Author Topic: Servia Street  (Read 18210 times)

isobel dunlop

Re: Servia Street
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »
By the way ,i am one of the Duffy's. ^-^

Coogan

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 07:49:10 PM »
My granda and granny lived in Servia St,McIlwaine.

Was that wee Winnie you are on about? I can recall her vagely
Coogie

Coogan

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
no bhelena just go on youtube and type in operation banner part 2 ok O0

Thanks for that, it was like going back in a time machine i remember it well, didn't know it was called operation banner though.
Coogie

finlay22

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:13 PM »
i thought the duffys were a family of boys i didnt know there was any girls. do you remember the kavanaghs from sultan street or any one else who lived there. :idiot2:

agideo

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 11:23:36 PM »
Frankie Duffy from Servia Street was in my class at Slate street.I think he was a boxer at Immaculatta
Happiness is not getting what you want it's wanting what you have.

shannagh1

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 11:42:11 PM »
Coogan it was Minnie,lived next door to the Dillons at corner of Slate street opening.
Facing McCrorys shop

isobel dunlop

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »
Hello Finlay22, There were six boys and 1 girl (me), i came in the middle three older and three younger. Poor me, ;D ;D you can guess what i had to put up with :( to me my brothers are the best, the sad thing is we lost Frankie seven years ago ,he died very suddenly(rip).

isobel dunlop

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »
Hi Agideo, If our Frankie was in your class, you know what he was like, up to all the mischief. i would probably know you, as half if not all of Slate St school came in and out of our house in those days. he did box for the Mac and a pretty good boxer he was to. We all miss him a lot. :(

isobel dunlop

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »
Finlay22, yes i knew the Kavanagh's from Sultan St. Jim and Damian, knew their mother and father well too. I heard a few years back that Jim had died (RIP). i knew the Armstrongs, mcNally's, Maguires, Flynn's, Clarkes, the mcfarlanes used to live there also (Chip, Bobby) loads more, if you want to know anymore just post.

agideo

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »
Hi Isobel
        I'm sorry to hear about Frankie.You're right he did get up to some mischief but it was all good fun.Dont think I've been to your house .My sisters and me used to bus it down to Slate Street from the Murph

feejeeks

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 01:19:58 AM »
I was born in Servia St,no 55 in my Granny McErleans house.Next door one side were the Molloy sisters,other side was Crawford Hutchinson.Moved to the Murph when i was nine.Me and my brothers all still went down the Sprinky every day to Slate St.Paddy Duffy was in my class.Frankie[rip] stood fro our Paul at Confirmation.Some families i remember,Duffys,Clarkes,Moores,Gilroys,Dillons McElwaines,McComish,Coogans Browns,Murrays,Hannas,Woods,O,Reillys,Darlings and Lizzie Stranney,s sweet shop[probably think of others after]It was a great old street,many fond memories.Now live in Sydney,Best wishes to all the old neighbours.
J.B.

Bella Bailey

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 07:12:35 PM »
Hi feejeeks, or would i be right to say mister Burns, are you Felix, John Or Peter? Dont keep me guessing, if you are who i think you are, i was talking to you on an other forum a while back. I was so sorry to hear about your mum, as you know her and my mum were great friends and your brothers and mine were too. We had some great times in our St. i remember your granny, i wish we could turn the clock back to those good old days. Let me know if i'm right and i,ll pm you. O0

Bella Bailey

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 07:23:32 PM »
Hello again agideo, so you didn't come from Servia, did you move to the Murf from down our way, and where are you now. Yes Frankie was full of fun anything for a laugh, did you know Digus McCusker? (rip) when those two got together it was like a pantomime. Like i said they were good times and happy ones too. O0

Liz51

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 08:04:50 PM »
i know some people from servia street there was a family called duffy and also one called o reilly there was a mrs mc sherry she used to do dressmaking my mum used to take us to her when we were small. O0 O0
THAT WAS MY SISTERINLAWS AUNTY HER HUSBAND USED TO PLAY IN ST PETERS BAND

agideo

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 12:05:14 AM »
Hello Bella
               No I'm not from Servia Street but I lived with my granny in Plevna Street for a while.Yes I certainly do remember Digus R.I.P Who could forget Digus.There were 2 Gerard McCuskers in our class but only 1 Digus.I can remember a few names like Terry Benson one of the Lewsleys, Mcveigh,big Jim mcDowell .Ive been England now 36 years this month but I still go back now and again to see my family.