Author Topic: All about Me!!!  (Read 20577 times)

heather1

All about Me!!!
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:05:14 PM »
OK people.  Things are way tooooooo quiet on here lately.  Let's get this forum rocking!!!

For a start, let's find out about each other.

I will go first.

Name:  Heather (obviously, considering my username)
Live:  Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
Interests:  Ice Hockey (watching, not playing), ice skating, reading,  tv,internet

That will start us for now.  Now let's hear from the rest of you.

sacha

Re: All about Me!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 08:25:10 AM »
hey! im sacha, does it your real name?

clown

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 10:57:16 AM »
ok, I think I'll join in on this one too.

Name: Gary
Interests: Football, sports cars, motorbikes, history, comedy, nearly all kinds of music, the pub, I'm sure that there's loads more but I forget what they are once I've been to the pub.
You know you can't keep angry at me for long

Christopher

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:04:29 PM »
Name:  Christopher Peake .that is my real christian name. That is my picture

Education: St Hilda's Kindergarten, Wandsworth Road, Knock;
Rockport Preparatory School, Craigavad, Co. Down and St Columba's College, Rathfarnham, Co. Dublin

Live: Ballynahinch, Co. Down .. used to live at Knock, East Belfast

Occupation:   Retired. In previous life Insurance Clerk, Salesman ( I was a sales agent calling with shops throughout Northern Ireland. I started selling children's wear but later sold giftwear and souvenirs),
Circus (rather boring actually. Nothing so exciting as taming lions. I was a member of the advance publicity team)
Interests: A wide range in several categories ie Active Interests.Accumulating Useless Information ... someone is bound to be interested sometime, Genealogy (researching my own family tree and assisting others research theirs), Going to the pub for a drink (I've cut that from five nights a week to an occasional visit), Local history, writing poetry and prayers. .Dormant Interests  which may yet be revived .. Ballroom dancing, playing Bridge, playing Pool

kaz35

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 10:46:36 PM »
ok, my turn

karen
glengormley originally now ballycastle
age  36 ( but kids say im an old woman lol)
mum of five
total lunatic

Christopher

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 10:51:22 PM »
Total lunatic Karen... that makes two of us.

kaz35

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2006, 10:58:51 PM »
lol christopher

Christopher

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 01:59:07 PM »
hey! im sacha, does it your real name?

Hiya Sacha,

OK that's your name. So tell us more about yourself. You may keep your age a secret if you wish but give us a rough idea of your location, mention what you do and a little bit about your interests. 

This thread, started by Heather, is a good idea. There may be the occasional quiet time on the site. This thread helps to look at people's interests and may well help to start a new subject of conversation.

Hiya Heather, you are an office manager in an Architects. That sounds as though it might be a busy practice. Some architects are interested in the Ulster Architectural Heritage Society. Are you interested in the protection of old buildings.

Hiya Gary, blue collar worker with an interest in cars and motor cycles... are you a mechanic?

Hiya Karen, you must have done something before you became a mum of five kids.

Is there anyone else who would like to tell us a bit about themselves ???

Best Wishes, Christopher

Mageeka

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 01:19:21 PM »
Well a little info
Born , bred and buttered in the Falls, but have been in the US for 32 years
I am retired from the U S military and am married to a Belfast woman for 38 years. Great woman, who has given me 4 wonderful children, Currently have 3 grand kids and my children are spread all over the USA.
Lived in England for 12 years prior to coming here
Just been on vacation to Bekfast and enjoyed every moment of it

At the moment my dear wife has lymphoma .  So if any of you guys and girls are of the praying type , please remember her in your prayers
God Bless

Christopher

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 01:26:07 PM »
Hiya Mageeka,

I am sorry to hear your wife has lymphoma. Would you care to post her Christian name? Lighting a candle for "Mageeka's wife" seems so impersonal. I am sure I will not be the only person who will either light a candle or
say a prayer for her  http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

Best wishes to you and your family,

Christopher

Mageeka

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »
Thank you Christopher
Her name is Margaret
Thanks again

arkie

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 05:30:40 PM »
WELL WELL WELL. IF IT ISNT MY OLD FRIEND MAGEEKA. WELCOME BACK. HOPE YOUR WIFE MARGARET, IS KEEPING WELL. AS IVE SAID IN ONE OF CHRISTOPHERS THREADS. HOPE THIS SITE HAS BETTER COVERAGE.

Mageeka

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 08:32:02 PM »
Arkie
The site will get better
Remember, Mageeka has said so

Taggart 009

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 09:26:11 PM »
Arkie
The site will get better
Remember, Mageeka has said so

Taggart 009

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 09:34:24 PM »
Right then, guess I am last not but least!
I am Valerie Poole (Nee Taggart)  I left Belfast about 30 years ago. Lived up just off the Cavehill Rd, and North Circular Road area of North Belfast.
Went to the Girls Model School for a few years or until my parents decided I need the rough edges taken off me and they packed me off to a boarding school in Bray. Co. Wicklow called the French School.
Left there and went to Miss. Gordon's secretarial School after which I ended up working in the Classified Advertising Department of the Belfast Telegraph until I married in 72.
Married a guy from Devon. England. Had 2 brilliant daughters Claire and Emma . Immigrated to Calgary. Alberta. Canada.  One daughter is now a Journalist - took after her Dad- and the other has her own P.R. and Media relations company.
Me., well I opened my own Seniors Newspaper. Don't laugh, it made a lot of money! Built it up from nothing and sold it.
I am now retired, along with my husband Bob, and hopefully are about to travel the world and smell the roses.
There you have it.