Author Topic: graveyard  (Read 1124 times)

j

graveyard
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:37:59 PM »
hi
can anyone tell me where members of the RICHVIEW PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH Donegall pass/pembroke street would be buried

thanks
MOORE,SMALLWOODS-LONDONDERRY
BARR,STEWART,CROTHERS-BELFAST

eddiec

Re: graveyard
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 10:01:31 PM »
It would depend on the time frame... most likley in the City Cemetery.

Have a read through the Belfast Cemeteries thread on this board which discussed something similar http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,910.0.html
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

j

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 10:08:28 PM »
thanks

probabaly early 1900. is there any sort of index list on burials in this cemetery

many thanks again
j
MOORE,SMALLWOODS-LONDONDERRY
BARR,STEWART,CROTHERS-BELFAST

eddiec

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 10:31:35 PM »
I dont think there is any published index but if you have a name and approximate date they should be able to help

City Cemetery, Falls Road, Belfast
Tel : 028 9032 0202
[email protected]
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2006, 10:01:56 AM »
Eddie I've looked at your answer a couple of times and feel you are probably right about the City Cemetery. I presume many of those in East Belfast would have been buried at Dundonald. However, I'm wondering if people from country areas had come to Belfast to live and work might they possibly have been buried in a family grave somewhere near the place they were born and reared?   

eddiec

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2006, 12:12:42 PM »
Chris... I did say most likely... especially as there was no date given... but yes... in that time period peolpe did get buried "at home" if there was a family plot somewhere...

The first burial in Dundonald was 1905 and that became the main cemetery for those in East Belfast until the opening of Roselawn... but Richview is in South Belfast and its membership would have come from the local area. Its also possible some were buried in Milltown!!