Author Topic: Moving to Belfast... advice appreciated  (Read 3332 times)

Sasanach

Moving to Belfast... advice appreciated
« on: October 03, 2008, 01:46:12 PM »
Delighted with your city following a visit, my wife and I seriously plan to try and find jobs/ move over from England, next summer. We are a (childless) couple in our late 30s, a (soon to qualify) social worker and drugs service manager respectively. I'm sure you'll all used to visitors' surprise that Belfast isn't so much larger...we'd
really appreciate comments and advice on where to live in the city, having no connections here. So far we've been lookingat the at the south & west. Let me come straight out with this...Would moving to a considerably Catholic or Protestant area cause people to resent an English couple moving in, for example ?
We know that there's a lot more to the city than sectarianism, and realise that this is potentially a contentious issue, butwould really appreciate genuine opinion and help.

DannyGillen

Re: Moving to Belfast... advice appreciated
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 04:29:24 PM »
I don't know too much about the pricing situation but move where ever you feel comferable.

The vast majority of Belfast you would get no hassle. Just have a look at the area before you move in. If a prospective house is on a street full of flags with painted curbstones etc. and that makes you feel uncomfortable then don't move there.

belfastnightlife.blogspot.com
belfaststudentmarketing.com

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 04:43:58 PM »
I don't know too much about the pricing situation but move where ever you feel comferable.

The vast majority of Belfast you would get no hassle. Just have a look at the area before you move in. If a prospective house is on a street full of flags with painted curbstones etc. and that makes you feel uncomfortable then don't move there.

Do you mean, Loyalist?  ;) :)

vangore

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 04:08:20 AM »
I have few favourite games, currently I play on Xbox 360 and I enjoy Gears of War 2, Alan Wake and Devil May Cry 4. I played Warcraft 3 a lot especially online. I also find Final Fantasy very nice. There is only one[/font][/size]