Author Topic: Belfast's Doll's Hospital  (Read 3484 times)

Christopher

Belfast's Doll's Hospital
« on: December 02, 2008, 07:07:52 PM »
There doesn't seem to be a Doll's Hospital in Belfast these days. At one time there was one in Sandy Row. There are still a few in England. One of them reminds readers of its page of the National Health Service as it contains a message which says that at the end of November it had a waiting list of 396 patients ... that's about two years work for the person / people repairing the dolls. Dolls aren't all that they repair ... all types of antique and modern teddies, toys, rag dolls, rocking horses and doll's houses get repaired too. 

The Lounge Lizard

Re: Belfast's Doll's Hospital
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
Was the dolls hospital not on the Grosvenor Rd beside the mission hall? (and no I didn't bring my dolls there to get them fixed!!!)
Memories they can't be bought,they cant be won at carnivals for free,it took me years to get those souvenirs and I don't know how they slipped away fr

geri

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »
the doll's hospital was on the grosvenor road, just facing where Mccausland's is now.

spindle

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 03:00:12 PM »
Was the dolls hospital not on the Grosvenor Rd beside the mission hall? (and no I didn't bring my dolls there to get them fixed!!!)

I found this topic when I googled looking for the location of the old doll hospital - that I was sure we had once!

But my memory was of going to a place on Ormeau Road.  Lower Ormeau, near the bridge.  I feel it was on the corner, near the location of what became a travel agent and opposite the entrance to the Asian supermarket.  Maybe the shop with steps up to the door?

Maybe that was just a haberdashery... or something that sold whatever someone thought would do the job to mend my ...can't even recall, bear or doll??

WesC

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 09:16:38 PM »
My street directory states that there was a dollsí hospital at 24 Sandy Row, besides Isaacís Court.