another thread, but in case someone has missed it...

You are obviously not getting anywhere.

Why not arrange to hold your demonstration outside Cardinal Brady's residence every Sat night.

It's called "direct action".

Bet that gets results.  ;)

Good Luck

BD

What's the address?  :)

bobdenn

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »

Don't know, but I guess it is somewhere in Armagh City.

If so, that could be a nice Saturday evening outing to Armagh Cathedral.

Make sure you are there before the evening service so that Cardinal Brady's parishoners can get a good view.

BD ;)

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »

Don't know, but I guess it is somewhere in Armagh City.

If so, that could be a nice Saturday evening outing to Armagh Cathedral.

Make sure you are there before the evening service so that Cardinal Brady's parishoners can get a good view.

BD ;)

Good view of what?  :-\

bobdenn

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 05:36:38 PM »

PG

A good view of the placards that the families will be holding up, to express their grievances.

They might even arrange a few leaflets/pamphlets  to hand out to the Church goers.

If it were me, I would ask for a meeting with Cardinal Brady at the same time.

Put the pressure on, it's the only way.

BD

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:13 PM »

PG

A good view of the placards that the families will be holding up, to express their grievances.

They might even arrange a few leaflets/pamphlets  to hand out to the Church goers.

If it were me, I would ask for a meeting with Cardinal Brady at the same time.

Put the pressure on, it's the only way.

BD

Good idea  O0 - I like your style (aswell as yer work  ;) :D )

bobdenn

« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »

Down in Derry, about 4 weeks ago, the council decided to save money by closing two local rubbish dumps without consulting the local residents.

There was a public outcry.

Overnight, bags of rubbish started appearing on councillers doorsteps and gardens.

Guess what, the rubbish dumps are to be re-opened.

BD   :D

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2009, 05:43:04 PM »

Down in Derry, about 4 weeks ago, the council decided to save money by closing two local rubbish dumps without consulting the local residents.

There was a public outcry.

Overnight, bags of rubbish started appearing on councillers doorsteps and gardens.

Guess what, the rubbish dumps are to be re-opened.

BD   :D

Lovin' it, Lovin' it, Lovin' it!  ;) :D

bobdenn

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »

I have another story about Derry and the local Bishop but we have been off topic long enough.

I wish all the familes good luck in their quest for the Bog Meadows.

Don't forget, keep united but above all keep the pressure on (peacefully).

BD

:D

Erincyprus

« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 05:57:22 PM »
Thanks for the advice will get on it.

Erin.