Author Topic: 2nd Nov Homecoming Parade  (Read 14755 times)

cooleman

2nd Nov Homecoming Parade
« on: October 23, 2008, 08:38:59 AM »
Are any forum members going into town to welcome home the brave men & women who have served in Irish Regiments whilst on UN approved operations in afghanistan.Personally looking forward to it,as it is not often you get to show your appreciation to the Troops.
Faugh A Ballagh

Marye

Re: 2nd Nov Homecoming Parade
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »
Cooleman, I'm going into town to join one of the protests against the murder by British and American troops of innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq.  There isn't a day that goes by without some innocent civilian getting shot or blown to kingdom come by these warmongers.  Only yesterday British soldiers shot dead a man on a bicycle because he was peddling in their direction.

No to war in Afghanistan and IRAQ.

This not stirring it's just afact that can't be ignored.

Loiste na mona

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 11:36:02 AM »
Cooleman, I'm going into town to join one of the protests against the murder by British and American troops of innocent civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq.  There isn't a day that goes by without some innocent civilian getting shot or blown to kingdom come by these warmongers.  Only yesterday British soldiers shot dead a man on a bicycle because he was peddling in their direction.

No to war in Afghanistan and IRAQ.

This not stirring it's just afact that can't be ignored.
i will also be protesting about the illegal and unjust war.

debisioux

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 12:22:42 PM »
There's no doubt that it is a war that shouldn't have happened, but our troops did what they had to do. I doubt very much that any one of them enjoyed being there in Iraq & Afghanistan, watching people die. They signed up to do a job to protect their country, to protect the liberties that WE ( that means YOU too) take for granted.
If at all possible I will be there to show my gratitude to them. O0

Don't forget that it was the warmongers in America that started this and if British & Irish troops hadn't gone with America to Iraq & Afghanistan then WE would also have been attacked by the US. Not a good situation but if you need to vent anger at anyone vent it at the US idiot president. Not the very people who made sure your bed was a safe one to lie in at night!!

billyghoti

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 12:59:50 PM »
While the war in Iraq should never have taken place, there is a very good case for the action in Afghanistan.  It is after all a UN operation  ... BG

Shinners again show they are bitter infants

By Kevin Myers

Wednesday October 22 2008

All good men and women should rejoice at the decision of the Shinners to have counter-marches in Belfast to greet the return of the Royal Irish Regiment from active service in Afghanistan. I'm only sorry that I can't be there on the street, applauding them for their honesty and their decency in revealing, yet again, what a shower of pitiful and bitter infants they actually are.

And dear God, to think these people, not so long ago, were killing left, right and centre, and using the same moral compass that now causes them to protest at the return of Irish soldiers from UN-authorised duties fighting Islamo-fascists.

I imagine the debate preceding the decision to have counter-marches against the Royal Irish was probably conducted with the same intellectual gravity that the Shinners' forefathers had shown before throwing in their lot with Hitler.

If something is Brit, it's bad. Hence the Nazi agents being smuggled into Ireland with IRA assistance: hence the IRA lighting fires on the Black Mountain to guide Nazi bombers to Belfast; hence IRA U-boat missions to Ireland -- all in all, the Shinners' contribution to the Final Solution. And the Shinners can't say that all this was just part of a confused and ignorant past, because until recently, before someone cut it down, they continued to have annual commemorations at the statue of Sean Russell, the Nazi stooge who died in on his way to further the aims of the Third Reich in Ireland.

Grateful

Now, I confess, I'm profoundly grateful to the Shinner leadership that they've stopped killing people, even though I really don't know why they've done that, any more than I understand why they thought they had the right to start killing people in the first place. But there you are: having Shinners about the place is rather like having a demented uncle in the attic. You've no idea when he's going to stop knitting tea-cosies and instead, reach for the carving knife and resume his feud with the neighbours.

The timing and the reason are for him to decide, though not to explain; for no explanation is possible. And I have to say, that if the mad uncle in the attic is going to expend his energies complaining about Irish soldiers serving in Afghanistan, that's a considerable improvement on what he was doing before, which was murdering them in their homes.

Of course, it is irrelevant that in my lifetime there has barely been a more lawful war than that in Afghanistan: it is being fought on a UN mandate against an enemy which is an active ally of al-Qai'da. We know the calibre of this enemy; we know his project; it was encapsulated by the murder of Gayle Williams, the British aid worker who was assassinated the other day in Kabul, and by the regular murder of little girls in Talmand province who are guilty of the heinous crime of being able to spell. And of course, to remind you all, these were the fine people behind 9/11.

What I'd really, really like to do is to put some Afghan women democrats in the same room as a group of Shinners, and to get the latter to outline their position on Afghanistan to the former. Similarly, I'd love to have got the Shinners of yesteryear to sit down with a train-load of Jews bound for Auschwitz and explain to them why they supported the Nazis.

Or equally, I would love to have heard Mary Lou McDonald, MEP for Dublin, get up in the European Parliament and explain why three years ago she gave the annual oration at the statue to Sean Russell, the Nazi collaborator.

Ah well. It is not to be: alas, life is full of such little disappointments. And another little disappointment is that the general furore over the US presidential election means the US media are unlikely to notice that Sinn Fein is now taking an effectively pro-Taliban, pro-al-Qai'da stance. At least, the Shinners have sought permission from the Parades Commission to have their anti-Royal Irish march. Dissident republicans (who actually are visitors from the planet Zog) have announced that since they don't recognise the Parades Commission, they're not going to seek permission to have their Royal Irish counter-marches, and they're just going to go ahead with them anyway.

