Author Topic: Flat in Belfast  (Read 4670 times)

sjav23

Flat in Belfast
« on: October 18, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
Hi! I would like also to look for a good, comfortable and clean flat in Belfast, possibly near in Clarendon House. I would be moving to Belfast early next year for work (2-year contract). Could you give me an idea on how far does 200-300 monthly rent look like?

eddiec

Re: Flat in Belfast
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:29:57 AM »
Welcome to the Forum sjav23

There was a house going for rent on the Newtownards Road near Holywood Arches... I saw the notice in the window this morning... the monthly rent was 650.

Clarendon Dock is an expensive part of town as far as I recollect...

You might want to read this thread http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1320.0.html as it will give you a few links which you will probably find useful to check out...
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:57:21 AM »
Hiya sjav,

Welcome to Belfast Forum.

Good man Eddie, That's the way to do it :D You could be right on the rental. I phoned Les earlier. He thought if sjav considered looking at ads for Flat Sharing 200 - 300 would be about right. Sjav you need to register on the Flat Sharing website (click on the blue letters to see it). There are pictures of the accommodation and probably profiles of the people who are looking for a flatmate.

Chris

sjav23

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 07:58:33 AM »
Thanks for the replies. They are of huge help.

I already registered myself with the flat sharing site. I would like to know the nearest place near Clarendon House that most likely have several flats/rooms to let. I have tried to search and look at the google map to know the distance between two places, having Clarendon House as reference point, though not so satisfied with how really it looks.

Also, what does BT1, BT2, etc stand for? Does it follow if you live on BT20, you are most likely farther than when you are in BT19, having BT1 as my point of reference?  I apologise if I don't know this since I have never been to Belfast.

One more thing, how far is North, West and East Belfast to Clarendon? I have seen places to let and their addresses are North, West, East Belfast which I am not familiar really of. Can you name places which you think new faces/comers must avoid due to security purposes, whatsoever?

Thanks!

Christopher

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 09:11:55 AM »
Hiya sjav,

The BT numbers are postal district numbers. The higher the number the further from the city centre which is BT1. I've worked in all areas of Belfast, the north of Ireland and for that matter Ireland in my time as a commercial traveller and then worked with the publicity unit of a travelling circus. There are not many places a newcomer need avoid. Belfast is similar to any other city in Britain or Ireland. Generally if you don't go looking for trouble then you should have no worries.

Right .. you have the google map so a rough guide .. North Belfast is the Antrim Road , Cavehill Road, Cliftonville Road and Shore Road area; South Belfast is Ormeau and Ravenhill; East Belfast is Newtownards Road, Upper Newtownards Road, Castlereagh and Cregagh Roads and West Belfast is the Andersonstown Road, Falls Road, Glen Road and Shankill Road.

I'm not quite certain of the location of Clarendon House. Could you give a more precise address please?

All the Best, Chris 

sjav23

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 09:58:58 AM »
Thanks for the inputs Chris!

The exact address is 23 Clarendon House, Clarendon Road, BT1 3BG if I remember it right.

Where do you think is much nearer to the place with tose Roads you mentioned in your previous reply.

Regards!

Mr Bounce

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 01:00:50 PM »
a good resource ive found

http://belfast.gumtree.com/

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:28 AM »
I've linked the Flat in Belfast thread on the Belfast Chat board to this thread as there's a bit more information there.