Author Topic: Belfast - so many foreigners???Why?  (Read 29214 times)

BLOOMFIELD

Re: Belfast - so many foreigners???Why?
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2006, 12:59:27 AM »
Les

I assume he got his bypass in the groin area  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good luck to him when the hairs start growing back, ooooouch  8)
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

EllCee

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2006, 08:09:35 AM »
"I assume he got his bypass in the groin area "

Not yet.  Just prepped.  It all seems to be a bit of a shambles.  Here they get you in and out is a couple of days.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2006, 08:29:01 AM »
As long as they don't slip with the scalpel and make a "girlyman "out of him  ;D ;D ;D
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

ulsterstan

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2006, 01:35:23 AM »
Here in California and many parts of the states we are  flooded with illegal immigrants coming from Mexico and other parts of South America ,Florida has the Cubans .I live in Hayward  30miles south of San Francisco and  this area is now about 60% Latino now  as is San Jose and Los Angles is little Mexico. Problems , language , more gangs ,crime, ect.  When you get a big  immigration explosian  and the  folk don't learn to speak the language of the country then the community is divided .  When folk enter their new country legally then they tend to be interested in making a better life for their families and enjoy mixing with the natives of that country and obeying the laws of the land. This big melting pot, the USA. in my opinion is in for a lot of problems down the road  unless the Government gets their act together.  Pretty soon we'll need  to find a way to travel  as the  roads here are jammed  most times of the day and night and they say by the end of this year the population of the States will be  over 300  million people I think it was. All I can say is  WOW!.
Stan Sloan.

doodler

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2006, 07:03:18 PM »
 8)I recently returned from a trip back home. I went back in May and was amazed at the "foreigners) there. From what I observed, starting in London and on through the UK, these people are very ignorant and have no respect for the place they are taking over. To say the least, I was taken aback, I looked forward to a trip back to my roots and what do I find? Its like I never left California, just a mixing pot. Talking to a local I was told that foreigners were scared to come to Ulster when the troubles were going on but since it is now quiet they are coming in droves. I guess I won't be making anymore trips to Ulster in the future, why bother. Ulsterstan was correct, California is a mess with all the illegals here and they don't mix, they want everything to be just like the place they left and develop their own little cities within cities. You all can say or think what you want but Ulster will be a mess within 10 years. I hate to say this but maybe peace in Ireland wasn't all it is made out to be. especialy for the citizens of NI. Don't get offended anyone, its just an observation and a prediction.   8)   

Christopher

« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2006, 07:14:10 PM »
I guess I won't be making anymore trips to Ulster in the future, why bother.    

Why? I do not understand. Where are all these foreigners? I was at a large Festival in Belfast at the end of June / early July and saw few of the foreigners you mention. Chinese with Chinese restaurants and Poles working in factories. The Chinese participate in the local community. Locals are far more harassment than the immigrants. They are the ones who fight with each other when the pubs close. The Chinese do not go to pubs. There were a few fights .. in Craigavon recently .. one group of immigrants against another. But at the same time locals were ransacking the house of foreign women in Cloughey, Co. Down If the locals set a good example then the immigrants have one to follow

doodler

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2006, 07:33:48 PM »
Actually I wasn't particularily refering to the Chinese, I know they work hard and usually don't cause trouble, in fact my neighbor is Chinese and can't speak a word of "Engrish" but very nice people. My brother-in-law is also Chinese. I was thinking more in line of the [censored]' the blacks and especially The Muslims. Remember the riots by the blacks in England a few years ago and of course the big ones here in the states. Then our wonderful peace loving Muslims, we should embrace our Muslim brothers and perhaps they won't want to kill us, what a joke. The [censored]' and the Indians breed like crazy and Ireland as small as it is just doesn't have room for an explosion like that. Jobs for the locals will vanish especially as you say the foreigners work cheaper. Who are the employers going to hire, of course the ones who will work for less. As I said, I am looking down the road about 10 years. You make an excellent point in regards to trouble makers, it most definitely is a problem with the natives especially the youth. That was another amazing realization to me. Could be wrong but it seemed as though people are not as religious as they used to be, churches seem to be empty, wonder if there is any correlation between the lack of religious conviction and crime or the trouble makers?   ???

Christopher

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2006, 09:47:25 PM »
Hiya doodler, would you be a tad racist? the [censored]' the blacks A bit like people referring to the "Brits" and
"the Irish" Ach doodler, really! The [censored]' and the Indians breed like crazy This is no way to express things. Many people may be reading this message and will say "I did not know there were such racists in Belfast"

doodler

« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2006, 05:35:59 PM »
I suppose you could say I am a tad bit racist Christopher but not without warrant. You know liberals hang the old "racist" tag on people who don't agree with their way of thinking, well I guess I can say without a doubt I am a tad bit "Racist" and proud of it. Now I am not racist towards everybody with a different skin colour than myself just individuals or groups I perceive that are out to try to change my lifestyle or force a different way of thinking on to me. In other words, leave me alone and you will have no problem with me. Its funny but the tag "Racist" seems to be hung on white anglo/saxon people but no matter where you go there are "Racists" of one form or another. Look at the [censored] vs Sunnies, or in our own country Catholics vs Prods or Muslims vs the World. Go figure. I can see by reading my postings one would think I am a paying member of the KKK or some such but honestly I am not that bad  of a guy. I am really a fun loving individual and easy to get along with, just some things really set me off and the liberal way of thinking is one of them. I noticed when I joined up there were certain topics we should stay from and no cursing etc. This is all good and maybe we should add "No Politics" as it is never easy to find people who all agree and just [censored] things up a bit.   ;D

Christopher

« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2006, 06:03:29 PM »
That's a great message doodler.
Now I am not racist towards everybody with a different skin colour than myself just individuals or groups I perceive that are out to try to change my lifestyle or force a different way of thinking on to me. In other words, leave me alone and you will have no problem with me.    maybe we should add "No Politics" as it is never easy to find people who all agree and just [censored] things up a bit.   ;D
I totally agree about people trying to force you to change your opinion. I find they are incapable of entering into a logical debate. As soon as you raise a point with which they do not agree they argue rather than discuss.
I'm not one hundred percent happy about adding "No Politics". I saw a message on one of the threads directing people to sites where there was political discussion. That's OK but it made me wonder are we to be ostriches on Belfast Forum. I'd prefer to see a board here for good political discussion.

I am sure there are few of us here who have not had such a discussion with our friends. Did you come to blows? Are you still friends? Why should we at Belfast Forum be any different. Let's have a bit of friendly political discussion . Are we going to be like the Assembly at Stormont who appear to sit back, take the money that is handed to them and have no discussions at all? How are we going to make progress if we sit and do not discuss politics?

doodler

« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »
Good point Christopher,. I never came to blows over politice, not worth losing friends over although some are very hard to discuss with. I suppose you are correct about having a good discussion so long as it doesn't digress into mud-slinging.

Christopher

« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2006, 06:24:27 PM »
Well, doodler, there seems to be a bit of light hearted teasing on some of the boards here. There is a cross section of the branches of the Christian faith on Belfast Forum. I'm sure we could have some degree of political conversation without mudslinging.

doodler

« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2006, 01:37:56 AM »
That sounds good Chris, I am up for a good tease along with the best of them. I'll have to do some shopping around the different topics.    ;D

Christopher

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2006, 01:45:57 AM »
Re foreigners doodler, I'm posting about Integrated Education on the History thread. I'll post more there.

doodler

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2006, 01:50:32 AM »
Sounds good Chris, see you there.   8)