Author Topic: UDR thread  (Read 5858 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Re: UDR thread
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2006, 12:03:18 PM »
There is no reason not to mention IRA, UVF, etc providing the posts are unbiased. It's when we get posts saying how bad the IRA or UVF are that the flame wars start. Hence my definitition of sectarianism to be anything that advocates or criticises either side. Of course these rules are open to debate. Eg. we could allow political discussions in a separate board maybe. Or we could just leave it to other forums such as DebCen.

Primarily, this is a forum for ALL the people of Belfast, and there is much more to discuss about Belfast other than its politics.I suspect most people here don't want to talk about 'the troubles'.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2006, 06:33:51 PM »
Chris

Eg. we could allow political discussions in a separate board

I have a suggestion.

On another board that I post on (A Mexican travel board  :) ) we had the same problem talking about Politics / religion.

A new section was made called "Drunken Rants, Politics, Religion & Art"---When you've had too many and you just want to get it off your chest , stick it here.

There are no holds barred conversations on that section, anything goes, and if one is squeamish , one does not enter there. :)
When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

You can speak it, but God help you if someone doesn't agree with you

Christopher

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 08:14:29 PM »
We are linking to some quality websites who are linking back to us. I feel that an anything goes, rant thread, not for the squeamish is not appropriate. We should heed Chris's comment "Primarily, this is a forum for ALL the people of Belfast, and there is much more to discuss about Belfast other than its politics.I suspect most people here don't want to talk about 'the troubles" and make every effort possible to avoid further rants.   

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 08:18:11 PM »
 ::) :-*

Twocoats

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 04:09:42 AM »
Remove anything that is sectarian or paramilitary in nature.  Good on you Chris

Addy

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 05:18:12 PM »
Sad . We the silent Majority have suffered years of mayhem for the Antics of the usual few !!! I hope that in the years to come as the Rentacrowd ( Tribal Warriors)  mature and realise that their Antics don't matter a dot in the scene of time. I hope they appreciate our attitude to their Barbaric and Uncivilised behaviour to their fellow man. We could have descended to their Primative way. I can assure you they would not have survived as long as they have,with the resultant conscilliatory treatment they now recieve !!! This comment applies to both Primative Tribes,the Blue and the Green !!  I visualise them sitting in front of their Wide screen Hd TV'S Observing with [censored] pleasure viewing the Sectarian Slaughter in Iraque muttering  " if only "  !!!  " If only " !!!! ????   :P :P ;) ;)
Cheer up !! It could be better  !!!

Christopher

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 05:52:18 PM »
I spent a few years working in the Republic of Ireland. The majority of the citizens in that part of the world had absolutely no interest in the antics that were going on here including those fighting for the so called cause. Ulstermen of both the main branches gave their lives in two World Wars for many freedoms including the freedom of speech. The Northern Ireland Secretary of State, Peter Hain, who was born almost five years after the end of WWII has been opposing that freedom to the democratically elected members of the Northern Ireland Assembly ... that's progress for you.  How much longer will the Silent Majority have to suffer? Integrated Schooling is helping slowly but surely thanks to the parents of pupils attending such schools.

Addy

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 06:27:55 PM »
In the "  scene of time "  Chris. As you will obseve with my comments, the System Rules. The few leading the many. This is the Danger. It's all  " Smoke and Mirrors " . To get us to react in the way they want us to. The Secret of a happy life is don't follow !! An Analogy. Life is a fast flowing river. There are ways to achieve the result, a Happy end in the Tranquil Ocean of Freedom and Space. The Navigation of life  is the centre current fast and furious and all the damage that it doe's  !! ?? At the Banks there are pooles of tranquility that gives you time to gather one's situation and decide on the next stage of the navigation of life. You push yourself out gently,not to far and let the current move you to the next pool of heaven. Observe the centre fast current and see the Damage it inflicks. Decide your next need,and Eddy on down to Eutopia. Life is an Attitude of Mind  ???       :) :) ;D ;D

Addy

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2006, 06:52:03 PM »
Mageeka !! Calm yourself !!! Come back and fight your corner. As the saying goes "  there are many ways to skin a cat "  !!!!

Addy

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2006, 07:04:44 PM »
Chris. As for Integrated Education. I believe in total Separation between Education and Belief Systems. Belief Schooling functions are only there to Indoctrinate to the System  !!!!  Education is a vital part of the the Systems  " Nurturing for the Future ". To Survive Belief Systems and the Enemy go hand in Hand to Exist ( This includes Uniforms.  ( System Apprentices. Tribal Identity !!!   " Feathers and Paint "   )  

Addy

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 07:30:59 PM »
Ok Chris  !! I will let you off the Hook !!! End of Spiel !!! ;D ;D ;D  :-** You're Da Boss  !!!  No Envy !!!   

brian

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2006, 08:50:10 PM »
I must have missed the UDR thread, so am unsure as to why it was felt necessary to end it/ censor it.
However, I would suggest that if a thread is becoming acrimonious, then the Admin. issues a 'soft' warning reminding people to be courteous etc, and only if the thread becomes more defamatory etc, then the Admin. allows a short period more before ending the thread.
Personally, I dont like thread being closed down, but believe the best way not to be offended by a thread is to ignore it and create a new thread.
I also hope Mageeka does not quit, as I believe we may be connected somewhere along the line through marriage!

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2006, 09:02:41 PM »
Addy

I agree with your latest posts on this topic, then you slipped over to the " Dark Side " :'(

Ok Chris  !! I will let you off the Hook !!! End of Spiel !!!        You're Da Boss  !!!  No Envy !!!    

If one does not continue to speak out about the truth, the " System " wins.

Hitler's Propaganda Minister knew that only tooo well.

"The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly...it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over."

-Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister

One should NEVER close ones eyes and brains to the  wrong doings that have been carried out in Britain and Ireland, and one should continue to "Set the record straight"----- no matter who objects.

Addy

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2006, 09:46:16 PM »
 Bloomfield. Your'e my man !!! You came up with the " Eureeka " statement. If you tell a Lie long enough,people believe it !!! The Politicians No. 1.Commandment. Have a Heart Poor Chris is walking a fine line. You have to consider his Site ??? I have been on sites,they are nonsence. Someone has to direct guide our opinions to Damage Limitation situations ??  or we move off our Battlefield and into their Terrain,they then have the advantage and we lose. They win. Freedom of Speech and Ideas is their weakness. It can't abide this Terratorial Disadvantage. They might have to change their tactics and concede something ???   !!!   ??? ???  :-*\

Christopher

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2006, 10:23:08 PM »
I'm glad you're back Addy. I have not a clue what you are on about but your messages are full of fine looking words and others seem to understand what you ean :D "Decide your next need,and Eddy on down to Eutopia. Life is an Attitude of Mind" Where's Eutopia? Is that a hotel in the Hastings group? :D