Which of course makes their marches illegal: and you can be reasonably sure that if the peelers enforce the law against the loonies from Zog, then the other Shinners, their slightly less demented cousins from Xog, will revert to type and start complaining about police brutality. But I suppose, at one level, one can understand the position the mad Zog-Xog family are in. The Provisional IRA has largely disarmed, though it prides itself on being an undefeated army: yet here the Shinners will see the British army marching through the streets of Belfast, thereby reminding people what an undefeated army really looks like, and worse, how utterly pointless the IRA war really was.

INDO

debisioux

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »
And of course, to remind you all, these were the fine people behind 9/11

INDO

Great post BG apart from the above quote. Bush was behind 9/11.... most of the thinking world knows it these days. Many Americans are only starting to catch on now.

billyghoti

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 01:23:01 PM »

Great post BG apart from the above quote. Bush was behind 9/11.... most of the thinking world knows it these days. Many Americans are only starting to catch on now.

Are you saying most Americans are stupid?

debisioux

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 01:30:41 PM »
Most definitely not BG. But they DO live in a society that controls media, like it or not, aware of it or not.
The towers were rigged to the hilt with explosives, Bush's brother was in charge of security of the towers until the day before it happened. A plane hit the empire state building in the 50's.  yet it didn't come crumbling down like the 3 buildings did on 9/11.
A Google search for Rob Newman's History of Oil and also search for Loose Change documentaries would go into much more detail than I ever could.
Several American citizens visiting the UK have had their eyes opened by how much information we have here on 9/11.....information they are not privy to in the US.

billyghoti

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 01:47:28 PM »
Most definitely not BG. But they DO live in a society that controls media, like it or not, aware of it or not.
The towers were rigged to the hilt with explosives, Bush's brother was in charge of security of the towers until the day before it happened. A plane hit the empire state building in the 50's.  yet it didn't come crumbling down like the 3 buildings did on 9/11.
A Google search for Rob Newman's History of Oil and also search for Loose Change documentaries would go into much more detail than I ever could.
Several American citizens visiting the UK have had their eyes opened by how much information we have here on 9/11.....information they are not privy to in the US.

;D  :D  ;D

Debbiesioux, the plane that hit the Empire State Building in 1945, http://history1900s.about.com/od/1940s/a/empirecrash.htm, wasn't the size of the passenger jets, nor travelling at the speed of the passenger jets that hit in 2001.  Nor did it have the same quantity of fuel on board.

It's a pity that Americans don't have access to the Internet, then they would all have the same information we have.  ;)

I wonder why the Bush's haven't been charged with some crime or other?  Perhaps there's no evidence against them?

debisioux

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 02:03:49 PM »
BG work away there.

I have my views AND proofs...you reckon you have yours. Fair enough. The truth will come out. Sarcasm isn't conducive.
I happen to have inside information from the pentagon due to a family member as well as a journalist contact in the US. The election process going on over there is also not what it seems. It is well and truly rigged.

billyghoti

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 02:18:54 PM »
BG work away there.

I have my views AND proofs...you reckon you have yours. Fair enough. The truth will come out. Sarcasm isn't conducive.
I happen to have inside information from the pentagon due to a family member as well as a journalist contact in the US. The election process going on over there is also not what it seems. It is well and truly rigged.

Debbiesioux, if you have your "proof" of the suggestions, why has nothing been done about the allegations?  You aren't the only one with the proof of crimes having being committed.  And if you have proof of such crime, why have you not made the information available to the American authorities, or even the press?

What sarcasm?  The information we in the UK and the rest of the world have available, is also available to every American with access to the internet.  So why is there not  huge protest at criminals getting away with mass murder?  Especially whith one of the perps being the President?  Can you think of any reason why the press or even the FBI, would not raise the subject for public discussion or trial?  They are bound to be able to get at least one lawyer who would be willing to bring a case to court.  As I said, perhaps there isn't sufficient proof/evidence to bring to a court?

If the election process is rigged, I'm sure at least one newspaper will bring it to the attention of the world in due course.

BTW, I don't reckon I have any "proof" of anything.  I reckon I know only what we have been told and what has been reported on UK TV through several documentary programmes, in newspapers and in magazine articles since 9/11 happened.  None of them have accused George Bush or his brother.  They have all debunked the conspiracy theories of the buildings being deliberately demolished.  Though I must admit to having some doubts about the explanation given for the 757 disappearing through a doorway at the Pentagon without damaging the door frame.  It just doesn't seem right somehow.

Marye

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 02:21:21 PM »
Them darned yanks have just blown up a school in Pakistan and murdered at least another 8 innocent children.  Two missiles hit the school, fired from unmanned drones. Another illegal act on an independent nation. >:( >:(

debisioux

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 02:36:48 PM »
Debbiesioux, if you have your "proof" of the suggestions, why has nothing been done about the allegations?  You aren't the only one with the proof of crimes having being committed.  And if you have proof of such crime, why have you not made the information available to the American authorities, or even the press?

Wake up and smell the coffee dude. The American govt were behind 9/11. So they're going to do something about it when people go running and report them to themselves ? Yeah right.
Bush wanted Iraq's oil, Iraq refused and the US had no other means of justification to go to war with them so 9/11 happened and Iraq got the blame , hence the uninformed got behind the war against Iraq. British & American military presence has been in Basra since WW2.
If Pentagon high ranking staff can confirm the 9/11 fiasco was done by the US Govt, that's a pretty good start.

harrydunn

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 02:48:32 PM »
You seem to be forgetting The Pentagon was also hit, it seems illogical that the perpetrators would have S### in their own nest.

debisioux

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 02:52:42 PM »
Yes Harry I know it DOES seem illogical, but that part of the Pentagon hit was not in use and the fact that the Pentagon was hit made it look even more like a terrorist attack.
I believe this debate has been had elsewhere on the forum, the original intent of this thread was about a homecoming parade for the brave men & women who have fought in a war.