Author Topic: Botham Walk  (Read 499 times)

Christopher

Botham Walk
« on: October 09, 2006, 04:07:40 AM »
Beefy Botham is in town tomorrow. Belfast is one of the cities in the UK on the route of Beefy's 200 Mile Walk to raise money for Leukaemia Research and the Teenage Cancer Trust. The Walk begins at Marks and Spencers, Donegall Place at 9.00am and finishes at the City Hall. Some well known personalities will be joining him on the Belfast leg of the Walk ... Ronan Keating, Irish Rugby legend Mike Gibson and former WBA featherweight champion Barry McGuigan.

mondaylover

Botham Walk Pic
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 02:32:16 AM »
Hi Christopher loving your forum.  I was on the walk with Botham and Ronan Keating.  I wasn't exactly walking but did get stuck into the collecting on my Segway.  Managed to collect quite a bit on my machine and enjoyed scooting along in front of the walkers.  People of Belfast are extremely generous.  Most youngins were screaming for Ronan - Ronan!!! as we passed some of the schools and that was just the parents.  Botham was wearing pair or wrap around shades and beany hat so was hard to tell it was him for anyone passing.  We were all telling peolpe "that's Ronan Keating and Ian Botham coming" - they would just look at you as if you were some odd spaceman - especially on the segway with dayglo jacket until they saw the man himself.  Great morning.  Raised a fortune. 
P.s. Pic is of Botham and Keating in among crowd from gym and me budging in to the right on the Segway.  Had to force my way in even after hard slog on the roads!