Author Topic: foundry street  (Read 25401 times)

aine

foundry street
« on: November 17, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »
hi would any one have any photos of of foundry street. my grand dad came from there many thanks in advance Aine

tommac

Re: foundry street
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
no photos but lots of memories my grandparents came from there

ollie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 10:26:24 PM »
aine what was their name my dad cam from there as well
you only live once but if you live right once is enough

Bridget888

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2008, 02:22:46 PM »
the only people my granddad remembers from there are the Georges the Rooneys and the Mooneys and the Bethles does anybody remember them they use to play with each other lots of fond memories of the great days

shannagh1

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 03:09:58 PM »
Bridget there is another topic here somewhere and Foundry St is on it.
There is another fella here(tommac) whose father was from Foundry St lives in Beechmount now..
My father in law RIP was one of the Georges,also know the Mooneys and Rooneys from there.
I'll ask my wifes uncle also born in Foundry St has he any old photos of the place,his father and uncles (Georges) all lived there with their families.

tommac

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »
my grand parents lived in a strange house in the street it was at the bottom of kanes lane it had gardens and 2 parlours it was in a row of little garden houses on the right hand side about half way down

bhelena

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 11:38:55 PM »
hi would any one have any photos of of foundry street. my grand dad came from there many thanks in advance Aine
where abouts was Foundry Street...

ollie

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 11:42:15 PM »
it was up towards the newtonards road i think my dad from there its in the parish of ST Malachys knockbreda maybe  some one else has mor info Bhelena

bhelena

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 11:50:42 PM »
it was up towards the newtonards road i think my dad from there its in the parish of ST Malachys knockbreda maybe  some one else has mor info Bhelena
thanks it just sounded like I knew it but I dont know that side of town well

ollie

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 11:53:25 PM »
every one must be in bed  ;D i am going there shortly the weather here is wicked very stormy time to cuddle in the bed with a good book and hot water bottle O0

shannagh1

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 04:01:29 PM »
Tommac
Was asking the wifes mother and she says she remembers your father well.Did he fix televisions as well.

mealey

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »
Hi Aine,
           I have one old photo of Foundary Street with the old mission hall in it. my e-mail is    [email protected]     if you wish to send me your e-mail address I would be happy to send you the photo as that is the only way I can do it at present.
                 Sammy
Sammy Mealey

ollie

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »
hi  sammy could you please  email this to me as my dad came from Foundry street but if you go to bucketphoto you can register and its free you can post photos like that but if you go to my profile ther you will find ny email

Yourman

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 04:37:17 AM »
It ran from Fraser st (where i lived) to the Bridge end most of the streets from Fraser street to Harland st run into Foundry St. Fraser st was facing St Matthews Chapel so i take it that it came under that parish

Montrose

• Account Closed
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 05:32:44 PM »

My brother and his family lived in Fraser Street...up util about 1970...Name of Gray lived at 12 Newtownards Road end.
Montrose

"I've learned that the people you care most about in life, are taken from you too soon, and the real pains in the ass are permanent. "