Author Topic: FALL IN CANADA.  (Read 14109 times)

moorsy

Re: FALL IN CANADA.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 02:10:54 AM »

ELEANOR,    SO DO YOU LIKE  JOHN CARDINAL ??
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

ELEANOR

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »

ELEANOR,    SO DO YOU LIKE  JOHN CARDINAL ??

I like the stories which feature him. There hasn't been a new one for a while, though.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 05:12:42 PM »
HI guys,  just taking a walk through and saw "fall in Canada" , wow ::) it's one of my favourite times with all the colours and you're right,  we complain about the humidity and then the snow  ;D   here in s.Ontario we are not as bad as up north (so my friends tell me all the time) ;D  here's hoping for a good winter with no snow, well you can dream  ;D ;D sixtyniner
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »

SIXTYNINER,   hi,   lived in Oakville from 83 to 2003, then moved back to the Peg.  Expecting 20c for the next weekend but nighttime temps are dropping off now,2c this morning  but on frost yet.

When you can relight the christmas lights you did,nt take down after last xmas.

When the field mice become house mice.

when a new season full of forlorn hope starts for the Maple Leafs.

Val

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2008, 12:14:31 AM »
Hi Moorsy,

my neighbour is an ex Maple Leaf Goalie, he has won 4 Stanley Cups, the last being '67.  :-[ We told him we were going to send him back to the Leafs, maybe then they would get to the playoffs.  ;D :D ::)   A finer gentleman you could ever wish to meet.

I also love this time of year, especially the colours of the trees as they change, pictures never do it enough justice, as seeing it in person.

Val  O0

moorsy

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2008, 02:48:01 AM »

VAL,  are you talking about Johnny Bower???   They beat the Habs that year, the last time they ever won the Stanley Cup.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2008, 04:53:57 AM »
hi moorsy,  like i said  you can only dream (talking about the leafs and not the ones on the trees)  ;D ;D   ;D   not a big hockey fan but did get into them a few yrs ago   along with all those other poor saps  ::) ::) who pay those prices to see them but maybe one day eh.  ;D
sixtyniner

moorsy

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »

SIXTYNINER, YOU ARE DEAD ON ABOUT BEING SAPS ,  PAYING THOSE PRICES TO SEE THE BUDS.

YOU,ST TO GO SEE THE MARLIES AT THE OLD GARDENS ON SAT/DAY AFTERNOONS.

where abouts are you?

Val

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 06:56:18 PM »

VAL,  are you talking about Johnny Bower???   They beat the Habs that year, the last time they ever won the Stanley Cup.

You got it Moorsy. ...the one and only. ....Val  O0

moorsy

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 07:28:05 PM »

YEAH I WASNT SURE IF IT WAS TERRY SAWCHUK OR BOWER YOU MEANT.  BOWER PLAYED TWO GAMES THAT FINAL,WITH SAWCHUK IN FOUR

BOWER WAS FROM PRINCE ALBERT AND SAWCHUK WAS FROM THE PEG.

BOWER WAS KNOWN AS THE CHINA WALL, DONT KNOW WHY ,AND SAWCHUK WAS CALLED UKEY.

Val

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »
I must ask him why, or do you think that is not Kosher. :-\  He has hands on him like baseball mitts, I cringe when he shakes hands with me.  ;D

I loved Terry Sawchuk & Guy LaPlante, back then the hockey was enjoyable to watch. Since they brought in all those other teams I lost interest.
Johnny, just signed some memorabilia for my nephews who are up here for a year, to play hockey.  My husband also took pictures of them all together.

Val  O0

moorsy

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »

BOWER GOT HURT IN THE WARM-UP FOR GAME THREE.

A COUPLE OF THINGS PUT ME OFF WATCHING N,H,L. HOCKEY, ONE WAS WHEN THEY STARTED WEARING HELMETS, HOW COULD YOU EVER FORGET GUY LAFLARE GOING DOWN THE WING WITH HIS HAIR STREAMING . THE HELMETS REDUCED THEIR PERSONALITYS.  THE LAST STRAW WAS THE STRIKE.

I ONLY WATCH THE JUNIOR TEAMS NOW.

Val

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 08:09:59 PM »
Those were the days, it's great to get John started on some stories and pranks they played on each other then. He is a great Ambassador for the game and he works tirelessly for all charities.  They named the little parkette just across the street from me, after him.

Val  O0

moorsy

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 08:40:14 PM »

I DONT THINK HE WOULD MIND IF YOU ASKED HIM ABOUT HIS NICKNAME.

I THINK VACHON WAS THE GOALIE FOR THE HABS IN THAT SERIES BUT IT COULD HAVE BEEN GUMP WORSLEY.

WAS AT THE OLD FORUM IN MONTREAL FOR THE SECOND FROM LAST GAME PLAYED THERE . YOU KNOW THERE WAS NO FLOOR UNDER THE ICE IN THERE,JUST SAND, AND IT WAS ALWAYS FROZEN.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 08:56:30 PM »
hi moorsy,  does anyone know where messages disapear to, my last one just did when i was using spell check, yes i use it. :idiot2:  i will try and remember what i said so here goes.  i was never into hockey because  i did not have anyone playing in it to relate to, but my boss sponsered "old timers"  i went to see them and it was very cold but great.   the guys in work were all into hockey so it was hard not to get caught up in it.  8)  the time "team canada" was playing i could not wait to get home and watch and really enjoyed it 8)  i am more into soccer and tennis, yes,  i live in burlington so the leaves are on the turn on some of the trees unless the rain turns them all to mush before then but like i say it's better than shovelling ;D ;D wow, this is like a book so i'll end now.  sixtyniner
sixtyniner