Author Topic: Boys Brigade  (Read 45884 times)

hathaway

Re: Boys Brigade
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:49 PM »
I worked with a man called Norman Bell who was in the 15th Belfast

skweeze

« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2014, 02:08:06 PM »
I was in the 15th BB and Life boys from about 1965-1971. The top dog then was Budgie Coulter. I remember trips to Port Erin in the Isle of Man and the Isle of Cumbrae,Scotland.

Brown low

« Reply #182 on: August 26, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »
Rob Roy as far as I remember the 63rdmet in the canteen of the old upper Whitehouse school at the top  of Mount Street I don't know how long they were there but I know that's where they started.You said you lived in whitehouse village did you know Joe and David Shaw  they lived  a few doors from John and Davy McCrum ,they were my Aunt Maggies sons.Were you related to Sam Hollis we went to school together and then we both played for St Johns before it became St Ninians.The reason for the name change was the rev Gough said that none of the team were members of the parish so Jack Cassells approached St Ninians  to see if we could use their name. About 6 of the team were members of St Ninians and as long as we came to bible class on Sunday mornings  it would be ok .And a year later we had one of the most successful seasons  the team ever had .Alan Thompson  and Hugh Cunningham ran the team at. that time. Hope I am not boring you but it is great to relive all these old memories with  someone who can relate .What ever happened to Dicky Andrews hope he is still around he also had a brother Joey who was Linfield mad

Both the Andrews brothers still around, Sam Hollis is also deceased as is Kem Freeburn but hid brother Jim lives here in Ballyclare he was on the post for years.

Neil robinson-sture

« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2015, 01:18:29 PM »
I have only just found the forum but would like to know if anyone has any photo's of the 95th in the late 60's,  I went to Chigwell in 1966 and ventnor a couple of years later iv'e been able to trace a couple of old dvd's  but would love some photo's my older brother is Alan Robinson fom merville garden village.

gtwilson

« Reply #184 on: October 22, 2015, 08:25:12 PM »
 :)Interested to read all the many posts re the BB. just back home in England after attending 100 year celebrations of the 8th Belfast known as" the dandy 8th" because we were always so well turned out. It was a wonderful weekend with dinner on Friday and special enrolment service in Cooke Centenary Church last Sunday. The days in the BB were great but most appreciated as the years roll on. 

Billy Scott

« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2015, 06:55:33 PM »
:)Interested to read all the many posts re the BB. just back home in England after attending 100 year celebrations of the 8th Belfast known as" the dandy 8th" because we were always so well turned out. It was a wonderful weekend with dinner on Friday and special enrolment service in Cooke Centenary Church last Sunday. The days in the BB were great but most appreciated as the years roll on.

Does anyone know which BB was attached to the church at Carlisle Circus? Any replies would be appreciated. Thank you.

roycraw.

« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2019, 09:54:09 AM »
Both the Andrews brothers still around, Sam Hollis is also deceased as is Kem Freeburn but hid brother Jim lives here in Ballyclare he was on the post for years.
     hi BL,    is jim freebairn still around?    an old mate of mine.      cheers,   roy  c.

Bigali

« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2019, 09:59:46 AM »
I was 1st Ballymoney Company, Route Battalion, St James Presbyterian Church Ballymoney .

https://youtu.be/IwLY_fiTDLY

:)

Support Soldier F Support Soldier B

The courageous deeds and sacrifices of the RUC and UDR must never be airbrushed from history .