Author Topic: PEDLOW family of Counties Armagh, Antrim & Down and abroad  (Read 7455 times)

joy elizbeth

Re: PEDLOW family of Counties Armagh, Antrim & Down and abroad
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2016, 12:26:27 PM »
Hi my name is Stephen my dads name is Joseph he has brothers Patrick John James and Desmond and sisters Martha Mary Florence Agnes Joseph is the last of the of the male members left he lives in Carrickfergus. He has 4 sons and 2 daughters. Betty Bill. Twins Stephen and Christopher then Robert and Maria

Whirly

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2016, 12:34:15 PM »
Hi Stephen. From the info you put up I guess you're Uncle Joe's son. I'm Jason, Desmond's son (Joe will know me if I haven't got you confused with some other Pedlows!). Let me know how your dad is - I haven't spoken to him since my dad's funeral.

udini

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 04:22:09 PM »
Hello,
I am originally from Belfast, now in Canada. I seem to remember a Pedlow family living in Lavens Drive, Belfast next door to my Grandparents Todd. This would be in the 50s and 60s.

Who,what, where,when and why,I think that says it all.

CMcG

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 06:21:07 PM »

Hello,
I am originally from Belfast, now in Canada. I seem to remember a Pedlow family living in Lavens Drive, Belfast next door to my Grandparents Todd. This would be in the 50s and 60s.

The 1960 Belfast street directory for Laven's Drive, courtesy of the Lennon Wylie website:

9 Pedlow, George, foreman
11 Todd, William, messenger

http://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/images/1960BSD/1960strs%200227.jpg 

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

gwp

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2016, 12:50:20 AM »
Dear all,

Sorry for being away from the Forum for so long.  I was so busy with work and other projects that I put genealogy aside for several years and did not come back to the Forum to see what was being posted.  I sent a PM to Lindasturgeon about her Cordrain Pedlows with a few more details but no further progress beyond the oldest known ancestor Thomas Pedlow.  I also told Dip that I agreed that William Pedlow Todd's mother was most likely a Pedlow, but the marriage records do not go back beyond 1845, which makes it difficult to trace the mother.  I found one Todd-Pedlow marriage in the US, but this was much, much later.

As I said before, I am happy to share my Pedlow research with others.

Regards,
Greg (previously in Belgium, now retired and living in Germany)

AndrewBB

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 03:14:06 AM »
Hello Sir,  Mary Ann McCallum(b. 1851 Omagh)  of my wife's McCallum family had married 1880 Belfast  to William Pedlow, Sr. Inspector National Schools.  They lived in Ballymena, Belfast, Cork, Dublin, etc.   In Belfast they were associated with Margaret Byer's school for girls and also lived on Lower Crescent nearby.  I have a lot of info on them.  I believe William was son of Henry Pedlow and Mary Ellis.   

Some info too may be on my blog  mccallum-omagh.blogspot.com

gwp

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 11:44:34 AM »
Hello Andrew,

The William Pedlow who was an inspector of schools in various locations was not the son of Henry and Mary Ellis Pedlow of the Lisacurran branch of the Pedlows but rather the son of Henry Pedlow (c. 1832-1930) and Anne McClure (c. 1829-1882) of Hillsborough, County Down. Henry was a gardener by profession and was born in the townland of Culcavy (Culcavey), Paris of Blaris, County down.  His parents were Henry Pedlow (c. 1790-1879) and Ellen [last name unknown] (c. 1797-1875). Henry was a farmer in Culcavy.  I would be interested in learning Mary Ann McCallum's exact dates (all I had was an approximate birth date of 1853), her husband's name and dates, and her parents, plus any other information you may have about the Pedlows on this chart or their spouses.  I have the names and birth dates (in some cases only the year because I did not always purchase the full certificate) of William and Mary Ann's 10 children.  I have prepared a chart on Google Drive that shows all I know about this branch of the family, but I don't seem to be able to add it here or even put a link to it, so send me an e-mail at [sse]ped1815[at]gmail.com[/sse] and I will send you the chart.  I believe that the Culcavy Pedlows have died out in the male line unless Daniel Pedlow (born 7 Jan 1893 in Newtownards) married and had offspring; I have no information on him other than his birth; if anyone knows anything about him, I would be very grateful.

I am not part of this branch of the family but instead from the Townland of Ballylisk, County Armagh, branch of the family.  We came to Pennsylvania in the 1850s. The much larger Lissacurran branch is an offspring of the Ballylisk Pedlows: Thomas Pedlow (1701-1785) left Ballylisk for the Lurgan area and married Mary Greer, a Quaker.  I am convinced that the various branches of the family are all related and have used DNA tests to prove this in some cases where the records do not go back far enough. Unfortunately I do not believe that any males have survived from the Culcavy branch of the family, and male DNA is needed to trace the Pedlow relationships.

Regards,
Greg

AndrewBB

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2017, 08:48:06 AM »
Greg, thanks for your quick reply.  I will help with all that I have.   I will email you soon.

gwp

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2019, 02:01:46 PM »
Dear fellow Pedlow lineage researchers,
I put the following information in another Pedlow-related post on the forum but thought I would also include it here. 
"For all of you working on Pedlow lineages, I have been gathering data on all Pedlows around the world since 1970 and have developed a number of different trees for the various branches of the surname.  For the past few years I have also been using DNA tests to link branches together when the records do not go back far enough (which is generally the case).  I have now been able to identify two different genetic groups of Pedlows: (1) those with origins in County Armagh (Haplogroup E-M35), now including Pedlows in Northern Ireland, England, the US, Australia and New Zealand, and (2) those with origins in County Down (a group of families who later spread into County Antrim and Belfast and then the USA) who all seem to be Haplogroup I-P37.  I administer a group on Facebook called the "Pedlow Family History" group where Pedlows from around the world get to know each other and try to see how they are related, and I have posted a number of Pedlow trees there.  I am happy to help out with Pedlow research queries.  I look forward to hearing from you.  Regards, Greg Pedlow"

moorsy

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2019, 02:32:36 PM »
There was a Pedlows grocery store opened in Creston B.C. last year under the P.C. groups franchise. Dont know who the owner is.  Will try to find out.
i,m out of my mind,but feel free to leave a message.

Sandra pedlow

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2021, 08:47:45 PM »
My grandfather William Pedlow lived at lisacurran with his wife Minnie they had 6 children Margaret Maureen Alex William (billy my dad) Jim and Muriel