Author Topic: Crimea Street Belfast  (Read 8957 times)

DOFFER

Re: Crimea Street Belfast
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 10:22:37 PM »
Can i ask u what ur name is, my mum is around ur age, and she came from Crimea st, her cousins also lived there, and moved to Canada 47 years ago xx

hi wilson,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i never lived in crimea but knew people from the area ,  when i lived belfast nmy name was marg rankin from harrison st ,
sorry delay in reply but just noticed this thread again ,,,,,,,,,,i knew the Young family from meenan st ,,,,,,,think thats how its spelt ?
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says 'Oh [censored] shes awake!!'

our bobby

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 07:08:49 PM »
Our Bobby. Bobby Glencross ?   Hope you are well. Remember Belas shop ?

Welcome to the Forum "Crimean" yes to both questions that is my name, sisters Eileen and Vera, and I remember Bella's shop well. Did you live in the bottom end below Riga street ?

Crimean

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »
You were one of the big boys Bobby.  Thomas McMullan, DiggerWhiteside etc.   Followed you guys about.   Remember your sisters well.  Belas oldest grandson.  Still live in NI.  You in Canada?  Saw your post with picture of Argyle PS. Good you replied .   You well?

harrydunn

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 10:56:19 PM »
my Aunt & uncle & 2 cousins live in Moscow St, in house on corner of Riga St.

our bobby

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2013, 03:08:25 AM »
You were one of the big boys Bobby.  Thomas McMullan, DiggerWhiteside etc.   Followed you guys about.   Remember your sisters well.  Belas oldest grandson.  Still live in NI.  You in Canada?  Saw your post with picture of Argyle PS. Good you replied .   You well?

John Anderson , am I right,? do you remember Robert Irvine, Stanley White, Bruce Carlisle, some more of the big boys. and Johnny and Ricky Gray, Johnny would be your age ? If I am right your Mammy was Dolly and your Daddy was a coalman. I remember your younger brother Arthur. I am writeing all this and I could be mistaken about who you are. Let Me know.

our bobby

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 03:15:50 AM »
my Aunt & uncle & 2 cousins live in Moscow St, in house on corner of Riga St.

Hi Harry, The Quinn's lived on one side had two kids, and the Magee.s lived on the other side had two kids. If your cousins are the Magee's  Sydney introduced me and Ruby, about 50 years ago. 48th Wedding Anniversary in September

harrydunn

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 03:15:11 PM »

Hi Harry, The Quinn's lived on one side had two kids, and the Magee.s lived on the other side had two kids. If your cousins are the Magee's  Sydney introduced me and Ruby, about 50 years ago. 48th Wedding Anniversary in September
Hi Bobby not Magee's, my Fathers Brother Andy wife Maisey two Daughters Helen & Joan Dunn, moved 1950s to Woodvale Road then to Bangor, still keep in touch with Helen living in Bangor.

harrydunn

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 03:17:38 PM »
Hi Bobby not Magee's, my Fathers Brother Andy wife Maisey two Daughters Helen & Joan Dunn, moved 1950s to Woodvale Road then to Bangor, still keep in touch with Helen living in Bangor. I went to Sunday School in Trinity Mission my Sunday School teacher was Susan Scott from lwr Riga Street a lovely girl, became a Church Missionary.

Redcavalier

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2014, 08:57:07 PM »
My grandparents called Murphy lived in Crimea st near a wee corner shop. Does anyone know which number they lived in.

sonofshanks

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
My grandparents called Murphy lived in Crimea st near a wee corner shop. Does anyone know which number they lived in.

There is a Murphy A (painter) listed in the Belfast Street Directory at 179 Crimea Street.
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

Redcavalier

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »
Any more info on this? I tried to get more on this but could'nt.

Sean Thompson

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »
Hello
My name is Sean. I have been researching my dad's side of the family. The Thompson's.
This is reaching way back but my Great Grandfather (John Thompson) and Great Grandmother Ellen Thompson (nee Mitchell) lived at 99 Crimea St. from at least 1915 until Ellen died in 1926.
John was a cabinet maker and/or joinder.
In 1911 they lived on Killarney Street in the Court Ward. So, they moved to Crimea after 1911.
They had a number of children-I know for sure of-Jane, Henry, John, Elennor, Kathleen, Violet. In 1915, when John enlisted in the 16th Royal Irish Rifles, he also listed a daughter Ruth (4) and William (1.5 yrs).
Henry enlisted and fought in France with the Kings Own Royal Lancaster Regt from 1916-1919. In July of 1920, he married Margaret/Maggie Stewart at St Matthews Church in the Shankill. Henry was my Grandfather.
Just wondering if anyone remembers the Thompson's on Crimea.
Cheers
Sean

Billy Mcc

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2019, 06:49:47 AM »
I lived next door No. 30 with my grandmother Nelly Crockard until  1968, I then left Belfast and went to England.

our bobby

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2019, 03:51:36 PM »
HI Billy , I know all your Family very well, your younger brother Davy ,and all your aunts and uncles, your Uncle Davy and Uncle John tinkered about and fixed motorbikes.. Andy was a few years older than me and Jeannie a year younger..I remember you and Davy were very close in age and always played together, are you still close ?is he in England? I left Belfast in 1967, so you would have been quite young then..
All the best Billy , it was good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

Billy Mcc

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2019, 08:56:59 AM »
HI Billy , I know all your Family very well, your younger brother Davy ,and all your aunts and uncles, your Uncle Davy and Uncle John tinkered about and fixed motorbikes.. Andy was a few years older than me and Jeannie a year younger..I remember you and Davy were very close in age and always played together, are you still close ?is he in England? I left Belfast in 1967, so you would have been quite young then..
All the best Billy , it was good to hear from you. Keep in touch.
Hi Bobby, I live close to the city of Chester and Davy lives outside of Liverpool we meet up regularly at family gatherings. My mum died last July she was 86, John,Andy & Jean live in Carrickfergus but the rest of the family have passed on. We, my wife and I visit Carrickfergus  once a year and always enjoy remembering old times with the family. Regards to all.