Author Topic: Crimea Street Belfast  (Read 8994 times)

Big Stevie

Crimea Street Belfast
« on: October 13, 2008, 10:08:58 PM »
My Mother came from Crimea Street in the Shankill area, she left in the early 60's when she met my old man who was from Glasgow.

Any posters on here from Crimea Street or the surrounding area, her name was Betty Lang.

forever_a_shankill_girl

Re: Crimea Street Belfast
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 12:50:22 PM »

Hi Stevie

My granny came from Crimea St and her family still lived there into the 70's; their surname was Scott. I can remember her brother Arder (Arthur) and sister Sarah still living in the family home when I was a youngster.
never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!

murph

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »
hi shankill girl wat u call the st the cop shop is in
just down from l.way ?

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 02:45:11 PM »

Hi Murph....that would be Tennet Street.

murph

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:45 AM »
Hi Murph....that would be Tennet Street.
just wasn't sure shankill girl i have family
lives there you might no them ?

DOFFER

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 09:19:48 PM »
USED TO KNOW A LAD DAVID NIELL IN CRIMEA ST AND THE FLEMING BROTHERS
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

forever_a_shankill_girl

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 07:53:31 AM »
just wasn't sure shankill girl i have family
lives there you might no them ?

Haven't lived on the road for 7yrs now but I might know them...what's their names?

wilson

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 01:49:57 PM »
USED TO KNOW A LAD DAVID NIELL IN CRIMEA ST AND THE FLEMING BROTHERS
I remember Davy Neil, I went to school with him, but was it the dad or the son you knew?

DOFFER

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 07:38:25 PM »
I remember Davy Neil, I went to school with him, but was it the dad or the son you knew?

THE DAVY NIEL I KNEW HIS FATHER WAS DEAD BUT I THINK YOU MAY MEAN HIS UNCLE DAVY ,AS HE LIVED WITH HIS MOTHER AND UNCLE  SECOND DOOR BELOW BLANEY ST IN THE 1950S ,,,LAST SAW YOUNGER DAVY ABOUT 1956,
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

manitoba

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 10:49:25 PM »
My aunt FLorie and uncle Andy Henry lived at 161 Crimea st. I think they moved out in the late 70's

wilson

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 11:08:35 PM »

THE DAVY NIEL I KNEW HIS FATHER WAS DEAD BUT I THINK YOU MAY MEAN HIS UNCLE DAVY ,AS HE LIVED WITH HIS MOTHER AND UNCLE  SECOND DOOR BELOW BLANEY ST IN THE 1950S ,,,LAST SAW YOUNGER DAVY ABOUT 1956,
Then it was the dad of the Davy neil i knew, he would be about 49 now, the 1 ur talking about his wife was shot, they klived further down Crimea st

DOFFER

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2012, 11:12:33 PM »
Then it was the dad of the Davy neil i knew, he would be about 49 now, the 1 ur talking about his wife was shot, they klived further down Crimea st

THE DAVY I KNEW WOULD BE AROUND MY AGE IN HIS 70S  I KNEW HIM AT SCHOOL AND JUST AFTER , I WAS NOT AWARE HIS WIFE WAS SHOT HOW SAD IS THAT ,,,,,,I LEFT BELFAST 1957 SO NEVER SAW DAVY AGAIN NOR DID I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM AFTER THAT TIME ,I REMEMBER HE WAS A HANDSOME LAD ,

our bobby

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 04:20:21 AM »
I lived in 28 Crimea street ,Shankill girl I know your family they lived two doors above my Granda #36.  Arthur and Bobby Scott were in the Salisbury Linfield supporters with my Dad and I. I remember Sarah and was your Granny,s name Jean ( married name Lucas) ?   According to my Aunt ( still alive here in Canada, ) she will be 90 on July 29th. who lived in #36, your Great Grandmother made the best soup in the street . Bobby lived in one of the Wilton Squares N/S Arthur and Sarah never married as far as I know.

wilson

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »

THE DAVY I KNEW WOULD BE AROUND MY AGE IN HIS 70S  I KNEW HIM AT SCHOOL AND JUST AFTER , I WAS NOT AWARE HIS WIFE WAS SHOT HOW SAD IS THAT ,,,,,,I LEFT BELFAST 1957 SO NEVER SAW DAVY AGAIN NOR DID I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM AFTER THAT TIME ,I REMEMBER HE WAS A HANDSOME LAD ,
Can i ask u what ur name is, my mum is around ur age, and she came from Crimea st, her cousins also lived there, and moved to Canada 47 years ago xx

Crimean

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 08:57:39 PM »
Our Bobby. Bobby Glencross ?   Hope you are well. Remember Belas shop ?