Author Topic: Old Carrick Hill photos  (Read 88046 times)

sassidge

Re: Old Carrick Hill photos
« Reply #240 on: September 26, 2014, 07:57:49 AM »
Hi Grannylil,
Thanks for replying,   The family was from Belfast so the county was Antrim.
They were all the children of John McCullough and Julia (nee Rodgers)
Two other sisters had emigrated to Canada.
Another sister,  Eliza was my grandmother.

Grannylil

« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2014, 10:49:16 PM »
Hi again Sassidge,

My clan are all from Armagh city.  Whilst researching my roots, I came across many McCullough families -  all with the same names running through the various branches, which is why I asked for their county of origin. Yours would appear to be from the Oldpark district and were baptised in Holy Cross.  ( I think I'm right). Good luck in your search.

sassidge

« Reply #242 on: September 27, 2014, 09:44:31 AM »
Hi Grannylil,
Many thanks for your reply.   I'm grateful for your interest.
Regards,    Sassidge.

johnmc

« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2014, 02:30:08 PM »
 :hi: hello grannylil---any relationship to mc cullough,s who lived in callan st, armagh.maybe stone masons in the
               family
                     early 1900
                                    johnmc

Grannylil

« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2014, 03:45:44 PM »
Johnmac,
Yes definite connection! Will contact you latewith details.

Grannylil

« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2014, 08:10:08 PM »
johnmc
I'm sending you a PM.

Grannylil

« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2014, 06:15:00 PM »
johnmc,

I have sent another PM to you, as I haven't had a reply to the last one sent.

Grannylil

« Reply #247 on: November 03, 2014, 03:50:58 PM »
Hi johnmc!
Got your email, at last. Just replied to it.  Hope it gets to you, this time. If you confirm, further info to follow.

Harrymc

« Reply #248 on: March 24, 2015, 04:54:31 AM »
Hi Harrymc!
I can name the girls in the back row of the photo. (L-R) Maureen Casey, 29 California Street, Marie & Lily Hamill, 
Wall Street. Sheila McCorry, 48 Wall Street. Also Annie Irvine Upton Street & ? Marley, Wall St. I always played with the girls in the photo, but wasn't there on the day of the photo. I may have been to visit my Mother in hospital or at the Variety market with my Granny.  I was Lilian McCullough and I lived at 50 Wall Street.
Sorry to take so long in replying. I remember the McCulloughs; you were only about 6 doors away from #38.
Didn't you have a dog called Paddy? He sort of belonged to the whole neighbourhood; all of the kids loved him.
Thanks for the names of the others in the photo. My brother Ray did think the the two girls at the back were the Hamill sisters. My mother and Annie Hamill were great friends. As I recall Patsy Hamill, Annie's husband, used to be a great drinking companion of Gerry Fitt, until Gerry gave up the booze.

Grannylil

« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »
Harrymc,
Good to hear from you.  I do remember you and your curly head! Dont know whatever happened to  most of them in the photo.  All except Sheila McCorry (RIP). Her neice, Gorettia McGeown (I think) told me recently on this forum, of her passing.  I also know that Maureen Casey has also passed away (RIP). I do believe that Lily & Marie Hamill went to live in England about 1969.
By the way, Paddy the dog belonged to the McCorry's who lived at number 48.  I wrongly told Gorettia, recently that his name was "Snowy".  My old memory is not what it used to be. Both my brother, John and sister Margaret have passed away.
Although my forum name is "Grannylil", I am actually a Great-granny! Still I think it's ok to cheat a little bit!

Cavehill5

« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2019, 12:23:10 AM »
hi  beller
james tumelty and martha tumelty were my aunt & uncle martha tumelty  nee  flanagan  was my dad's sister     ourjoe
my brother married to Gerildean Tumelty

ourjoe

« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2019, 10:36:01 PM »
Yes  beller  Geraldine Tumelty is my cousin living up here in the turf..
i hear you knocking  but you can't come in

EmileTum

Old Carrick Hill photos
« Reply #252 on: October 13, 2019, 06:43:11 PM »
Hi Steve,
A guy I work with sent me the pictures so I checked with him and he said hes had them so long he doesnt remember where he got them.  If he does, hell see what he can find out and pass the info to me.  Sorry I couldnt be more help.