Author Topic: Help Needed  (Read 929 times)

Skylark

Help Needed
« on: October 30, 2006, 10:01:41 AM »
Hi 

Really need Help!  ???

I have been researching my family since January and have done alot of work on it, I have had a major set back as my computor had a mega virus and had to be set back to factory settings and I have lost everything, stupidly I had all the web addresses that I have used and have been totally invaluable to me saved in my favourites and not written down. I have wrote down alot of info and do remember some addresses but if anyone out there would be kind enough to post a few for me to get back on track I would really appreciate it.

At least I have learnt from my lesson.

Thankyou  :-\

eddiec

Re: Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 01:51:29 PM »
Hi Skylark

What kind of sites are you looking for... it would give people an idea of what to recommend if they new your area of interest.

Also, have a look through the forum... you will find a few sites listed in other threads...
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Christopher

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 05:22:11 PM »
Hiya Skylark,

Your search is for the Craig, Reynolds and Sweet families. Did your notes include any other families?
On the sites that have linked back you may have used Ros Davies and the Lennon Wylie site.

Christopher 

Skylark

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 10:44:30 PM »
Hey Christopher,

The other name I have is Sweet Cruse, I have found so may spellings of it, swete, sweett, sweette, cruse, creuse. I think the surname was Cruse but they seemed to use sweett as a middle name? I kmow they were a family of Coastguards originally from Cork then Donaghadee!! At some point they dropped the Cruse and just used sweet, whichever spelling.

Thank you Quarefella for the addresses, a great help.

Can you please tell me where the City Cemetary and the Shankill Cemetary are?
I am desperate to find the grave of Josephine Reynolds nee Sweett, her last address that I know was 44 Hanna Street Belfast, have no idea where she is buried but am determind to find it. I know she had a daughter in 1911. my Gt Grandmother, then her husband James Reynolds re-married in 1916 so I think she died between these dates.

MaryLennon

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »
Skylark, if you have the same harddrive, email me and I can tell you how to recover all your lost files..with some luck and a bit of skullduggery... ;)

Mary
[email protected]