Author Topic: edgars  (Read 2178 times)

paddyone

edgars
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:59:16 PM »
anybody  related to eliza edgar b.26 7 1906  fleet street belfast or  edgars greyabbey

paddyone

JimG

Re: edgars
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 05:09:21 PM »
I tried 3 Street directories 1901, 1907,1910 with no Edgars listed in Fleet St on mary lennon s great website.
I know in Comber several edgars were signing up in 1911 to the Ulster Covenant , so I looked for Greyabbey
Edgar Agnes J Ballyboley  Down: North Grey Abbey Grey Abbey 
Edgar Alex A Ballyboley  Down: North Grey Abbey Grey Abbey Phair, James : J P
Edgar Ellen Ballyboley  Down: North Grey Abbey Grey Abbeyetc and
you could check Belfast as I did, I found none with Fleet St as an address, but there are lots of Edgars.
That connection to Greyabbey seems important do look up Ros Davies Co Down website
I wish you luck onwards, Jim

paddyone

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:27:54 PM »
Thanks jim for the look up`s.

Eliza Edgar i know was born 8 fleet st  1906 to WILLIAM and ELIZABETH EDGAR.
William was a sailor so moved around. He was in Jarrow DURHAM 1901,and another daughter AGNES born 1903 [no address as yet but hope to get it soon]

The EDGAR Greyabbey was a blacksmith, not sure of dates but in and around 1930`s i think  but that is all i know.

paddyone

big bird

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »
i know of a graham edger who lived in portaferry co down if its any help

paddyone

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 07:45:29 PM »
Hi BIG BIRD , i do not have any names at all for EDGAR`s in Greyabbey  All i do know is that the Blacksmith that worked there was a relation to my father.
His mother was an ELIZA EDGAR, Eliza`s mother was ELIZABETH  MARY EDGAR and her father Was WILLIAM H W EDGAR.
I was told but not yet proved that Elizabeth had a child out of wedlock and the said BLACKSMITH is that child.
If that makes sence.

PADDYONE

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 09:39:06 PM »
I tried 3 Street directories 1901, 1907,1910 with no Edgars listed in Fleet St on mary lennon s great website.
I know in Comber several edgars were signing up in 1911 to the Ulster Covenant , so I looked for Greyabbey
Edgar Agnes J Ballyboley  Down: North Grey Abbey Grey Abbey 
Edgar Alex A Ballyboley  Down: North Grey Abbey Grey Abbey Phair, James : J P
Edgar Ellen Ballyboley  Down: North Grey Abbey Grey Abbeyetc and
you could check Belfast as I did, I found none with Fleet St as an address, but there are lots of Edgars.
That connection to Greyabbey seems important do look up Ros Davies Co Down website
I wish you luck onwards, Jim

Hello Jim,

What about Ros Davies' site then ??? Does it not warrant a superlative adjective ??? How about one from the following list ... amazing, awesome, brilliant, fantastic, grand, great, marvellous, super, superb, terriffic.

Mary's site is a good one but much of the work compiling the directories which are used on her site are thanks to employees of James Alexander Henderson and even in more recent times Belfast and N.Ireland Directory, 51-67, Donegall Street, Belfast BT1 2GB and printed by The Universities Press (Belfast) Ltd.   

Christopher

Christopher

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 02:51:38 AM »
Richard Edgar's The home of Edgar family history online www.geocities.com/edgarwebsites

Edgar Ministers in the Presbyterian Church in Ireland www.geocities.com/edgarministers

The Edgar Family Roots is a website focusing on the movement of Edgars between Ulster and the West of Scotland during the 19th century. The site includes some Edgar Marriages in Glasgow 1622 - 1854 http://tinyurl.com/3n4rgx There's also a list showing a number of Edgars who joined the Glasgow Police who seem to be mainly from south west Scotland. Their service records can be consulted at Glasgow City Archives.

graebah

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 03:32:04 PM »
Hi there

Just discovered the Belfast Forum site and did a search for the "Edgar" surname.

Came up with this particular thread.

I come from the Edgar family in Greyabbey and have information which goes back to 1836.  It also includes a reference to Eliza Edgar who was born in 1906 in Belfast.

I would be happy to share the info if it is of benefit to anyone.

graebah

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 07:01:21 PM »
Hi graebah and welcome to the forum

looks like paddyone hasn't been online since March 2009  ???

thalium

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 01:07:48 AM »
graebah,   I am interested in any info you may have on eliza edgar  1906  belfast

askinedgar40

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 02:50:06 AM »
Hello.  Here is my first post on March 29, 2021.  William Edgar and Elizabeth Mary Edgar were my grandparents.  An adult member of my family told me that they were "2nd cousins or something like that".  I don't know how true that is.  Hope this helps someone.

graebah

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 02:47:59 PM »
I have sent you a Personal Message.

thalium

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 12:18:56 AM »
welcome askinedgar40   

william and elizabeth  are my Great grandparents