Author Topic: When will we ever learn  (Read 5619 times)

Christopher

Re: When will we ever learn
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 11:41:02 PM »
I'm another doubter. I would like to see the source which caused Couljo's relative to make the comment in this instance. My feeling is that there is very little validity to the comment.

Twocoats

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2006, 12:55:28 AM »
As I said previously. It is possible. In Belfast a person who is on disability but can walk etc. can get a mobility allowance of approx, 300 pounds a month to do with what he likes. Such as lease a vehicle, including tax and insurance. .Coats

Christopher

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2006, 02:10:13 AM »
Twocoats .. that may be the case .. a friend of mine .. she died in the mid eighties ... suffered great pain when she walked. She applied for disability allowance and had to go for medicals. She told me some of the doctors who examined her really humiliated her .. they were really ignorant. Her own doctor knew her condition but the ones on examining boards seemed not to believe what they were told about her condition for reasons best known to themselves. If I remember all she managed to get was an invalid pass. As far as I am aware she did not bother telling her story to the press although she was a friend of Ian & Nicky Hill and John & Karen Trew.

eastender

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2006, 03:58:09 AM »
Bang on coats.  ;)

Any time we've been back, my relatives regale us about all the skivers they know in the area gettin Tony's handouts.

Most complain about people receiving free cars or vans, registered, insured and fuelled by Tony, ostensibly for disabled children or other relatives. The free vehicles are never used to transport the disabled, who are instead ferried via publicly funded mini buses and the free vehicles used for other things.

So yer right, coats anything could be possible in Tone's utopia.  ;D ;D
People want to know how much you care, before they care how much you know.

Twocoats

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2006, 04:20:03 AM »
Glad you concur Eastender. It is a fact that if parents have a diabled child and even if both parents are working in good jobs the child is entitled to what they call "Mobility". Around 300 pound a monthe to have a nice van including tax and insurance and full warranty for three years. Yes the child is transported in the van some of the time but it can be used for the parents private use such as dropping the child off at daycare or school and then going on to work. Coats

eastender

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2006, 04:29:14 AM »
coats,

Can't see Stevie H doin that for us, although I know of a multitude of other skivin scams here too.  :o :o

Christopher

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2006, 06:00:50 AM »
Glad you concur Eastender. It is a fact that if parents have a diabled child and even if both parents are working in good jobs the child is entitled to what they call "Mobility". Around 300 pound a monthe to have a nice van including tax and insurance and full warranty for three years. Yes the child is transported in the van some of the time but it can be used for the parents private use such as dropping the child off at daycare or school and then going on to work. Coats

Twocoats, what do you expect them to do once they have dropped the child off at school ???
Take the "Mobility" vehicle home and catch a bus or use a second car ???

Twocoats

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2006, 06:10:07 AM »
Christopher. You don't seem to get the point. It is indeed unfortunate if parents have a disabled child. The parents I am referring to already had a car of their own and took the child to daycare etc. in that. When the child got Mobility they immediately sold their car and therefore didn't have to pay all the costs that owning a car incur. That was 320 pound a month. Divided by 4 weeks equals 80 pound a week. That is net money which is probably worth 420 pound a month before taxes at the parents tax rate. Get real

Christopher

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2006, 06:33:23 AM »
I'm not a mind reader Twocoats... did you make any mention of the fact that they already had a car of their own. It's great that the parents are caring for their child. About thirty or forty years ago I could have told you about extremely well off parents who put their disabled kids in a home rather than look after the kid themselves. It's great to see kids living with their parents and siblings.

The Motability Scheme was set up in 1977 when the Labour Government were in power and Jim Callaghan was the Prime Minister. In the UK, over 1.7 million disabled people qualify for the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance and over 16,000 qualify for the War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement. What a disabled person chooses to do with that money is entirely up to them. Currently, some 430,000 disabled people have chosen to have their allowances paid to the Scheme to meet the cost of having a car, powered wheelchair or scooter through contract hire or hire purchase schemes. 

eastender

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 05:38:40 AM »
coats,

There's no point in trying to explain what you mean to someone who'll never understand or want to. I know what my relatives told me, also what you meant in yer posts and hear ya loud and clear. Then again, I am also on this planet.  ;) ;D

If money's handed out, there's a good chance the able bodied and minded people associated with the disabled will abuse it. Unfortunately it appears to be human nature.

