Author Topic: Every Picture tells a story  (Read 9577 times)

giannineo

Re: Every Picture tells a story
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2006, 10:00:15 AM »
Naumai,yes,the prefabs were below the army camp.There was a road fronting the Annadale flats,and as you entered the road the prefabs were on the left.There was a large open grassed space in front of the Annadale flats and running down to the embankment which ran from the Ormeau Bridge to the King's Bridge(Dunnes stores is on that embankment).There was a telephone box outside those prefabs.The gasometer would most likely have been at the Gasworks.

Christopher

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2006, 10:44:49 PM »
Lifeboat Saturday was the original name for the RNLIs flag day.

Eddie where do you think that Lifeboat Saturday event took place? It looks as though it was in a field.
Could that have been on the Commons at Donaghadee? Then "Dicksons. Publishers. Belfast" Any ideas?

I'm listening to a little bit of the Fron Male Voice Choir on the radio. They are beautiful singers. The youngest is aged 18 and the oldest 85. A former manager of "Blue" discovered the choir. A film producer wants to make a story about the choir.

eddiec

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 10:33:03 PM »
Eddie where do you think that Lifeboat Saturday event took place? It looks as though it was in a field.
Could that have been on the Commons at Donaghadee? Then "Dicksons. Publishers. Belfast" Any ideas?

Unfortunately I don't think there is anyway to tell for sure. If there was anyway to identify the year there may be something in the newspapers.

Is there a history of the RNLI which may give some indication of where such parades may have taken place??? worth a shot...
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.  <i>Mark Twain</i>

Christopher

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 02:26:10 AM »
They certainly took place in towns where there was a lifeboat .. Donaghadee, Newcastle
and Portrush spring to mind but other towns had days to support the lifeboats too.