Author Topic: trouble at the odyssey  (Read 7428 times)

giannineo

Re: trouble at the odyssey
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 10:33:48 PM »
Les and Christopher,the NSPCC website  elaborates on the matter of leaving children alone....no law to say they cannot be left alone but law to say they may not be left alone at risk....something like that,but the website will clarify the matter.

Charlie

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 04:15:14 PM »
My friend got his [censored] kicked in by about 5 guys in the odyssey and lost his front teeth. Apparently they didn't have it on camera. Itís a horrible place at night when all the drunkards are out, I hate walking through them all and they stare at you and shout at each other and itís so loud and eugh. The cinema is good though. I'm gonna get a VIP seat next time and apparently you can have tea and coffee and a recliner and its all good!

AL CAPONE

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 07:34:42 PM »
can i go with you? :D

craigyroo

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 02:39:32 PM »
You are 100% right Christopher, but where are the so called PARENTS of these wee hoods? As a parent myself there is NO WAY mine would be permitted to behave like this. Blaire said we are not allowed to slap, he needs a cuff round the ear himself. I had occasion to ask a PSNI officer to scare the crap out of one of mine but the reply from them was that they could not do this even at my request since children just shout at them now WE HAVE OUR RIGHTS!
Still. .Look at the Dad who shoved a teenager for bullying his under 10 Y/O son...he got six months.
A friend of mine up here in Fermanagh was postmistress when two young thugs came to rob the place, her husband shot a round from his shotgun into the ground, the young thugs took him to court for scaring em and whilst it was being investigated the families livelyhood was closed down until resoloution. One Sunday my friend walked back into her home where the family sat at Sunday lunch telling them I'm after doing something terrible. She took 48 hours burning from the inside out to die from paraquat overdose.
The wee thugs have got thier claim against the family and are jetski and car mad. Injustice? PURE STUPIDITY.
June.

paraquat ? herbicide ? That is one of the most horrendous things i have ever heard !!!!

Belfast Dave

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2008, 09:59:06 PM »
Data on the number of ASBOs issued are [sic] updated quarterly. They are civil orders which means that the kids do not get a criminal record, but, if they break the ASBO then they will get a criminal record. The evidence is that most children do break them. (You'll note even Government Departments use incorrect English .. I'm sure that should be data is rather than data are). So much for Mr Blair's "Education, education, education" speech.

Sorry, Chris, but you are wrong. Data is the plural of datum (Latin, neuter). "Data are" is grammatically correct. Most English speakers do not realise this, but continental Europeans do.
Family Names: Wright, Bowden, Dickson, McIlveen, Pollock

Christopher

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
Sorry, Chris, but you are wrong. Data is the plural of datum (Latin, neuter). "Data are" is grammatically correct. Most English speakers do not realise this, but continental Europeans do.

Data are the plural ???

Belfast Dave

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2008, 01:33:23 PM »
Yep, just like medium and media (plural). Stadium and stadia.  Et cetera (and the others).  O0
Family Names: Wright, Bowden, Dickson, McIlveen, Pollock