Author Topic: grave card  (Read 840 times)

orangelil

grave card
« on: October 26, 2006, 12:39:59 AM »
Hi all

This is an old grave card dated 17/08/1925.  It is for Saintfield and I believe it is for my great grandmother's grave.  Does anyone know if this would be for the Church of Ireland graveyard in Saintfield?  Is here a Church of Ireland graveyard in Saintfield? 

Her name was Rice (no idea about her first name) when my granda was born, but she may have remarried after this so I have no idea what the name on the grave will be.

Any help appreciated as always.
Thanks
Karen
McGarvey (Cookstown), McAree (Monaghan), Rice (Saintfield), McDonald (Ballinderry), Totton (Ballinderry), Thompson (Belfast), O'Raw (Randalstown)

Christopher

Re: grave card
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 09:27:10 AM »
Hiya Karen, that Grave Card is from the Select Vestry of the Church of Ireland. The Vicar's name is shown
and the Blackwood Price family are members of the C. of I.  Saintfield Church of Ireland Graveyard is included
in "Gravestone Inscriptions, Co Down, Volume 3" edited by R. S. J. Clarke published by the Ulster Historical Foundation.

orangelil

Re: grave card
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »
Thanks Christopher
McGarvey (Cookstown), McAree (Monaghan), Rice (Saintfield), McDonald (Ballinderry), Totton (Ballinderry), Thompson (Belfast), O'Raw (Randalstown)