Author Topic: Congrats to Sanchez!  (Read 1617 times)

cos

Congrats to Sanchez!
« on: October 18, 2006, 07:16:42 PM »
The humble 6 of 9 are now ranked above the 26 counties of Ireland  in world football! After the stick our local press gave Lawrie I hope they enjoy eating their words.He has motivated second rate players (mostly) into giving first rate performances.

eastender

Re: Congrats to Sanchez!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:01:19 PM »
cos,

Agreed!  I know I was skeptical when he was appointed. He has done a great job. 8)
People want to know how much you care, before they care how much you know.

ulsterstan

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 09:42:44 PM »
Tough job , this new guy the 'Gers  have   is having a tough time and wee Gordie Strachan seems to be doing ok with Celtic  but it takes the players to win games and Sanchez seems to have some pretty good guys now.     
Stan Sloan.

eastender

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 09:55:14 PM »
y'know Stan,

I think in a way, his job is easier than the England manager's. Most of the time Sanchez doesn't even have 1 player to play a certain position, so he puts in what he has as a filler. Now, that player and most others feel secure enough that even if they make a mistake, they'll probably stay on the pitch.

On the other hand, the England manager has about 5 possible players for each position. Can you imaging the pressure that puts on the starting player and manager. The player's thinkin, "One mistake and I'll get yanked." That's a lotta pressure and then they're expected to win every match too.  :o :o

But, we all feel for them - right?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
People want to know how much you care, before they care how much you know.

ulsterstan

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 05:36:55 PM »
True enough and I see McLarnen  is  saying  he might consider calling Beckham up again  but i  notice in games i see here  some of the top English players aren't up to snuff.
Stan Sloan.