Author Topic: Old Carrick Hill photos  (Read 88066 times)

murph

Re: Old Carrick Hill photos
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2013, 11:13:32 AM »
off old lodge road boxer.sorry :-\

boxer1949

« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »
off old lodge road boxer.sorry :-\
Go to the other thread WHO DO YOU KNOW FROM CARRICK HILL THERES A FEW ON THERE

murph

« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
thanks mate

Mary Newell

« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2013, 01:05:14 PM »
hullo lilymcadan .Ilived in Fleming st .Name mary Herald.

Drewmond

« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2014, 05:47:15 PM »
Has anyone got photographs of Hanover street? I was born there in 1949 and lived there until 1959. I remember the bar at the corner called the Red House and Billy Rowans grocery shop on the Old Lodge Road. We lived next door to my grannie, she was at number 15 and we lived at number 17. I first went to the Jaffa Primary School and then to Cliftonville Primary School when the Jaffa ceased to be a primary school

seosamh

« Reply #230 on: May 14, 2014, 09:07:57 PM »
Its Carrick hill somewere thinking it was Kent St looks like StephenST in the back ground
is that scots quater in the background boxer

seosamh

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2014, 09:14:55 PM »
Hello all,
Just wanted to post a few old photos of my family taken years ago when they lived on Carrick Hill.
This was my grandfather Barney McLarnon, Undertaker, lived at 8 Trinity st. remember clare working here

My mum Claire worked as a teenager in a petrol station on Durham Street for a while.

Mum and dad dressed up for fun in the backyard of 8 Trinity St. Early 60's.

I have more old photos that I will have to scan and post up.
This is a very interesting forum. :)

seosamh

« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »
We used to call that the Bus. Then there was the Spider's Web, The Hevers, The Horse, The Sand Pit, the Slides, The Swings and who remembers the Quoits, We played at the side of the hut and at the other side we played handball.
There is a big difference between the parents all those years ago and parents now.  The park used to be full of parents watching their kids but now parents just open the door and throw the kids out.
so true st anthony,loved this playground,thing that saddens me about carrick hill, my mum and dads house was blown up in the blitz and they and my older brothers and sister were very lucky to survive with minor injuries, we were left with no memories of the family home the house was flattened with the bombing that nite not even a photo of any of them was recovered,this was the reason how we finished up in hamill st,but mum made sure we were reared as from carrick hill,their house was were the waste ground was in stanhope st

mescott

« Reply #233 on: May 15, 2014, 12:32:42 AM »
hi Tara Og
l was just glancing through the old pictures of Carrick Hill imagion my suprise my suprise to see my Father Peter Mulholland my name is Mary Scott nee Jennings nee Mulholland l would love to know if you have any other picture,s of him and would like to share them
thanks in advance      Mary scott

sassidge

« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2014, 12:59:05 PM »
Very interesting to see the old photos.
I went to St.Pat's  with some of the lads around there in the 40s
John Gillespie, Willie Duffy, John Campbell.
Happy days !

francey

« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2014, 10:33:16 PM »
seosamh   is that carrickhill/  stephen st  sorry no that is rileys court of rileys place in the markets  regards francy :)

Harrymc

« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2014, 09:45:49 AM »
                                           Cleaned up a bit great photo
That's my big brother Bill McDonald in the middle of the middle row and in the front left with all the curls is me; Harry McDonald. We lived at 38 Wall Street on the corner of Upton Street; Cissy Devine next door, then the Marleys and then the Hamills next to a bomb site on the corner of California Street.
In 1952 I was 4 and Bill was 7, so it fits. That might be Paddy Irvine on the front right.
What a scruffy. We were out in the street all hours, day and night, usually with a football game going on all the time. That's just the way it was back then; virtually no traffic.

Grannylil

« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2014, 08:01:14 PM »
Hi Harrymc!
I can name the girls in the back row of the photo. (L-R) Maureen Casey, 29 California Street, Marie & Lily Hamill, 
Wall Street. Sheila McCorry, 48 Wall Street. Also Annie Irvine Upton Street & ? Marley, Wall St. I always played with the girls in the photo, but wasn't there on the day of the photo. I may have been to visit my Mother in hospital or at the Variety market with my Granny.  I was Lilian McCullough and I lived at 50 Wall Street.

sassidge

« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2014, 10:32:08 AM »
Hi Grannylil
I have been trying to trace members of my extended family called McCullough.
Would you by any chance be related to any of the following.
Henry McCullough     born    1873
Thomas       "            "         1875
John           "             "         1878
James         "             "         1883
Joseph        "            "          1887
Julia           "             "          1890

Regards,     Sassidge

Grannylil

« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2014, 10:19:33 PM »
Hi Sassidge,
Whilst one or two of the names do feature in my family tree, I can't make a connection.  Can you tell me which County they hail from?