Author Topic: 2nd Nov Homecoming Parade  (Read 14757 times)

harrydunn

Re: 2nd Nov Homecoming Parade
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »
Your'e quite right about our brave service men & women I and my family will certainly be going out to show them our gratitude.

billyghoti

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 03:13:45 PM »

Wake up and smell the coffee dude. The American govt were behind 9/11.
If Pentagon high ranking staff can confirm the 9/11 fiasco was done by the US Govt, that's a pretty good start.

Well it would be if they ever get round to doing that.  I'm sure the Supreme Court would be very interested to listen to what they had to say, along with the Washington Post, The Sun, NBC and the BBC.

If there is evidence of mass murder, why is no one on Death Row?

Christopher

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
A discussion about the rights and wrongs of 9/11 has naff all to do with the Homecoming Parade in Belfast. We should be celebrating and welcoming  the return of men & women who did their duty in their chosen career and served in Irish Regiments whilst on UN approved operations in Afghanistan.

debisioux

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 03:34:09 PM »
You are quite right Christopher. I stated that fact in my last post.  O0

carbolicsoap

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 04:31:34 PM »
Are any forum members going into town to welcome home the brave men & women who have served in Irish Regiments whilst on UN approved operations in afghanistan.Personally looking forward to it,as it is not often you get to show your appreciation to the Troops.
Faugh A Ballagh

I agree.I shall be there to show my appreciation. O0

cooleman

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 05:00:55 PM »
In no way do i want to get involved in a slanging match on this forum,BUT to those who feel the need to protest & i agree that they are well within their democaratic rights to do so,would the protest not serve more purpose if held at the Amercan Consulate,Hillsborough Castle or Lisburn army GHQ rather than on the streets of Belfast & in the presence of family members who have lost loved ones also.

Anyway my take on the day is as follows, between 500/700 protestors will be held in & around primark behind psni lines for their own safety as a group of between 3000/4000 will be hell bent on ensuring that the protest does not come into contact with the troops on parade.All of which will of course be beamed around the world on news channels showing us up as the stupid intolerant paddy's that deep down we all are.Hope im wrong but we all know the way things work in our wee country.

EllCee

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 05:14:23 PM »
Re the Parades Commission:

A circus has been reported to Northern Ireland's Parades Commission for leading elephants through a street in Bangor, County Down.

Alexander Scholl from the Sydney Circus said the elephants were being exercised last week when the police arrived and told him to put them back in a trailer.

He said he had never heard of the commission and that the elephants had been welcomed everywhere else.

The PSNI confirmed they had reported the circus to the parades body.

"With all the other towns it wasn't a problem - we would just bring the elephants wherever we went, bring them through the town," said Alexander Scholl, who is from Germany despite the circus's Antipodean origins.

'Illegal'

"But this time in Bangor the police stopped us and told us to put the elephants back in the trailer. The officer said 'you cannot do this - this is an illegal parade'.

"I didn't understand what he meant, we've always been welcome everywhere else, so we put the elephants in the trailer and brought them back to the show."

The Parades Commission was set up in 1997 to make decisions on whether or not restrictions should be imposed on controversial parades during Northern Ireland's marching season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/h...thern_ireland/7682175.stm

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Christopher

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 05:33:34 PM »
What have you done with that link Les ??? It doesn't work 8)

Try the one  on the Idiotic and Interfering Officialdom Stories thread.

I've checked it and it's working OK

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1627.121.html

What time does the Homecoming Parade take place and what route does if follow ???

twocoats

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
You are right about the protesters Cooleman. They have the right to be there.

The reason they have the right to be there is because men and women, such as the ones they are protesting against, fought and died in war after war to secure that right.

Coats O0
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

EllCee

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 05:36:22 PM »
Quite right Chris.  I can't alter the original, so the correct link is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/northern_ireland/7682175.stm

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Marye

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 05:49:59 PM »
Anyway my take on the day is as follows, between 500/700 protestors will be held in & around primark behind psni lines for their own safety as a group of between 3000/4000 will be hell bent on ensuring that the protest does not come into contact with the troops on parade.All of which will of course be beamed around the world on news channels showing us up as the stupid intolerant paddy's that deep down we all are.Hope im wrong but we all know the way things work in our wee country.

I hope for a peaceful outcome to the day, but you may be underestimating the numbers of protesters.  There is more than one protest.  Sinn Fein have applied to the Parades Commission for theirs, but eirigi haven't nor have the IRSP who are playing their cards close to their chests, and haven't announced any details on their protest..  Eirigi have buses coming from all over for their protest. Then there is the protests by anarchists and anti-war groups, these are all different protests over awide area of Belfast city centre.

debisioux

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
You are right about the protesters Cooleman. They have the right to be there.

