Author Topic: Picture Halls  (Read 13174 times)

Geraldine

Re: Picture Halls
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »
 Many a happy time I spent in the Park Cinema :)  ;)
Does anyone remember how when the film was over some of the people would literally jump over the seats to get out the bottom door before the Queen came on?
Then there would be another stampede of other people jumping over the seats to catch those  ones?    ??? ???
I cant recall if anyone was eventually  "caught " and what happened to them    :o
Looking back now there was a lot of wasted energy :o :o :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

teragram

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 10:26:20 AM »
Geraldine,
I heard that when the Queen and Phillip go to the pictures, they jump over the seats to get out before they play that music.  I'll bet the royal family hear it that many times, they probably hate it. It's a very dull piece of music.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

Geraldine

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 03:43:43 PM »
 :) :)    :o
Thats very funny teragram!!!!!!!!
LOL    LOL    LOL   :) :)

Geraldine
For to be free is not merely to cast off ones chains but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.          Nelson Mandela

glenb

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 08:33:53 PM »
I remember the Park, half would stand for the Queen half wouldn't, witnessed a few fights there as well

Geraldine

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 10:06:22 AM »
   :) :)  Looking back on it now its very funny thinking of half the people standing and half not and lots jumping over seats
to avoid the whole business  :)
I liked the bit teragram put in about even the Royal Family get fed up listening to the Anthem.
I suppose as they say you can get too much of a good thing!!
I know there were many fights but cant recall a specific  one.
I have a story about us at the Park, but thought I would put it in the Torrens and Heathfield Forum as I want to mention two people,one in particular from heathfield.

Geraldine

jim bo

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 04:40:57 PM »
[/img][/img][/img][/img]
A few more pictures houses             Jimbo

andy

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2009, 10:13:49 PM »
  sandro in sandyrow,   windsor on donegall road,  majestic lisburn rd
  apollo ormeau road.
yy u r yy u b i c u r yy 4 me

Kraffy

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2009, 02:59:55 PM »
There were nearly 50 cinemas in Belfast in the fifties heyday. I think four were bombed in the Blitz.  The
Popular was the only one rebuilt after the war. It didnt matter where one lived, you could walk to the nearest cimema in five or ten minutes.