Author Topic: Oldpark road & walton street  (Read 12048 times)

galwayboy

Re: Oldpark road & walton street
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 05:19:26 PM »
Continuing my interest in Oldpark Rd & Walton St - are there any pictures of that area in the mid 1920's . How close is it to the Shipyards and in political terms what persuasion would its main occupants be !
My father lived and worked there in 1920's and spoke of the tough clientele ( I think from the shipyard) that frequented the pub he ran in those days. He had disbanded from the RIC and could not go back to his family because of the trouble in the south at that time.
Anybody able to point me in the direction of sources of the living environment at that time ?
Regards
galway boy

jmac

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 03:35:26 PM »
Any one remember the pubs up in and  around Louisa St (not pubs in the Bone)
Hi Glenb, yes i remember most of the pubs in & around Louisa st. in the 1950s/60s they were, Louisa st:- Hanulas, Walton st/ Hillview st:-Eddie Magee's, Hillview st/Druise st: mcLeans(the cossack), Hillview st/Oldpark rd:-the Bush, Everton st:- the Counsellor/Middle house/Bob Halls,this pub was known by all 3 names & it had a back door onto Cromwell st. Everton st/Crumlin rd:-the Everton bar, Byron st/Oldpark rd:-the Admiral. thats all the ones i remember, CHEERS :smile:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

jmac

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2010, 03:36:54 PM »
Any one remember the pubs up in and  around Louisa St (not pubs in the Bone)
opp's :blush2: done it twice,sorry :smile:
Illegitimi Non Carborundum.

Ubique

rusty

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 10:25:12 PM »
opp's :blush2: done it twice,sorry :smile:
  you fairly get around these sites fella . I just found this one and it would be gr8 to c photos.

seosamh

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2020, 04:00:27 PM »
anyone on here know the mc graths from hillview st