Meanwhile on the planet Gibber, a trillion light years away.     ::) ::)

Sad_Mushroom

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 05:44:41 AM »
Wow,,,,,I lost the idea of this discussion....It went from school bullying to everything.

I think most bullies are the more insecure,,,they pick on the little (whether it be minor race,,minor size) They seem to do it out of fear and to make themselves seem bigger. It happens alot in schools esp high schools,,,12-18yo's and I think it comes from how they were raised.

I have a 13yo son who gets picked on,,,but he has sooo much confidence and self worth,,,,and he understands that kids do it out of anger and spite,,,that he ignores it.
My 13yo who is lanky,, runs funny,,,,he is awkward in any type of sports and he had an ear blockage as a child so he always had trouble pronouncing words.....so they used to call him,,,"baby girl and spastic head" etc

We all need to learn tolerance,,,,,and happy healthy people with confidence and self esteem DO NOT pick on other people....The people/kids who do the picking need help and support,,,,,,when they realise LIFE   is NOT a competition about race or colour or religion they may all learn to get along...

The kids etc that shoot people and try suicide are NOT normal people!!! They are people crying for help and who knows what has gone on in thier lives....

I know bullying is an issue,,,,not just in Belfast,,,but in ALL of the world,,,,,but people that are confident and happy don't usually harrass other people!!!

Forget the kids doing it and concentrate on their parents..

Kellie

Christopher

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 06:11:13 AM »
The discussion seems to have drifted to one about parents of disabled kids abusing handouts from the state. I fail to see how they are abusing the system which states the money can be spent as they wish. The abuse is carried out by the state as there are millions of pounds lying unclaimed by people who have either not a clue about their entitlements or are too proud to claim. We might as well have a go at people with large families as opposed to single people .. those with large families get more from the state than those with no kids .. we may as well talk about people such as civil servants, teachers whatever profession you care to mention ... striking for more pay .. they cost the state money by striking .. they annoy me as I realize a government of any nation has nothing in the kitty until it applies taxation .. the strikers might as well knock on the doors of their neighbours and request so much per week from them. Britain and Ireland have lost a fine industrial base through strikes. OK some of it was lost through costs being lower in the third world but strikes and delays in completing deadlines did the country no favours.

Sad_Mushroom

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 06:23:04 AM »
Hiya Christopher,
 OK I think I got it.....hehehe
I think parents of disabled kids need all the help they can get.....I have seen parents of normal kids making much less effort and getting just as much money...

[censored] I just read the rest of the messages about the parents and their new car!!! [censored] you,,,,do you know how much medical costs are for a disabled child??? Medication??? Care if the parents need a night out to be adults and lovers and not just the carers of a disabled child????

AHHHHHHH [censored] it,,,let both parents work 2 jobs get no help and seperate and chuck all the kids in a home as it is just too hard!!!!!!!

How many other kids do them parents have??? Maybe the van was cause they have other kids and trying to mnake 2 or 3 trips in a car meant parents were late for work!!!

SEE this is the bullying and discrimination that this discussion started about,,,,,,people with no idea but a bad view making comments when they don't know facts...What you not getting enough money and need a free van thaqt you have tp pick on people with a disabled kid???

eastender

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 06:33:38 AM »
Do we usually have hymns after the sermons?  ;D What's yer fancy?

On the topic of drifting discussions, I hope none of us lives in a glass house, otherwise we might have a few windows damaged from the inside.  8) ::)

Hey, yer comments are magic Mushroom!  ;) I hope someone from snowy Australia isn't insulting me by calling me a bully? Which facts don't I know  ???

BTW what does [censored] mean  ??? ???

giannineo

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 12:05:41 PM »
I work with severely disabled young people.Of course there will be some carers/parents/guardians who will abuse the benefits.But the task of caring for someone with a disability is immense and most of the carers deserve every penny and every bit of help they can get(and which saves the NHS millions each year).Let us not cloud the issue by derising the systems because of the abusers.
              Do businesses not avoid/evade tax,do self employed people ever avoid/evade tax on a huge scale.Do any of us have "homers" carried out at our houses/on our cars whereby the person doing the "homer" pockets the cash and the Inland Revenue sees none of it?
       I have no answer to the tax/benefits cheats other than to 'shop' anyone who is 'at it'.
                    Anybody else have the answer?. Of course there is a 'black' economy,fraud,cheating,but it is worldwide.
       Great post Sad Mushroom.....the armchair experts obviously haven't got a clue re the hard facts of caring for the disabled.