The reason they have the right to be there is because men and women, such as the ones they are protesting against, fought and died in war after war to secure that right.

Coats O0

PRECISELY. But oh , how they forget  ::)

EllCee

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 05:58:47 PM »
And it has been mentioned on U105 News that the soldiers have been strongly supported by people in the loyalist areas and many are expected to turn out to continue that support.

Perhaps if there had been no objections, it would have passed off with no one noticing it even happened.

twocoats

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »
There is more than one protest.  Sinn Fein have applied to the Parades Commission for theirs,

I may be wrong and an exile but isn't Sein Fein part of the Government of Northern Ireland.

It would have been a shame if the British Government under Churchill were to have led a protest against their own troops coming home after winning the war in Europe. A victory that earned you all the right to have your protests.
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

Himself

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 06:08:26 PM »
Re the Parades Commission:

A circus has been reported to Northern Ireland's Parades Commission for leading elephants through a street in Bangor, County Down.
<>
"But this time in Bangor the police stopped us and told us to put the elephants back in the trailer. The officer said 'you cannot do this - this is an illegal parade'.
<>

The Parades Commission was set up in 1997 to make decisions on whether or not restrictions should be imposed on controversial parades during Northern Ireland's marching season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/h...thern_ireland/7682175.stm

Oddly enough Les that's the key to the whole thing.    Governmental intent to bring order to chaos is easily done when the government creates the chaos to start with.   People will back what they are sold as a "great solution" to a perceived problem  then once the law is passed we all get to wonder HOW or WHY such a ridiculous thing was ever allowed.  The parades commission was "NEVER" about  parades, It was always about crowd control and making it illegal to gather in numbers on the streets.  Any doubts on that, you need only examine the legislation they passed, the expected inch was most clearly a mile and needed something to wrap it up in to pass it, cause from day one that legislation made it very clear that it would be potentially illegal for a large family to meet in the street !

Our kith and Kin may well be returning from fighting a war on terror, but the truth of the matter is that the terror they are fighting is a fiction,  The only incidents that are waved at us are 911 and 7-7, both have long since been shown to be misleading and while there can be no disputing that both events where horrific, the reality is that people just don't want to know when all the proof is laid out for them to see.  

People are much happier living in their bubbles, happy with Jesus, happy with governments, happy that people are being slaughtered in their name as long as they don't have to hear about it.

Our brave what? soldiers?  Brave is it?, According to them, they are workers doing a high risk job for money, times changed. There are soldiers suing this week, because a plane they were in got shot down by the opposition and burst into flames....

Family's deserve the right to welcome home their heros,  The larger public deserve the right to know we are at war because we cannot survive without oil and  rightly or wrongly have constantly had soldiers on the ground out there since 1945 fighting to keep a grip on that oil supply.

There are only two ways governments can get people to listen.. One is education and the other is provide an attrocity for everyone to react too.   Education doesn't work, shall we prove that?  Ok  then for those who have never encountered any of this, here's a link to a hard hitting satire that's entirely factual and verifiable..
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5267640865741878159.   If education works, then you will all know more from watching that, however, statistically most people won't.  it's therefore easier for a government to stage an incident  and ride the waves of the knee jerk reactions to pass laws or go to war dependent on what they require at the time.    Since peak oil has been and gone, we need a war to corner a share of whats left, and apparently we need laws that make it illegal to gather in numbers to object to the totally erosion of civil liberty.

Welcome back soldiers fighting a dirty war..   A proper welcome them is in order, they have not been out fighting terrorists, they have been out invading an oil rich country to keep us all in the style we are accustom too.  Our Invasion force have returned from a job well done...  No shame in that... except Joe Public dosn't want to hear we are the invaders, nor hear that our lifestyle and economy is dependent on that oil...   Far quicker to just paint it all as use fighting back against "terrorists"

odd.. 30 years of it here and people are quick to forget that the "rebels" fighting oppression from both sides, are what the government called terrorists.    and since the NI rebels have shook hands, the damn government has TERRORIZED this land with hamstrung laws that stop everything !  

There is no war on terror. there's just our oil invasion of iraq.. if the soldiers comming home want a pat on the back for a job well done, then they deserve it. provided it's for the INVASION JOB they went out there to do and not the media hype about fighting terrorists that never existed !